Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Can not pick "empty" on row home lot

Discussion in 'Release 30 Dev+' started by Retlaw, May 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

5/24/2016 6:27 AM
    Title: Can not pick "empty" on row home lot
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker? No
    Details: Can not pick "empty" on row home lot
    Steps to Reproduce: Click change house button, empty is no longer an option.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16349
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti GPU RAM: 1988
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.359.Date.05.23.16
    Area: Novia_R3_City_Brittany_Fields
    Loc: (63.3, 40.9, 381.0)

Leelu likes this.
  2. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

It is intentional that row lots can never be empty. I read once that it has to do with preventing lag. I've seen empty row lots, but it was always a bug. This means that a row lot is much less versatile than a village lot. On the positive side, row lot owners needn't be tempted to pay a lot of money for outdoor decorations in the add-on store :)

3. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

That is intended and was never an option.

Senash on Tour, send with
    Tapatalk on Windows Phone 930

Leelu likes this.
  4. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

Actually it was always an option. What you would get is the default 2 story row and plaster when empty was selected. Now that is not possible, and thus a bug.

Katrina Bekers likes this.
  5. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I won't doubt you if you say this worked at some time, but the behavior that I am familiar with is the following:

There is a default house on the row lot. If you claim the lot you can keep the default house. If you click the Change House button, you can select one of the house deeds you have in your inventory or keep the default one. There is no selection "Empty". If you select a house that you have in your inventory and confirm by clicking the Accept button, there is no going back to the default house. When you click on the Change House button again, there is still no option Empty and there is also no option for the default house. You can only change the house to another house you have in your inventory. The only way to get the default house back is to unclaim the lot and claim it again.

I just claimed a row lot in Ardoris in R29 and tested this, and the behavior was as I described.

6. Selene

Selene Avatar

I seem to remember it working as Kara outlined a few releases ago as well. If this is a change from some previous ability to revert to default, it's been gone a while.

Sean Silverfoot and Kara Brae like this.
  7. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

As Kara described is how our intended design has been for quite some time. It is by design that we do not wish to have empty row lots within our cities. We included the tech that would allow players that purchase row lots to have the initial generic row house in lieu of an empty lot. The moment that the house is changed, empty and default are no longer an option. A workaround if you are eager to restore the old original property would be to unclaim and reclaim the lot, which would restore it to its original default row state.

Thanks for reporting.

Kara Brae likes this.
  8. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

@Attenwood thanks for the reply.

I know 100% it won't be and empty lot, it never has been. However, R29 and all previous I can switch back to "empty" and get the default house back, which is part of the row lot purchase according to the add-on store.

"Row lots are located in almost every village, town, and city across New Britannia. The Row Property Deed in the Add-On Store measures 10 x 15 meters and includes the Wood & Plaster 2-Story Row House, shown here next to an empty row lot (actual in-game row lots will never be empty but will have a placeholder row house on it until claimed)."

So obviously in R30 you have removed the "empty" selection from the list so players don't get confused, thats cool but any reason you couldn't just have an option of "default" so we can use the included house without having to risk loosing the spot with the unclaim/claim process?

Thanks in advance.

9. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

Something to add, all my Row lot testing has always been in a PoT. This is the first time I tried in a NPC town so maybe that is the difference and I just never noticed? In which case I guess thats a totally different bug :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.