Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Can't get Samael to join party, if you get the disguise

Discussion in 'Release 28 Bug Forum' started by jiirc, Apr 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

1.Title: Can't get Samuel to join party, if you get the disguise
    2.Reproduction Rate: 1005
    3.Blocker? For getting into Malice, yes
    4.Details: I was trying to get into Malice. So I went to Spite and headed to the Keg and Egg.There I spoke to Agathon and bought the disguise. In the text it says talk to Samuel. So I went to talk with him. He told me that he'd meet me at the undertaker's wagon outside of town. I'm assuming that's inside the Shores of Malice scene as there is an undertaker's wagon there. (BTW there's a Developer Note that is part of the journal entry. Before leaving I spoke with the undertaker. The undertaker told me that I needed a disguise before I could get smuggled in. The makeup disguise should work ok, I hope; after all Thetis won't bind me and Samuel together in the soul gem since I bought the disguise instead. I went over to Malice, using the ferryman. I headed to the undertaker and talked to him. Samuel is nowhere to be seen. I talked to the undertake Yama and he tells me that I need a spirit talker. Arggh!!!
    5.Steps to Reproduce:
    - Talk to Agathon and buy the disguise (get a journal entry)
    - Talk to Samael about the undertaker's wagon (get the journal entry)
    - Talk to the undertaker (and get the journal entry)
    - head to Malice (via the ferryman)
    - talk to the undertaker (no Samael)
    - the undertaker says, you need a spirit-taker
    6.User Specs: 397

2. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

As intended. Samael does not join you outside of Malice. If you ask Yama he should explain that he went in ahead of you and did not wait for you. You meet him later in the dungeon.

3. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Yama didn't explain that to me. :(

I went into Malice through the front door, Samael wasn't waiting for me inside (unless he's past the gate that I couldn't get past because it wanted a key). Who's got the key?

4. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Yama will explain that if you ask about Samael, he will also volunteer that Samael went on ahead as part of giving you the key you did not get. Without the key, you can only enter the opening caves.

5. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I did this portion of the quest line yesterday @Lum, and although Yama gave me the key, the key didn't work on the gate inside the main entrance.

Luckily, there was a ladder on the other side that allowed me to get passed it in an unconventional way. But the key did not unlock the gate.

And if I wasn't such an avid miner in Etceter, I might not have figured out how to get past the forcefield at the end there. :p The clues aren't very straightforward, but when I saw the names of some of the notes I knew instantly what I had to do.

6. Sinclair

Sinclair Avatar

If Yama is the undertaker near the entrance: I've got the key, but as i stand in front of the door i had no clue how to open the door. Tried to find a lock to use the key, but don't found anything and had no clue how to get the door open.

7. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Same here. The gate turns green with the mouseover, but does not unlock.

Take a look at the ladder on the other side of the gate and get creative. ;)

Abercrombie_McCloud and Sinclair like this.
  8. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Yup got the key, door doesn't work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.