Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Cant get Libris Vault page

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by epicooger, Jan 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. epicooger

epicooger Avatar

01/06/2020 21:45
    Title:
    Libris Vault
    Reproduction Rate:
    NA
    Blocker?
    Yes
    Details:
    I went in there with a party member and he got the page and I didn't, then I tried leaving and going back and still didn't get the page, List Rostov stop off and tried helping me and noted stuff.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    No Idea.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor (16) System RAM: 32704
    GPU: Radeon RX 580 Series GPU RAM: 8137
    SotA.Win.64.1100.Date.01.02.20
    Area: Novia_R9_Underground03_01
    Area Display Name: Libris Vault
    Loc: (21.7, 9.2, 31.2)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjlfVW5kZXJncm91bmQwM18wMXx8KDIxLjc0MiwgOS4xNSwgMzEuMjE2KXwoMCwgLTAuOTc5LCAwLCAwLjIwNCl8LTE4Ni40OTg5fDIyLjIyNjE1fDEuMjU=

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report! Issue #66231

Anpu likes this.
  3. Sannio

epicooger, that page can only be collected if you are on a specific stage of the main quest. Have you spoken with the Oracle in Central Brittany's Oracle Temple? Note that the temple is a separate scene and not to be confused with a typical confirmatory. If you can enter that Oracle Temple scene, have you spoken with the Oracle? Also...

Enter to the Oracle Temple in Central Brittany. It's next to the castle. Talk to the Oracle and say "not yet done" to her. If you can say this to her and she responds with "You will also need the Obsidian Eyes to read what is on the pages..." (and some other things), you'll be on the right stage for the quest and can now collect the Libris page. However, if you aren't able to enter the Oracle Temple or she doesn't reply with "You will also need the Obsidian Eyes to read what is on the pages..." then you're not on the quest stage where you can collect those pages.

4. Gravidy

Gravidy Avatar

Sannio, I have been playing through the quests with Ooger (and we co-stream this together on Monday nights), so I have a pretty good handle on where he's at. Also, I don't know if he pays a lot of attention to the forums, so I will answer as best I can...

I made a short clip from his stream, which might help: https://clips.twitch.tv/PeppyTardyPotKappaRoss

He does have the quest "Find the Page of Malfeasance". In the clip, you can see it as the top most task in the task list.

Just to reiterate what we did...
    • we went into Libris Vault in a group
    • Ooger was the group leader
    • I saw the chest as the "glowing blue" quest item
    • Ooger did not see the chest "glowing blue"
    • Ooger actually looted it first (the first time), but only got loot, no page
    • I then looted it, and got the page
    • We tried leaving and returning the scene, but that didn't help
    • We broke up the party and Ooger left and returned by himself to try again
    • List came and "re-instanced" Ooger and he tried again
    • No joy :(
    The next time we play, we could certainly try your advice in the spoiler section, to see if that fixes it.

Thanks!

Anpu likes this.
  5. Sannio

Thanks for all the details, @Gravidy !

I have another question: Do you know if @epicooger Has been able to collect any other quest page? For example, the pages in Rhun Ruins of Midris Ruins.

Anpu likes this.
  6. Gravidy

Gravidy Avatar

We have not even attempted any other page yet, as we have not had the opportunity to do so.

This is a weekly thing for us, so we won't be trying again until next Monday (the 13th). I was planning on trying a different page first thing, to see if we still ran into issues.

Sorry we can't do this sooner, but this series of streams is a weekly thing that we do on schedule. (as an aside: being able to stream group content like this is fantastic. The more you can make group questing work, the more fun we have.)

Anpu likes this.
  7. Sannio

No rush. The additional information will be helpful but sticking with your schedule is important to your viewers! I'll take another look whenever the extra info is ready. :)

Gravidy and Anpu like this.
  8. Gravidy

Gravidy Avatar

Some more details to add to this ticket...

First, we were able to fix the problem, although, it was a bit confusing to do so. Here's what we did...
    • we started by trying to get the page in the Brittany Castle (since it was easy), I could get the page, but Ooger could not
    • note that Ooger definitely had the quests in his log to get the pages, so it appeared that he should be able to get them
    • we broke up the party, and got him to talk to the Oracle again
    • he used the term you suggested above: "not yet done" ... I did the same thing, and we both got the exact same response from her
    • we tried a few other keywords (and kept getting the same response)
    • we returned to the Brittany Castle and everything was fixed (confirmed as we went from vault-to-vault and both of us got all the pages last night, without breaking party)
    So, here's my speculation... I'm very certain that the first time the two of us talked to the Oracle to get her to advance us to the Pages+Lenses quests we were grouped. I suspect that I was the party leader. While both of us got the quests, something happened to Ooger to give him the quests, but not actually make him eligible for them.

Hopefully some of this info helps! At the very least, Ooger's specific issue is cleared up.

Also, a tangential note, we discovered last night that a player can get locked into the "secret" room in the Brittany Castle. I.e., eventually the wall returns, and if you are inside, there's no way out* unless you happen to have an instrument. I'd suggest putting a standing-harp inside that room, because at this point, people should have the sheet-music, and they can get out that way (luckily, Ooger had a lute in his inventory, so we were able to escape).

*obviously, a teleport scroll, or just logging out and back in "to world map" would do it, but you can't simply walk out of the room

Anpu likes this.
  9. Sannio

Thanks, @Gravidy. Added new info to issue #66231

It feels like epicooger doesn't have the quest flag required to get any of the pages. (One flag is used for all pages.) I'm not sure how this can happen while also getting the quest, but I'll keep poking around.

Does anyone know if other players that are teamed up are having the same issues, or is the error exclusive to epicooger?

Anpu likes this.
  10. Gravidy

Gravidy Avatar

There are only two of us in the group, and only Ooger had the issue.

NOTE IF YOU ARE LOOKING AT ACCOUNTS: I am not playing a character on the account associated with this forum account. I am playing a character on a separate account, the character name is Glythe Gravin. (I did this because my main account is really old, has lots of backer perks, and I wanted to experience what it was like to play a new "free-to-play" account.)

11. Sannio

I just added a special teleport volume within the room which is active only while the door is closed. Once the door re-closes, the teleporter activates and kicks players to a point just outside the room. It'll be in with an upcoming update.

I'm still looking into this, but it might be a good idea for me to pop into epicooger's account. If it's not an obvious name, what's the name of the character he was using?

Anpu likes this.
  12. Gravidy

Gravidy Avatar

His character name is Ooger Booger.

13. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

this is odd, because it had been fixed previously by putting a lute and a piece of sheet music in the quest chest itself.

14. Sannio

You know what? I just checked the chest and the lute and sheet music are there as you say. I'll leave in the teleporter tho. Some people (such as myself, apparently) may not consider there's a means to exit within the chest. This might be especially true for someone who never opened the door but was somehow able to enter that room.

Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  15. Gravidy

Gravidy Avatar

Hehe, perfect! Of course, I was in that room long after I picked up the page, so I may not have even looked in the chest! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.