can't not loot

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by scroda, Jun 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scroda

scroda Empyrean Enforcer

-----
    this is not feedback, this is a bug that is preventing someone from playing the game and potentially turning others away from playing.
    ------
    06/22/2020 00:30
    Title: can't not loot in a party
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? yes
    Details: i can't play the game due to not being able to have the option of having my game client automatically decide to roll or pass on loot based on value of loot. the thing currently adds a 20 second timer to each item that is dropped and then resets after each 20 second interval which adds up to ass.
    Steps to Reproduce: try to not loot in a party

forgot to mention that the lack of ability to automatically separate your loot gained from your main inventory space reduces the desire to loot more so than the bug above. however the bug above prevents me from playing due to my existence disallowing people from looting.
    -----
    this is not feedback, this is a bug that is preventing someone from playing the game and potentially turning others away from playing.

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I understand where you're coming from but here are some things to help alleviate the issue:
    • Turn on auto roll for loot in the options.
    • Wear a backpack or quiver or have a locked bag in your inventory where you keep all your stuff.
    • Let loot collect in your main inventory (which should be empty to start) and sell or delete it all when your done.

3. scroda

scroda Empyrean Enforcer

good alternatives to cover some play styles. some people probably don't enjoy the tedium of selling items underneath a certain threshold though, however, imo.

also something to consider is the 'you might not have noticed, but your brain did' scenario.

4. scroda

scroda Empyrean Enforcer

RG told me one of the lessons he learned was that you shouldn't force people to play your game a certain way. so uhm.... sorta confused rn

5. scroda

scroda Empyrean Enforcer

6. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Non the less, this is not a bug, it is as designed. Moving back to feedback and tagging the Community Manager for Wishlist input.

@Elgarion

7. scroda

scroda Empyrean Enforcer

saddened disappointment towards the intentioned design that allowed the invisible enemy to spawn into existence

8. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I think I understand your perspective, but this last comment here doesn't add much to your argument/wish/feedback.
    I respectfully suggest you speak more to "specifics" rather than allusions, if you wish us to understand your dilemma.

9. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

no thx

10. Katu

Katu Avatar

Asking for RG's opinions about this game, is a sign that you might not understand the games state :D
    He does not hang out here, nor does he have any other job here, than maybe "consulting" very rarely if ever.

Lord British was last seen:
    Mar 20, 2020

11. Net

Net Avatar

I agree, I do not really want to spend large chunk of my gameplay selling rusty swords nor salvaging them...
    Option to automatically decline all junk under x gold would be greatly appreciated. And other party members who actually have time to sell those items would benefit from it.

12. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

You could bulk delete them too.

Sole likes this.
  13. Micmatty

Micmatty Avatar

This is where I want addons like in WoW the junk seller addons are amazing just click a button and it auto sells all stuff you have listed as junk to the npc vendors.

14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I don't understand how anyone spends a "large chunk" of their gaming time selling junk loot to NPC merchants. You literally click the first item, hold shift and click the last item then drag the lot to the NPC's window and click Sign for Exchange. The whole process takes me less than 5 seconds.

Sole, Cyin, Anpu and 1 other person like this.
  15. Net

Net Avatar

Well, if you do that you will sell the valuable loot as well. So you first need to find the valuables in all the junk... and you have to visit the vendor. That is usually extra scene visit. And it may be 5 seconds for one party run, but it is way more when you have 10k rusty swords in 40 trunks:p
    I do not enjoy selling junk to NPCs, so I am not sure why it is an issue if I want the junk to be distributed to those party members who will be happy for the extra coin they get from the sale, since they are already visiting NPCs and selling their junk.

16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I guess it boils down to "what is junk?". Maybe someone could make a Lua script that allows you to "mark" a type of item as junk and then it gets auto-deleted anytime it appears in your pack?

[edit] I'll look into this.
    [edit2] Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible through Lua. While there's a way to enumerate the contents of your inventory, I don't see any way to move an item to a container (preferred) or delete an item.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  17. Net

Net Avatar

Err, I would be cautious about that as some really valuable items have 0 value;)
    Anyway, most of the time, junk for me is heavy stuff with low value. I do not want to be encumbered, so the looted swords and armour and other heavy gear I hate the most. Also the value in inventory is a lie, because the broken pieces sell for way less than you would think. And some crafted gear is low value but very desirable as well.
    Also deleting items makes the whole party lose gold, I do not like that.

Anyway, currently I give my junk to friend's chest in exchange for reagents. Would simplify things if weak characters who cannot carry much were able to not loot and be able to play longer without getting encumbered while the whole party got all the looted gear they can sell for gold so the whole group benefits. It really feels wrong to destroy the loot others are after. So I think it would be nice to have simple option of not looting, and really nice to have option to specify that I want valuable items just for the artifacts.

18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I wasn't even thinking about using the value. I was thinking about using the name (i.e. "Rusty Spoon") and having a list of item names that you would setup.
    Deleting (or moving) an item that's already in your inventory has no impact on the rest of the party.

Net likes this.
  19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I sent a PM to @Chris saying that if he adds methods to move an item to a sub-container and enumerate a sub-container then I'll happily create a Lua script to manage "junk" loot. He probably won't see it though.

20. Net

Net Avatar

It is the item we do not get to keep if I delete it. The whole party will be slightly poorer. It is a minimal impact, but someone could pay a rent for their home with that money. Now I have a tax-free lot and I try not to consume too many reagents so my cost of living is fairly low, but some people in my party have a more expensive lifestyle (and higher strength) so they would benefited from the extra rusty swords.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.