Can someone please point me to crafted dungeon info?

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Tahru, Jul 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
  2. oplek

oplek Avatar

My question is, will they do anything to push the dungeon system past being a tech demo?

• Will the quest NPCs ever become something beyond interactive sign posts, which can barely say "Hello, my name is" before running out of characters?
    • Will there ever be stats tracking, timed runs?
    • Will there ever be a leaderboard?
    • Will there ever be a system for looking up dungeons, with preview, info, etc?
    • Will the extra BS like using COTOs to make a random encounter room into an actual random encounter room, be removed?
    • Will is stop being P2W? Will they add in additional crafted tilesets?
    • Will they move away from less-granular gigantic static rooms that will look like everyone else's copy of that room, and more towards more-granular constructible rooms?
    • Will they add in actual mechanisms, like triggers, (more) traps, events, SFX and special effects?
    • Will dungeons ever be anything than being lesser redundant with BOTH basements AND adventure zones, while being internally inconsistent with the game at large?
    Answer: it stopped being a cash cow, so no.

3. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Will players have patience, or do they know of a river of development funding that can program all this stuff immediately?
    [​IMG]
    I think the answer is "no" :p I want it all and I want it all now!

4. oplek

oplek Avatar

Here's a review I left almost 3 years ago, with the issues largely unresolved. This isn't a waiting issue. This is an issue of them starting projects that they don't complete....which further degrades their ability to finish previously started projects.

How long as we supposed to wait? Decades? Centuries? At the rate of progress they're making, the projection is more like trillions of years.

This game is a graveyard of half-complete mechanics and systems. Funding isn't actually the issue. It's having a clear, achievable vision that they see through to the end. Maybe some of the existing systems should be axed in favor of focusing on the remaining core ones. That could include player dungeons.

But instead, they keep contriving new vehicles for monetization, only to abandon them once the revenue stream dries up. That's.... not a great way to develop a good game.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. oplek

oplek Avatar

Here's an idea: Make a good game, and make money. This used to be how it was done.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Owsley

Owsley Bug Hunter

The dungeon guide you found is the best place to start. I have designed six dungeons and find it’s best to work your idea out on graph paper. You’ll want to make every point count.

Information about some of my dungeons can be found in this thread

Contact me in game if you have any questions or would like a tour.

Tahru and Time Lord like this.
  7. Owsley

Owsley Bug Hunter

FYI COTOs are no longer used for upgrades. The cost of upgrading is one ancient essence.

Tahru and Time Lord like this.
  8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Our game is surviving and sort of thriving, which is the best any game can do. It is advancing though slowly.
    The only way to develop any game is money, money and even more money :D
    Or live within your budget without taking a second job o_O LOL
    My SOTA Wish List is long too! :D~TL~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.