Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Camera not playing nice.

Discussion in 'Release 30 Dev+' started by KuBaTRiZeS, May 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Womby

Womby Avatar

Yes. Also the video above was recorded in cursor mode.

2. himmelweiss

himmelweiss Avatar

Sorry but the new camera system is just wrong and for sure not better than what we had in R29 (and i am not talking about the collision issues).
    Not only is it totally distracting having your character on the left side, it is also very disorienting.
    I will never get used to it and i will never like it. And my wife btw., omg! she will totally hate it and definetly quit playing!
    I play games (mostly RPGs/MMOs) since over 2 decades now, and not once i had to deal with such an camera to the right shoulder thing.

Sorry Chris, it is and feels just wrong.

If you want even more bad reviews/votes, keep it guess.
    You don't have to be a genious to know that the majority won't like this kind of camera control for an RPG/MMO.

I'm just not really sure what else to say.
    I and the majority of the playerbase will be shocked if we are being forced to such an camera shoulder zoom system.

In no way i like to write like that to you DEVs, but this "camera change" is something i really can't ignore.

I am an programmer since over 2 decades (yes i started playing stuff and programming 2 decades ago :p) as well btw. and i just don't understand the decision behind it.
    If it was optional, good, ok, cool for thoose who like. But apparently it is not.
    And i understand that it is not that easy to make it optional.
    I have played arround with Unity, Photon, Camera Controls (coding a good colission system for a camera can be quite hard), Character Controls and so on using C# a lot as well.
    So i know a little bit about this and that and coding 2 different camera systems can be difficult and hard to maintain.

But in such an case i would rather go with the majority, and this will be definetly the R29 camera system.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  3. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

4. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Im really sorry but, im not a fan of the over the shoulder camera at all. Collision issues or not, i hate over the shoulder, fml.
    I hate to see yall back track too and waste work, but... sigh
    Throws the FOV to the right, i cant see as well to the left, makes me use my right eye alot.
    #noparrottview

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.