Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Can I please get into bed?

Discussion in 'Release 23 Feedback' started by Asclepius, Nov 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

Other than the obvious reason you'd get into a bed - I see no reason to go to my house or go to a bed to logout. The chance of having random virtue/dream state occurrences, offline skill xp pool gain, etc might give me a reason to go out of my way to sleep. I'd find a campfire and open up a bedroll, find an inn and pay to get a room (POT economy), or travel to my house and sleep in my bed.

Perhaps undead can give you soul fright or some other illnesses that can only be slept off.

2. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

Good point. As eating ingame (will) have benefits why shouldn’t sleeping have some too?
    Maybe you get while sleeping in a bed, in a tavern or next to a campfire a “rested” buff…every hour of sleeping you gain 15 minutes of this buff with a maximum of 120 minutes after 8 hours of sleeping. ;)
    But what could this buff do? Maybe reducing the fizzle chance or your avatar gains more experience, gold or skill points as he is more alert.

3. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Sleeping should advance time in offline mode!

4. Albus

Albus Avatar

I'm all for interactive beds as well, which could include a cuddling or spooning posture for two in a bed. More emotes in general (besides more interactives with furnishings, such as the guillotine :D) would be good too, when people are clustered around "sitting" it would be nice if not all were in the same posture, and same for laying down.

5. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

For some strange reason I'm all for spooning.

Womby, Moiseyev Trueden, Numa and 5 others like this.
  6. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

I love the idea of having 3 different laydown states, randomly occuring when you type /laydown.. so you never know which way you'll do it, but there's enough variation for it to look natural in a group setting. Perhaps just /laydown makes it random, or else you could say /layright /layleft /layback /layfront for specific positions.

speaking of 'usable items' -
    @all the script writers for animating character actions: There's a 'prop' in the game called 'stocks', it's been sitting in Owl's head since Release 2 I think. @RichardGarriott wants them to be functional! (Really looking forward to this in all sorts of roleplay options, but also for some form of functional in-game justice system. Can players/characters be caught by the guards and thrown into the stocks for a time period? It may be for crimes that deserve/require a degree of public humilation, since tax evaders are just thrown into the clink.. perhaps petty crimes like walking into guards too many times (not giving them their space), or showing up to town without properly peace-tying your weapons (putting them away).. or fighting in the streets??

PoTs need to be able to purchase these for use in their towns too.

Back to beds. The baron benefactor bed was built for the baron's mansion. Why shouldn't the baron's founder bed be built for the galleons? it's the water homes that differentiate founders from benefactors, so their founder equivalent decor items should be designed for these unique homes, shouldn't they?

As is, the huge canopy beds don't fit well in the ships at all; and rather than change the ships to fit the furniture (which has been happening) shouldn't the founder unique furniture be altered, to better suit their special housing?

7. Numa

Numa Avatar

A strong reason for getting into bed would be to rid yourself of extreme fatigue or a lingering illness. An example of the latter would be a variation of the zombie plague. Purify or a potion would remove the DOT (damage over time) but your HP and focus regen rate would remain at 50% normal - until you get some bedrest. Better beds would translate to faster recovery.

And this is also one good reason why we need mounts. Bringing a seriously ill comrade from the battlefield to the safety of an inn will take some doing.

8. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Though hopefully we can setup camp if we have some bedrolls handy.. (though really I think just making a fire should be the requirement, then just a /laydown or /sit within proximity of the fire should get us the needed rest buff given time.)

Moiseyev Trueden and Numa like this.
  9. Numa

Numa Avatar

This works for me , just like in a Mud I used to play in. Maybe the fire will reduce the chances of a random encounter too

10. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yea, I think resting could also work with a fatigue mechanic like I suggested in my camp scenes thread, or at the very least a rest buff.

But, at any rate, I always thought going to sleep / going to camp to log out was a kind of gimmicky mechanic.

11. Malchor1

Malchor1 Avatar

Holding up and camping needs to be given love!

Miracle Dragon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.