Calling All Town Owners!

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Violation Clauth, Aug 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Do you have a town in Shroud of the Avatar? Is it Player Run (in a game town) or Player Owned (in your town)? Doesn't matter! I'd like to hear your questions so I can have a preformatted run of questions for an upcoming hangout with the developers!

Submit your questions here and I'll do my best to get through them in a timely manner... I'll be doing a rapid fire approach to questions and answers so the more questions we get the more answers we'll have as a community.

Ready?
    Set?
    Go!

Questions I will be sure to ask:

Acquisition
    • In future releases there will be player owned town's available for purchase on the next expansions of the maps. Can those of us poor folk that would like to start a payment plan do that soon? - Roper Docholiday
    • How will you allow people to acquire new towns, or upgrade their current towns, in the future? What about in-game currency/cost systems? -AvatarAcid
    • You have said POTs will not be available offline... how will you address the spaces taken by POTs for Single Player Offline? -AvatarAcid

Design Related
    • Can we still get dev time to customize our towns? -Sir Frank
    • Can we submit our own customizations for our towns to devs? -Violation
    • Is the plan to make more static towns or convert towns to static at some point? -Sir Frank
    • How many templates of each type should we expect to be able to choose from before our towns are set in stone? -Sir Frank
    • Any thoughts on allowing POTs to have trainers? - Drocis
    • When will we see monsters and resources in POTs? - Violation
    • If all POTs get a crier/bank, will all PRTs and all NPC Towns get one as well? - Spoon
    • How will walls be handled in POTs? Many of us have requested walled towns or fortresses. Will Portalarium offer templates with walls, or will these be objects the POT owner places? Will it be possible for the POT owner to add objects to decorate these walls? What about light sources? There is currently a placeable light source limit by POT size, but towns like Owl’s Head have torches lighting every tower. Will these count towards the light limit? - MoriensSeeker
    • The limits for decoration for dynamic towns are extremely small. At town level, you have 80 items to possibly decorate and detail a 1km x 1km space. Will the developers reconsider this limit? - Kazyn/Wrath
    • Will we be able to buy and place more npcs and npc buildings through means other than upgrading the town level? - Kazyn/Wrath
    Mechanics / Systems
    • What do shrines and statues do? How many will there be? If this is all undecided, when will we know? - Drocis
    • Will players be able to change NPC buildings (including statues and shrines) on a whim, or will these be locked in or have a long cool down? - Drocis
    • Can you guys explain the banker/town crier update and why we went that way instead of pushing items to a nearby main city? - Many people, phrased by Violation
    • Can our POTs be sieged when they're not flagged for PVP? -Jacqueline
    • If I have a player owned town that is accessible only through another players town... and that player bans me from their town... what happens if /zone is removed from the game? Will I be able to get to my town? - Tazer
    • If I have a Tax-Free Lot Deed and choose to live in a PoT, will the owner of a PoT be able to charge me taxes? -Ember
    • Direct follow-up: For the security of residents and POT owners, will there be a lease/rent function added for lots/housing? -Blake Blackstone
    • Will the point of zone in be changeable in a dynamic PoT? - Stryker Sparhawk
    • Will a dynamic PoT owner be allowed to designate where the ankh placement is? Or the option for the cemetery to take over? - Stryker Sparhawk
    New Feature Requests:
    • Mechanics
      • View and edit my town permissions remotely (perhaps through the town's page in the user menu) - Kazyn / Wrath
      • Permissions for an entire guild instead of player by player - Kazyn / Wrath
      • Allowable home type filtering - Drocis
    • Decorations
      • A chaos shrine in the list of items for the npc buildings - ThurisazSheol
      • A ring of stones - ThurisazSheol
    • Other
      • Diversification of NPC Crafting Buildings/Stations - Kvow

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  2. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

Can I still get a couple of hours of a dev's time to tweak my town?

** The answer was that they still plan to do this, but it will be a while, they aren't sure how many hours it will be, and it will make your town a static town. **

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  3. Sir Frank

How many templates of each type should we expect to be able to choose from before our towns are set in stone?

** The answer was at least two. **

Solazur, mbomber, Violation and 4 others like this.
  4. Sir Frank

Will my town always be dynamic?

** The answer was that your town will remain dynamic unless you ask the devs to make tweaks to your template. At that point, it becomes static."

5. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Will templates scale to the size of the POT?

6. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

I don't own a POT and have run out of money for pixels ................ can the devs just give me one since I'm a nice guy?

7. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

1. What do shrines and statues do? How many will there be? If this is all undecided, when will we know?
    2. Will players be able to change NPC buildings (including statues and shrines) on a whim, or will these be locked in or have a long cool down?

8. Ember

Ember Avatar

If I have a Tax-Free Lot Deed and choose to live in a PoT, will the owner of a PoT be able to charge me taxes?

9. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Any thoughts on allowing POTs to have trainers?

Violation and mbomber like this.
  10. David J Thompson

David J Thompson Avatar

I want to know more about NPC buildings. How can we protect ourselves from being attacked? Is one guard tower enough?

Bonus Question. In my POT, how many RMP would be needed for a 1 inch spinning disk neutralizer to produce droplets 3 microns in diameter?

Violation likes this.
  11. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

My town will be snowy and hopefully filled with Ice lakes. Any word on fishing in towns and the possibility of ice fishing coming into the game?

12. Kitty2

Kitty2 Avatar

Since we are all being given a Town Crier/ Banker who cannot be "picked up" and hidden by potentially evil PoT Owners, will we at least be given the option of initial placement of the Town Crier?

(Currently using the HUGE PaxLair template for a Crossroads Village, it's quite a trek to get to the guy from where most of us have chosen to settle down!)

13. Kitty2

Kitty2 Avatar

And if not, can we have the option to "close off" the open section of the template with a fence or natural barrier to enclose the map, like in Kingsport with the wooden fence or Desolis with the rocky enclosure?

Violation and Duchess Wyldemane like this.
  14. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Will our towns be able to be attacked and destroyed by evil guys even if our town is is not a pvp area?

15. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

If I have a player owned town that is accessible only through another players town... and that player bans me from their town... what happens if /zone is removed from the game? Will I be able to get to my town?

16. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I want to say something but I think I better not.

Violation and mbomber like this.
  17. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

as a village owner, are there still plans on not allowing access to the whole 1KMx1KM space? what about the lost space inherent in an archipelago biome (when that becomes implemented)?

for those of us who want a sprawling, country-paced spread out pot: will the town size limitation simply be the number of plot markers provided to the pot owner, instead of geographic borders placed?

followup: if the pot owner wants lots placed closely together, can they receive the geographic border placements to actually make their accessable geography smaller?

will the web order form for the pots be revised to show accurate requests for assets with the recent changes announced about pots (flexible placement, etc)?

when the new biomes are about to be created, could those who want that type of specific biome be contacted with an open forum of ideas, so the devs can handle whats best for the biome as a whole once that open forum is closed?

18. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Can POTs have row lots that remain empty so that you can place a garden there instead of a row house?

19. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I believe it has been discussed (if not decided) that bans would (eventually) push you to a single-player online instance of a town rather than ban you from the scene entirely.

20. Tartness

Tartness Avatar

At any point in the future of the game series will you be able to purchase a Player Owned Town(not from another player) through strictly in game methods, or run one full of NPCs in Single Player Offline?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.