Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Cannot enter any online mode

Discussion in 'Release 32 Dev+' started by Vallo Frostbane, Jul 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Loading screen freezes.. and stays at 100%.

Singleplayer offline is fine. I am on a metered connection right now in Windows 10.

Daxxe Diggler likes this.
  2. languard

languard Avatar

I just froze with the same error for online. Scene loads to 100% then freezes.

Alexander likes this.
  3. Lockey2

Lockey2 Avatar

Mine did last night posted below.

4. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Same here for online mode. Loads to 100% then freezes.

5. languard

languard Avatar

Just did a reboot just and I'm still getting the error, though only in online mode. Offline goes straight in.

@Attenwood tagging you on this because it's kinda halting our ability to test right now ;)

Alexander likes this.
  6. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I have 2 accounts with Dev+ access.

One account (Avatar named Dexxe) I can log straight into Online mode no problems.

The other account (Avatar named Daxxe Diggler) I can log straight up to the 100% mark and then it sits there forever.

Not sure exactly why 1 account works but not the other, but I have tried logging both in with and without the launcher and it is definitely account related and not client related because Dexxe can log into Online mode either method and Daxxe Diggler cannot in either method.

Only thing I can think of that might cause this is that someone (Attenwood?) had raised all the skills to 100 on Daxxe Diggler and no changes were made to Dexxe. Oh, and the last time I logged out with Daxxe Diggler, I was carrying a bunch of crafting materials that I borrowed from Attenwood's public cache chest and I was severely encumbered. Perhaps the extra weight and/or the number of items in my inventory is the issue?

Anyway, hope this gets resolved soon because I wanted to test crafting again with the mats I had and I can't get to them with the other account.

7. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Well I told Attenwood to upgrade my skills as well ^^ Maybe that's the reason.

8. languard

languard Avatar

Can't be the reason. I never asked for any upgrades and my character has the issue. Currently re-downloading the client to see if that makes a difference. Maybe something got borked during the patch.

Alexander likes this.
  9. languard

languard Avatar

Confirmed it is character related. Reinstalled the client, no effect, still froze on 100%. Deleted my character and was able to get back in with a new character. Going to try and reproduce the freeze now.

Alexander likes this.
  10. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Just deleted my character and recreated a new one just to get into the game. There is definitely some bug associated with specific characters for some reason. Also, when doing the battle of highvale again, I could not get Samuel to follow me no matter what I said or did. On top of that, all items that I pulled out of the bank first time round I believe ended up back in my bank, but as 'unknown items'. Also, the floating water in Highvale. I truly hope a bug like this doesn't slip through into R32 :(

Edit: I think that I will just pass on playing QA until R32 is published. I'm already getting nervous about the number of bugs that I'm seeing with just persistence around the corner.

11. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Since deleting the characters, has this issue been able to be reproduced? Is anything still experiencing this issue?

@Alexander Your issues sound like networking issues, if NPCs and items aren't behaving as intended. Are you still observing this problem?

12. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Not networking issues. I basically had to delete my character in order to get into the QA server again. It is the same problem that several people had experienced in that the game would load to 100%, then freeze. For whatever reason, it seemed to be linked
    to only a small number of players and I haven't been able to reproduce this once I created a new character.

13. Attenwood

You are correct. The 100% issue is the same issue. All other issues described (noninteractive NPCs, bank items etc.) sound network related and are unrelated.

Alexander likes this.
  14. Attenwood

@Vallo @languard @Daxxe Diggler @Lockeydragon If possible, could you include as much information about what led up to this issue occurring. Was it after a crash, or when logging in for the first time? Could you all provide system specs? Were there any crash reports?

Any information that can be provided to assist us with identifying this issue would help immensely. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.