Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

can't complete Aerie vault key quest chain

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Graemalkyn, Apr 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graemalkyn

Graemalkyn Avatar

Talked to guard outside Aerie bank and got "lost key" quest. Found key in Little Xenos. Talked to guard and she said "not my key, talk to James." Talked to James and he said he traded key to someone living in East Longfall Wetland. Found elf, talked to elf, he says key is under rug, "Lumpy Rug" has green arrow over it.

No amount of clicking or using 'interact' key is moving this rug.

I watched a video by 'skeggy media' (player name "scar face <Lunar Dragons>") where he just waltzed into the cabin, clicked on the rug, and it slid aside and revealed the key. There was no elf NPC present, so he did not interact with one, and the video was posted on Jan 16, 2018.

Tried talking to elf (Premislaus) again and turning all convo prompts grey. Tried exiting and re-entering the zone. Tried logging out / exiting game. Tried standing in different spots on the rug. Tried not standing on the rug. I took the 'Bank of Aerie plans' off the table. Even my compass is like, "IT'S JUST RIGHT THERE!" Nothing changes. Green arrow over "Lumpy Rug" but it's NOT moving.

I'm on an iMac.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.