Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Can't turn in Brigid's Amulet of Testimony

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Tamsen, Feb 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tamsen

Tamsen Avatar

2/7/2018 6:33 PM
    Title: Can't turn in Brigid's Amulet of Testimony to Grannus
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Y
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce: Talk to Grannus after freeing Sir Patrick. Wait for him to ask for the amulet. Drag the amulet into the right-hand window of the dialog box. Wait for "Give Items" button to highlight, then press it. Amulet does not disappear, dialog box does not close. Assume you've already given it to him and what you have is merely a copy of the amulet. Click "Cancel" button but no response. Hit ESC but no response. I can't even use ESC to bring up the menu to log out.

I might have done some steps out of order. I might have missed some steps. I've had to revisit this quest many times because I couldn't find one NPC or other, or because I simply didn't know what to do and left it alone for months. Maybe I bugged the quest myself for a reason listed above. In any case, there should be a way to close a malfunctioning dialog box without having to log out of the game and back in. Especially if we want a good, bug-free NUE.

User Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor (8) System RAM: 16350
    GPU: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390 Series GPU RAM: 8168
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.728.Date.01.30.18
    Area: Novia_R10_Valhold_Palace/Step1
    Area Display Name: Valhold Palace
    Loc: (209.9, 32.0, 233.1)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjEwX1ZhbGhvbGRfUGFsYWNlfFN0ZXAxfCgyMDkuODk4LCAzMS45NTEsIDIzMy4xMDMpfCgwLCAwLjYwMiwgMCwgMC43OTgpfDc0LjI5NTM5fDExLjIxMjIyfDUuODA5OTk5

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Tamsen
    Agreed, getting stuck with the quest trade window open like that is no good.
    Have you been back and revisited this since you first reported it? Did the same behavior occur?
    I know several have had issues turning in quest items but I've been having a really hard time finding how to repro it.

Assume you've already given it to him and what you have is merely a copy of the amulet.

I admit, I'm a little confused at this part. Do you think the issue is with quest turns ins that you have maybe completed previously, perhaps a long time ago, yet it's still prompting you again? And that error is locking up the trade UI?

3. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

4. Owlbear

Owlbear Avatar

I've encountered the same bug - Linux 64 version logging in via steam. Speaking to Alberic after giving him the second piece of evidence on the vigilantes but before obtaining the manifesto triggered a give window that I couldn't close or fulfil. It followed me when I exited to Novia and when I rentered the scene.

Logging out clears the issue, but speaking to Alberic again (without making any further progress on finding the next time) brings it back up.

The issue cleared permanently when I obtained and gave Alberic the vigilante manifesto.

5. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Upon review of your account and character it looks like multiple quests had been started and partially completed very early in development. We have since added, polished, and remade many questlines. We created tools to attempt to surgically disentangle the knowledge flags that are obstructing your character's progress, but are unable to due to how rewards were previous delivered. The only way for your character to proceed is through use of the built-in quest reset feature that should be available from the frontend menu. This will clear knowledge for all quests and reset your character's flags to begin them anew.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Max Bennis and Rentier like this.
  6. Tamsen

Tamsen Avatar

7. Tamsen

Tamsen Avatar

@Attenwood I did not see an option to reset quests from the menu, either from within the game (the ESC menu, if you will) or from the external menu. We do have a quest reset option when we talk to the town criers. Is that what you meant? Thanks.

8. Max Bennis

Max Bennis Avatar

Quest reset option is only can be accessed before you enter the world. It's located as below;

Run application > Type for ID/Password
    > Resume / Start in World map / Log out / Delete Character selection box

In Resume / Start in World map / Log out / Delete Character selection box, you'll find a small cogwheel shaped button.
    That's one-time only quest reset option. Click that and your main/sub quests will be reset and all main quest items will be removed.

Hope that helped.

9. Tamsen

Tamsen Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.