Call To Arms: Brother in Need!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Amber Raine, Dec 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

Greetings Avatars!

I come before you with a request this holiday season, seek deeply within yourselves and ask "Have I helped my fellow man this season"? If the answer is no, or, not enough what more can I do? Then I ask thee kindly to partake of this Call to Arms.

Our Brother, Kazyn Phoenixfyre, friend to all and family to many, is in need of our help. One who always goes forth to help others and rarely ever asks for anything in return has found the tides have turned unfashionably against him leading him to not know which direction he should go.

I ask you, avatars, to help guide him. Let Chaos shower him in blessings from all of us, instead of the nightmare this could otherwise seem to be.

High Priestess of Chaos,

Amber Raine

---------------------------------------

Our Brother needs Your Help!

[​IMG]
    kazyn-phoenixfyre-mom-need-help

Many of us know Kazyn Phoenixfyre, aka Brian Collins, for his tireless commitment to helping others in various online communities (not least of all Shroud of the Avatar, Avatar's Radio, and Church of the Dark Star.)

It's time for us to pay back what has so generously been paid forward. We need to dig deep this holiday season and show our brother that we are a community that comes together when a family member has fallen and sits among the tatters.

His mother has recently lost nearly everything - including her car and even her home. Compounding that, are various medical issues, including memory loss and dementia. Her care is falling squarely on his and his wife's shoulders, with none of his relatives showing any interest in helping.

In his words:

"I am not one to ever ask for help, usually I am the one asking how I can help others. This is just... that tipping point where I couldn't really logically go and refuse it. So I thank Amber and everyone else in the sota community, and I also thank you for all the well wishes i've gotten so far.

I dont exactly know how bad it's gonna be yet - as i'm at the moment trying to help my mom of 64 years basically start a new life... while dealing with the memory and medical issues. It's quite daunting.. and has been really stressful and worrying. I do apologize for my quietness lately in the community but this has been a lot to take in and process..."

The last sentence says it all. His life is in tatters and he is apologizing for not being more active for us.

Please, give what you can. Even $1 at a time adds up very quickly.

And for those who are unable to give financially (hey, we get it, it's the holidays) Amber Raine will be organizing the sending of food, clothing (for mom), and other such donations at (amberrainedragon at gmail dot com) - or, of course, you may contact her in any 'usual' way you prefer.

Thank you all for everything!
    Help spread the word!

2. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

@Amber Raine is there a link for monetary donations or are we just contacting you directly?

3. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

There is a link to the GoFundMe campaign on Facebook :)

EDIT: Click on the red lettering under the picture of Kazyn and his mom in the original post above for the link o_O

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  4. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

Aaah okay.....if someone could message that to me, that would be awesome :)

5. Insinious FizzleThorpe

Insinious FizzleThorpe Avatar

6. Amber Raine

There is a link under the picture
    The orange words under the picture is a direct link to the GoFundMe

Any donations of non-perishables or clothing I would ask come to me so that Kazyn is not under a wave of requests and questions. Trying to make this as easy on him as possible.

For those who can not see it....

https://www.gofundme.com/kazyn-phoenixfyre-mom-need-help

7. Amber Raine

Question has been posed to me "Do you know what size she is" .

The answer received was "She is tiny".

She is a 64 year old woman whom has a small type build, sizes in canadian and american vary from each other as no doubt other countries would. Yet, I would reckon to make a guess if the items were more in the "small" to "medium" size area they would fit. Anything bigger would be... too big and she would be swimming in them.

Gabriel Nightshadow likes this.
  8. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

Hello everyone. I'm having a heck of a lot of trouble keeping up due to everything that has been happening (obviously, you all know that now) but I wanted to say t hank you so much... I just saw this thanks to Amber. This whole thing has really taken our breath away and i'll admit given a huge sense of relief in the chaos we are living right now. Even my mother, albeit at times right now she's having trouble processing things and realizing what is really going on, has really felt a sense of comfort when she heard about this as she was afraid of the burden it would put on us since most of the rest of the family has been unable to help or take her in.

There is a lot we are still figuring out, and a long way to go, but after seeing this I just wanted to say that it really does bring a bit of joy to my heart to see people willing to pitch in (or even start this campaign at all!). I'm the youngest in the family and dont really have much in the way of close family or relations so this whole thing has not been something I have been prepared for. Somehow though, it's no surprise at all that at the end of the day it was going to be the SotA community that would provide some sense of light in this very dark time (or at least - uncertain) time.

To Amber's post above... Yes, my mother has started over almost entirely here. She had one bag of a few changes of clothing and that has been about it for right now. I actually do know her sizes now, 6 in shoe and 5 ladies sizes. This is one point where I am certainly glad I have my wife because the world of shopping for womens clothing is objectively terrifying to me.

I will admit, i have never been in this kind of position before. Certainly never been subject of any kind of collection or charity like this in my adult life. So I just wanted to post where I saw to say to everyone... even if just giving warm wishes... thank you very much. There are really no words I find that can express the gratitude i've felt or that can clearly communicate the comfort it has given us. I just wanted to make sure that I posted something to express that though.

9. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

Oops, I'm dumb...I didn't even realize that was a link and I never hovered over it. Thanks!

10. unicornslady

unicornslady Avatar

Just added a few dollars to help. Give your mom a gentle hug from me! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.