Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Cannot ALT-TAB to Desktop and Back Again

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Magnus Zarwaddim, Feb 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

1. Title: Cannot ALT-TAB to Desktop or back to SotA
    2. Reproduction Rate: Every time since R50
    3. Blocker? Yes, unable to get back into game by ALT-TAB'ing. The SotA cursor appears on the Desktop and I cannot interact with out icons or the Taskbar to select SotA and go back in.
    4. Details: Since R50 I have noticed that ALT-TAB'ing out of the game prevents me from interacting with the Windows desktop. Not sure if it is a Windows update (I believe there was one recently). I also installed Razer Synapse 3.0 (which is in beta), but I am not sure if that is the problem. I do not recall having this problem since I started playing SotA in May/June 2016. NOTE: I can use the Windows key to get to the Desktop, interact, and then click on SotA in the Taskbar to get back in the game with no problem - so for now this is a fix for me.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: ALT-TAB while in-game to get to Windows Desktop. SotA cursor still appears on Desktop. Cannot interact with other icons or the Taskbar. Continue trying to ALT-TAB to no avail. Other open windows will gain focus when I ALT-TAB to them, but I still cannot interact as the SotA cursor still appears.
    6. User Specs: AMD FX 9590 CPU. Two R-9 Fury GPU's in Crossfire mode (I run in Fullscreen). 32GB Ram. SotA on an SSD. Windows OS on another SSD. Both 250GB. Windows 10 Pro 10.0.16299.

2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I had something like this I alt+tabbed out, and did a few bits tried to alt+tab back and whole machine became unresponsive. But, it only happened after leaving it in background for a while and it hasnt happened since

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.