Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Can we do something about loot drops?

Discussion in 'Release 55 Feedback' started by Shift, Jun 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Here's a few I had saved from last release.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. TaTa_Guardian

TaTa_Guardian Avatar

I agree with everything regarding loot in this game. It has to be the worst setup of questing and loot reward I have ever seen. no wonder there is a dying community. This game will never push high end results when it comes to an increase in community size. The direction seems to be just trying to cater to the die hard Sota backers and pvp players. I understand wanting to have a player controlled economy and high end crafting gear, but my gosh its pathetic the type of loot that drops. This game is literally a mind numbing xp grind and sell as much junk loot as possible to make enough money to afford a 200k chest piece. So after 4o hours of straight grinding in a rapid repawn zone you can afford a full set of good gear just to farm some more, because there isn't any real questing, or boss fights worth doing. This is a dying game... which is sad because it has potential. But you can truely see the Vampiric changes the Devs make to this game. They literally are just making enough changes to appease those that will still throw money at it. When are some real changes going to take place that inspire growth in the community. Like real quests, lootable gear, and mage classes that can do stuff.

sardon777 and Chatele like this.
  3. Nnebekim

Nnebekim Avatar

I am curious, Just did my first siege area since last update and loot on marksmen, wizards, and engineers is significantly different. Was there a change in the loot tables for sieges?

4. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Damn, you got a garlic AND gold?! I usually just get gold. :p

5. Rook Strife

Rook Strife Avatar

The best example of Mob and Loot done (almost) properly is the Ornery Reaper in North Midmaer Way

Zone in using the west exit of North Midmaer Way, it's a quick trip to fight some content that is reasonably fun / challenging / profitable.

You can do it on your way to somewhere else, or even stay and farm for a while since the respawn is decent.

The Reaper is a Mini-Boss with

1. Rare chance of high value item (Cowbell)
    2. Somewhat rare chance of dropping high quality component (Ashen Heartwood)
    3. Fair chance of dropping a few valuable crafting compontents (Sooty Bark, Pine Resin)
    4. Fair chance of dropping a few low quality crafting components (Maple/Pine Woods, Barks, Pecan Nuts, Some other stuff)

Other than the specific items themselves which put every aspiring lumberjack out of work,

The loot is fun, reasonable vs effort, useful for crafters, profitable for non-crafters, and has a small chance of dropping something really valuable.

Even if you don't get good drops you still leave with something you can stack up and accumulate to use/sell later.

Dermott, Mimner and Browncoat Jayson like this.
  6. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

I could see on boss/bosslike creatures that drop gold simply adding a 0 to the amount (250 instead of 25 gold). But overall I also agree with Rook Strife. I think the Devs are trying to balance loot out so that players are not simply finding the most efficient creature to farm and camping it endlessly. As such, compared to other games, the loot will seem a bit weak.

I would personally like to see Earth Elementals have something like a chance for Mandrake Root or certain Ores as a drop for one example.

Also, I'm still not sure if the "player sales to an NPC Vendor cycle into the world" thing is in yet either, or even if it's a viable thing to do.

However it's done, so long as the loot is somehow useful or makes logical sense, I'm fairly happy. A lot of crafting material drops works for me as a gold building model as it's easy to build up and sell a bunch for a nice influx of currency. "Vendor Trash Greys" like in other games would be dumb, but I understand the lower quality gear found on lower end enemies (specifically humanoid ones) as it makes sense that's what they would be using.

The only piece of equipment I have yet to find a worthwhile piece is a Belt. I know they are out there, but the ones I have seen have a drawback not worth the buff IMO or simply would be no help to my character build.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.