Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

CAN'T GET GOLD FROM OTHER TOWN BANKERS

Discussion in 'Release 25 Feedback Forum' started by scarar, Jan 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scarar

scarar Avatar

I couldn't get my gold out or in when I'm in another town. Why aren't POT non-POT Banks linked together so we can access our items and gold from all bankers rather than going to that bank to get it bank?

2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Because we're going to have regional economies. So that you can't just put everything in your bank and teleport it to another region on the map.

4EverLost likes this.
  3. agra

agra Avatar

Yet another reason not to have a house in a PoT, if working as intended. :oops::confused:o_O

Dorham Isycle likes this.
  4. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

Ye Olde ATM? :D

It makes sense to have where you could ask to have gold transported from one bank to another, but at the cost of time and potentially highwaymen? :D

5. Drocis the Devious

All of the banks work this way. If you put something in Owl's Head, you can't get it in Kingsport.

If you use a public vendor to sell something in Ardoris, you can't get the gold in another bank (POT or NPC).

I hope the developers keep it just like this and don't cave in and give players a way to telport gold or items. There's really no way to make this something that won't ruin the regional economy without making the price and time so high that players will very rarely use that service.

Womby, Raven Noir, Alexander and 6 others like this.
  6. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

yup working as intended

Tahru and GreyMouser2 like this.
  7. scarar

scarar Avatar

I think this should change because, I don't want to travel all the way to the bank where I put something in; if I'm on the far end of the map.
    Or have an option to buy access to that bank if in an emergency, a adventure works hard to get from point A to B and
    needs resources from the bank I'm at.
    Can we come up with something better, please?

8. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

I've always thought the plan to have regional banking to be completely at odds with the global bank limits (and the ridiculously low number of bank slots for lower tier players). But I don't see any of it changing.

Fox Cunning and Xandra7 like this.
  9. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Just curious, why do we need to put gold in the bank?

Budner likes this.
  10. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

They do have PvP and control zones where you are likely to risk life, limb, and purse traveling :D

11. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I don't believe you can 'put' gold into the bank, rather that's where the gold goes that is yours from a purchased item you placed on sale at a vendor...

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
    4EverLost and GreyMouser2 like this.
  12. Drocis the Devious

Gold is only placed in the bank (currently) when you sell something at a vendor.

Gold is never looted or removed in pvp zones. I think both of these things should change and gold should be allowed to be placed in banks (I also think it should have some weight). I'd like to see it looted and removed by a successful pickpocketing as well.

Fox Cunning and GreyMouser2 like this.
  13. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

So, like the mage costs in the control points? Make them high enough that the average player won't pay, but go get their stuff themselves.

14. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I do like the idea of regional banking for gold (not items) but would like it to be actually regional rather than town-specific.

15. Drocis the Devious

I think if we do that we're hurting the average player and giving a large guild or rich player an advantage.

If everyone has to travel, then everyone is on the same playing field. It allows the poor player or the player with less time to compete with other players they normally would not be able to compete with at all. It doesn't mean that large guilds and rich players still don't have an advantage, they probably do. It just means that on a mirco level, all players have the same ability or chance to be successful.

It also preserves the regional economy which is the point of the whole thing. If we introduce some kind of "service" that allows players to buy their way out of the travel, then we're really just creating a new operating cost that larger guilds or rich players will work into their overall budget. For example if it takes 1000 gold to successfully move 10 castle walls from Ardoris to Rats Nest. Then you just charge the people of Rats Nest an extra 1000 gold and avoid the travel time and any risk associated with moving castle walls to Rats Nest. That's not what the regional economy is supposed to be about.

4EverLost and Fister Magee like this.
  16. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Travel on the overland map is fairly quick. You can travel between any 2 towns in less than 10 minutes. That's if you are going from one corner of the map to the opposite corner. Most cases, it takes less than 5 minutes to get from your current scene to whichever you want to go to.

Keeping economies regional is a key concept of the developers' dream for this game, so I highly doubt they will unify the bank system.

During the Telethon, they did mention a possibility of paying (gold) to have something "delivered" to you at some point later on. But that wasn't a definite and I think they were talking about making it a per item cost... not a "pay to access another towns bank contents".

So if you don't like carrying your stuff around, then I'd highly suggest looking for a centrally located town to settle in so that your travel time will always be short.

17. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Old debate, but for the love of all that is holy let us either have weightless gold or at least not be restricted from withdrawing it from any bank we visit.

Xandra7 and Dorham Isycle like this.
  18. Drocis the Devious

I think if gold had weight and could be deposited (and risked in pvp), then it would make a lot of sense to allow it to be transferred between banks as paper notes.

Fox Cunning and Budner like this.
  19. Phydra

Phydra Avatar

Personally, I think you SHOULD be allowed to "access" your gold anywhere, BUT to keep in alignment with the notion of realism, it should be an extended credit on the bank's part and come with a % fee for the amount being withdrawn (interest) that (from the perspective of world story) is then settled at leisure between the regional banks themselves. This could actually add to realism as well as open up an entire series of potential quest and conflict lines for the world and for players; not to mention provide a base from which later extension of concept could support world events like regional or town collapse, recession, depression, siege, etc.

20. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Realistically, that is not how banks work. If your bank works like this, you might want to switch banks, and call the regulatory authorities while you're at it.;)

We have to worry about things like banking fees in RL, let's not introduce those burdens into SOTA. Shall we also have to pay taxes on our income? Because that would be realistic. But it would suck.

agra, Elwyn, 4EverLost and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.