Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Can not exit chat from quest NPC

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by hearsehauler, Mar 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hearsehauler

hearsehauler Avatar

3/2/2018 1:00 PM
    Title: Soltown Edwin leather helm
    Reproduction Rate: unknown
    Blocker? Yes (in so far as I could not exit the chat function when I wanted to).
    Details:Went to Edwin to check on the quest marker (make leather helm) I noticed in the compass. Entered and clicked on Edwin chat and exchange window opened. Edwin asked me for 12 cotton, I did not have any on me. I cancelled the exchange and clicked, goodbye in the chat window. The exchange window reopened, I could not move my character (I thought if I left the area I might be able to break the cycle), I cancelled the exchange (using the "cancel exchange" button), still could not move my character. Tried to click chat "goodbye" (still not being able to move) exchange window re-opened. This cycle went on for several minutes, then I got a message that Edwin will be leaving soon. After he left (during the process of generating this report) I discovered my character was able to move again.
    Steps to Reproduce: unknown
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4) System RAM: 16332
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 GPU RAM: 2016
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.743.Date.03.01.18
    Area: Novia_R1_City_Soltown
    Area Display Name: Soltown
    Loc: (-42.7, 27.2, 13.8)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfQ2l0eV9Tb2x0b3dufHwoLTQyLjczNSwgMjcuMTU3LCAxMy44NDgpfCgwLCAtMC42MjksIDAsIDAuNzc4KXwyODEuODk3fDkuNDQ4MjQ5fDEuMjU=

p.s. - by the time I was done with reporting the above issue, dawn had returned and Edwin was back. My avatar was sitting, I stood the avatar up, went outside, waited for the door to close. Went inside click Edwin again. This time was brought up so close to the wall it was blurry ( my character was a couple of steps away form Edwin when I clicked on him). Again character can not move using mouse or keyboard and clicking "cancel exchange" will close exchange window but can not move and clicking chat "goodbye" only reopens the exchange window. Eventually chat windows timed out and my character was able to move again.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

next time try to use "Esc" that should help to leave all conversations

3. rpgmaniac82

rpgmaniac82 Avatar

It's a known issue esc works like Rentier mentioned

4. hearsehauler

hearsehauler Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.