Calling all authors!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Asclepius, Jan 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

bzzzzzt.......bzzzzttt.....this is a public service announcement. Please allow a brief pause in the murder/mayhem/wild orgies for an update from the management...

OK, as you know we at Echoes from the Caverns love to bring you podcasts of the wonderful works that originate from you, the community. They are hosted on the website, and broadcast on Avatars Radio for all to enjoy.

Now as it happens I have locked into a great source for now - in the person of Elgarion De'Kahli - but I do ponder what will happen when that runs out. We want more wonderful stories, from more authors, representing a wide cross section of the community. Sadly, the "vault" is running a bit dry, which means that as soon as we see something it is snapped up and recorded! (Nice to have some reserves....)

Our usual method of finding stories is to trawl through the library section, and ask if we can podcast particular works. If we have overlooked anything I truly apologize - it's a big forum, and hard to be across all of it.

My main message is - if you have written a story, poem or whatever, and would like to hear it as a podcast, PLEASE give us a buzz. It is so much easier than us trying to ferret out stuff, and risking missing out on a gem.

Also, Lord Baldrith's awesome voice really needs a workout - if you would like your creation read by him, please just give the nod - it will absolutely happen!

So, you can have your piece immortalised in mp3 format by contacting lordbaldrith@thecaverns.net or Asclepius@thecaverns.net

Thank you for your attention, you may now return to your regularly scheduled program:)

2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I must say, having your work orated by Asclepius and the other folks at TheCaverns is quite rewarding and fun! Definitely do not miss out on this fantastic SOTA community service; they put a ton of time and effort into this project. Check out some of their streams, and you'll see what I'm saying. Top notch! A big thanks to TheCaverns for this perfect addition to the strong SOTA RP community!

4EverLost, Vyrin, Asclepius and 8 others like this.
  3. Selene

Selene Avatar

There is some great stuff over on RPOTA, maybe the authors over there could use a nudge to submit to the Caverns!

Asclepius, Mata, Jivalax Azon and 3 others like this.
  4. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hahah, you bet, Selene. In fact, Asclepius and I just got finished coordinating the creation of a wonderful collaboration tool. You'll notice that if you go to "My TheCaverns Projects", you can simply submit your creations to folks at TheCaverns right from RPOTA :)

Then, on their site, they have an embedded RPOTA admin interface that helps them to process these requests :) And when they complete them? Your RPOTA content item automatically will display a link to TheCaverns.net, right where the oration was posted! Handy dandy stuff!

4EverLost, Vyrin, Asclepius and 6 others like this.
  5. Jivalax Azon

Jivalax Azon Avatar

I'd just like to throw in my 2 cents. Asclepius and Lord Baldrith are great to work with. Early on a couple of my short stories were put out and it was great to hear them voiced. If you are considering writing something for submission, absolutely do it! If you are not an experienced story teller (or just like to run things by others first) the forums provide some great creative feedback.

And that said, it has been over a year since I have penned anything for SotA, I should do another too. Asclepius, thanks for the information.

6. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

*COUGH* Credit where credit is due sir;) The vision and execution of this whole amazing project was yours alone! My total contribution was when you ran it past me and I said "wow - amazing idea - go for it!":D So I'm happy to take that much credit:)
    Thank you for all the tech work; I'm sure this collaboration will greatly benefit not only us but the whole SotA community! And yes, if it encourages more people to write more stories - and maybe submit them to us - the community will be richer!

7. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

A great idea @Phydra, we may find though that we have already captured many of them:D These books started as community compositions, we jumped on as many as we could find, and later on they turn up in game. It's a pretty cool feeling to be wandering along some mine or dungeon, find a bedroll or skeleton with book alongside, open the book and think - "wow, we did a podcast of that!!"
    We actually have 139 fan fiction stories in the library and 21 poetry podcasts; so there is probably a pretty good coverage:)
    One really spooky one I can remember seeing SOMEWHERE in Novia is The Smokehouse.
    And I will donate a $10 store credit to the first person who PMs me and can tell me where that book is!!!

8. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Most likely:) I have a feeling I saw it lying around the world somewhere though;)

Cordelayne likes this.
  9. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

The Smokehouse is one of my favorite in game books! I bought it off a public vendor in Ardoris and absolutely loved it. Plus @Solstar does such an awesome narration of the story, it's epic! :D

Solstar likes this.
  10. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

Thanks. I needed that today. :)

Oddjob2 and Cordelayne like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.