Caba-list?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nikko, May 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Does anyone know of a list of each of the Obsidian Cabalists, coupled with the weapon they carry, and the types of attacks they use (buffs, etc.)? I did a search, but it is really hard to find something this specific.

I am going to go nuts on sieges during the summer, and I know for sure there at least a couple of the cabalists I have not seen yet.

Thanks for any infos you all have!

Daigoji Gai and Oyjord Hansen like this.
  2. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Hope this helps you (not 100% accurate probably):

Nefas - hammer (confusion effect)

Corpus - shield (durability armor debuff, weapons don't lose any dura points)

Temna - crossbow (confusion effect)

Fastus - halberd (confusion)

Dolus - wand (lighting stuns)

Avara - wand (health for focus debuff "chaotic feedback")

Indigno - spear (teleport effect)

Nefario - sword (STR debuff)

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    Sentinel2, Elrond, Fidelos and 10 others like this.
  3. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

4. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Excellent. Thank you, gents! This will all be a huge help as my friends and I seek to destroy this great evil.

• Dolus: The Cabalist of Deceit who causes confusion in the ranks, whose symbol is the Two Faces of Deceit.
    • Temna: The Cabalist of Despite who turns allies against each other, whose symbol is the Torn Heart.
    • Nefario: The Cabalist of Dastard (Cowardice) who strikes terror into those who dare oppose him, whose symbol is the Raised Arms of Capitulation.
    • Nefas: The Cabalist of Injustice who causes enemies to beg for mercy, whose symbol is Imbalance.
    • Avara: The Cabalist of Punishment who inflicts huge amounts of damage that lingers for long amounts of time, whose symbol is the Flail.
    • Indigno: The Cabalist of Dishonor who generates large clouds of poisonous gas, whose symbol is the Poisoned Chalice.
    • Corpus: The Cabalist of Carnality who forces opponents to “disrobe”, therefore losing all their defensive protection, whose symbol is Intercourse.
    • Fastus: The Cabalist of Vanity who mesmerizes opponents, whose symbol is the Vortex of Self Absorption.

Almar, majoria70, Rentier and 4 others like this.
  5. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

FANTASTIC!

Nikko likes this.
  6. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Great list! Now we need to add how to defeat them. This taming sorcerer can’t.they all kick my butt.

Daigoji Gai and Nikko like this.
  7. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Well, Duke... Avara has your number. You almost certainly have to have Ranged skills to be able to solo her. At least you probably have light armor. Sprint and Dash, combined with regular Ranged attacks that are NOT using focus is the only way I know how. Her main curse is that you absolutely can not use focus EVER when you're near her. If you do, you take quite a bit of damage. Also, she hits hard with that little wand, so you can't get too close, too often.

Daigoji Gai and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  8. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

The Rockettes they are not. Interesting line up of cabalists in that link. I think the @Rada Torment list shows actual effects though which is most helpful.
    I have always been wanting to make a list of their curse, their weakness (and strength/defense), and any tricks special to them.
    Never found Dolus to do anything. Frankly I find him the easiest. Can only defeat 3 of them right now so my list is very limited.

Rada Torment likes this.
  9. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

It sure is good info! Agreed.

Daigoji Gai likes this.
  10. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

11. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

I believe it's Nefas I''m thinking of, but be careful of him. He will quickly destroy your armor if you go toe-to-toe with him. You want to try to kill this one with ranged attacks if possible. If I'm thinking of the wrong one, someone correct me.

Nikko likes this.
  12. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Cheater! That Scout did all the hard work!
    Well done :)

13. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

That is Skeggy/Scarface in the video - just sharing it out - he puts out lots of good videos.

Nikko likes this.
  14. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

You are refering to Corpus. Nefas has the strongest confusing aura.

Here is another list :
    • Dolus : Deceitful Vile Hand
    • Temna : Despicable Vile Crossbow
    • Nefario : Dastard Vile Sword
    • Nefas : Oppressive Vile Hammer
    • Avara : Punishing Vile Flail
    • Indigno : Indignant Vile Halberd
    • Corpus : Shield ?
    • Fastus : Gaudy Vile Spear

Sorthious likes this.
  15. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Wolf speed, regeneration, and a bow are the way to deal with Avara. You can throw in the occasional Aimed Shot without getting hurt too much, but Rapid Fire can drain your health really fast.

Actually, that strategy (minus the regeneration) works well against all of them. But you'll need to be able to take at least a few hits against the confusion ones, because every time the keys change, there's a decent chance you'll end up running right up to them until you figure out the new directions.

16. Ameresta Trilon

Ameresta Trilon Avatar

You can use purify to remove Avara’s curse which then allows you time (30 seconds?) to use focus based skills

Keep in mind that using purify to remove the curse will cause damage

Sorthious, Duke Gréagóir and Nikko like this.
  17. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Avara drains your health via a Curse that is implemented based on the focus that you expend. Thus, you need to use Purify/Purify Burst to get rid of the curse. You need to look at the status icons on your health bar, in the upper-left, for a Skull and Crossbones(Poison) icon and use Purify when you see it. Regardless, Avara hits hard. If you try to heal while you are cursed you will basically kill yourself. Having healing potions on you is a great way to keep from dying.

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  18. Ameresta Trilon

Ameresta Trilon Avatar

My first encounter with Avara was both sad and hysterically funny... I didn’t understand Avara’s curse, chaotic feedback on crack, and so I tried running away and had to jump over some things... I was taking damage this whole time and in desperation to live long enough to leave the zone I spammed healing touch... wa wa wa

Such an ignoble death

Sorthious likes this.
  19. Ryodin Stormwind

Ryodin Stormwind Avatar

As soon as i purify the curse, it seems to come right back (about half the time)...Avara seems to hit harder than any cabalist I've encountered as well. Doesn't seem fair to be honest.

The enraged effect at 2000hp is absurd too.

Died more than 10 times trying to solo this boss, and I'm AL 84. Good luck to anyone trying to solo Avara melee. This is enough to make me rage quit for awhile.

What a terribly designed mechanic in contrast to the other Cabalists.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
    Sorthious likes this.
  20. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Yeah, he can curse again. If you are fighting him in a Forest Siege, go to the Defenders Camp to fight him. The defenders will help you fight him. Also, you can use the wagon in front of the tents to keep your distance from him. With most things, you have to just come up with a good strategy to beat certain mobs. I know that it is frustrating, but once you figure out a good method, you can beat your opponent. Soloing the cabalists is pretty rough for Adv Lvl 90 and below. I'm Adv Lvl 108(base) and it's not easy soloing most of the Cabalists.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.