Calling All Town Owners!

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Violation Clauth, Aug 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

My rewording was go allow your question and another to be answered at the same time. I'll be sure the question you asked is answered and the one you didn't ask at the same time. The information you're asking comes from that answer doesn't it?

Also, I don't understand what a tweak is if it isn't a custom change. Please clarify that?

2. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

As I said, the first part of what you wrote makes it seem like I'm asking for time to lay out my town myself, and the second part makes it seem like I want an option to make my town static.
    They could answer that, "Take all the time you need, and we don't know if we can add an option to flip between static and dynamic on demand." And I would not get any useful answer.

A tweak is a custom change. For example, I want ruins piled where the town should be. I am not being given ruins to place, so I would need a dev to do that. I also might like the ground flattened in a particular spot. I can't do that myself either.

3. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Okay I understand. I'll do my best to word this right. Please hang in IRC if you can and I'll be sure to ask you if it was explained right and you got the answer to the question.

mbomber and Sir Frank like this.
  4. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Fishing! Will I be able to fish in my PoT? I guess it ties into your resource question, but it is about a specific resource. :)

mbomber, Solstar, E n v y and 3 others like this.
  5. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Don't know if this has been asked yet, I didn't read through the whole thing. Ha! Maybe I asked it. :)

But will POT Owners be able to exclude some housing options that do not fit with the desired theme? For example, what if I don't want people to have Adobe Row Houses in Rat's Nest? Or what if another town owner (let's say that lives in a land lock desert scene) doesn't want players putting Light Houses in the scene? I don't think POT owners should have to use the nuclear "ban" option to police this.

mbomber and Kvow like this.
  6. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

I would like to comment on the decoration limits.

I agree on POT sizes costing varied amounts based on size and along with that limitations on housing. I agree 100%. I think this is the only needed static limitation for POTs. The only other limitations should be based on game mechanics like lag because of too many items. Did a king of old on earth grant a noble who bought into nobility (like us) say to the noble "You shall have 100 parcels of land but you can only have 5 street lamps or only 1 shop owner."? No. The self bought noble (us) was able to have whatever he could afford to buy with money that he made. His limitation was the land he was granted (bought) and by that size of land you can have only so many houses and fields and such. Other than that the sky was the limit. The same should be with us (IMHO).

Blessing Statues... This I can see as an item that has a limitation based on the purchase price of the town. Something that truly denotes the money spent by the player. This is a limitation item not a upgradeable item.

NPC buildings I agree with as a starter at purchase AND when the game goes live for us the players (At least when the full wipes are done anyway).
    It would seem to me that as a town gets older we could somehow buy more NPC buildings. However this is not a deal breaker for me since we have Vendors to use and can place crafting stations for the public to use (hopefully). It just seems logical that as Avatars who adventure and collect hordes and hordes of treasure we would be able to actually buy the things we need or want. Please don't hold us back from building our towns up.

Decoration limits.... The amount as it stands right now is too small. Why is there a limit on decorations at all (besides lag)? I have stated above my thoughts on NPC's. However 20 Decos and 5 street lamps for a hold fast? I can place many more decorations and lights on a small home.

I do recall Starr saying these limitation are to differentiate between the towns classifications but I would implore to the Devs that the only limitations need be the town size and amount of lots in that area and blessing statues. These things are the most important that the money paid can represent as a specialty item. All other items to me are considered kinda mundane and buy-able or earnable.

To limit any more would over time hold back any hard working players from advancing his or her POT.

7. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Here is a clarification question.
    It was stated sometime back that now only Royal Founders and Founders will be able to have water lots.

Does this mean that the tax free deed or two tax free deeds that we have are the only deeds that can be used to place homes on water lots or does this mean that the royal founder or founder account itself can place as many water lot homes as we would like within the current game limitations? So for me as a POT owner I can have as many lots as I wish in my POT so can I place as many water lot homes as I want?

Kvow and Duchess Wyldemane like this.
  8. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

That question is answered by Darkstarr here : https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...and-more-pirat-stuff.21380/page-3#post-317835

9. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

I broke it off into two parts now and clarified what information I wanted from the question to answer both yours and the other question. This will help be sure both questions are answered separately. Does it read correctly now?

mbomber and Kvow like this.
  10. Sir Frank

Close enough.

11. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Will the land not assigned a lot size by a POT owner be able to add lots after game launch so that the town will grow or should the lots be laid and just not used for the further town growth?

12. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Thanks guys, I will get as many questions in for the Q&A portion of this time from this thread. I hope you guys get the answers you're looking for! :D

13. Tartness

Tartness Avatar

Thanks to you for putting this together and seeking them!

14. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

I agree 100% - thanks Violation for doing this! But I don't see my question on the list.

mbomber likes this.
  15. TEK

TEK Legend of the Hearth

QUESTION:As with guild crafting projects you mentioned previously, have you consider town based crafting projects?

Numa, mbomber and Kvow like this.
  16. BlueStarfire

BlueStarfire Avatar

When universal item placement is introduced will town owners be able to select the limitations on it within their town?

17. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Can someone with lot permissions set down a chest that only they can access? For a public town crafting center on a lot with a library of personal chests full of crafting gear in the basement belonging to 50 different people.

Unlimited vendors on lots in POTs

18. Sir Frank

@Violation Thank you for asking my questions. I have all the info I need, and tough choices ahead.

mbomber likes this.
  19. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

You bet, hopefully I got the information you wanted :)

mbomber likes this.
  20. David J Thompson

David J Thompson Avatar

This is so important. It will really make each POT have its own feel. Besides someone might want to make a sunny southern Rat's Maze with only Adobe Row Houses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.