Cap for Sieges removed explained it was a mistake, a fix for somthign else should not have hit siege

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Weins201, Feb 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Me too.

Brass Knuckles and Mishikal like this.
  2. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

Port... you really need to learn how to interact with all of us and express yourself instead of throwing new set up via release note and not explaining your point on it...

Love this game and want it to succeed but thing like this kills me. IMO and I know it's the one of ALL the one I play with... sad decision...

Bjorn Dyonisys

Brass Knuckles and Dhanas like this.
  3. Katu

Katu Avatar

(Edit: this is mostly for all, my post sidetracked a bit).

Would it change your opinion at all, if with cap, they could give richer loot? If they can be sure, that none can just run through a zone for the loot, they could offer better loot with higher drop chances. ( they have not said this, but I don't think its too far fetched ). @Chris ?

I don't want cap everywhere, but give me higher chance for loot and I'm in.

With current system, they can never balance loot, right? Some scenes, like UT require group effort for most players, but some can solo it, so how could they ever give good loot there?

Note, I would also go so far, that they implement scenes, that are absolute out of reach for players under 120 ( so min capped, not max) and scenes requiring grouo effort from 120+ players, with better loot and such ofc.

4. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Maybe Novia will be cap of 100 and new serpent lands will cap at 200...

5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

why do peope keep talkng abnout Loot and Resourcs, the oNLY issue that was ever brought up about Sieges, other than they make zero sense, is that they where "hijacked" after they where forced Multiplayer.

Any changes to loot like you mention are actually counter to the problem. Your ideas do nothing but make it easier for the higher level players to "farm" items and close the door harder on the mid / new player.

really you must be a Dev, in disguise.

BTW all caps do it actually make it MORE difficult for mid level players as they cannot just swith to a more skill specific deck caterd to whatever issues ther are.

Develppers still need to come on the forums ANYWHERE and explain thier reasoning on Skill caps,, ANYWHERE. PvP we can uderstand (somewhat).

6. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

To me this seems like a perfect solution to prevent extremely high level people from power farming a boss reward. It can create a more dynamic group content in zones and hopefully lead to Port being able to offer more rewarding loot.

Ancev likes this.
  7. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

I think part of grindy MMO situations is people sort of develop habits, and then what happens is they refine these habits into very efficient play-styles and they kind of take off like a snowball down a hill, and anything that upsets this sort of optimized flow-state really throws a wrench in the gears... and people freak out.

The key is adaptability, perseverance.. or maybe more ironically sacrifice, humility, courage... etc.

Humbert_Humbert likes this.
  8. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Yo, WTF is with people all over the internet going fucking bat **** nuts and demanding ****? I mean, seriously. It seems like ancient history to me to recall when people presented a problem/critique in any form other than an entitled demand for answer.

Sometimes I wonder if "bat **** nuts" is tied to anything or anyone in real life - like if that thing or person is having a bat **** nuts day, does everyone else have a bat **** nuts day; or do they feel entitled to have a bat **** nuts day; or do they feel left out and want to get in on the bat **** nuts shenanigans? Because if that is the case, which it seems (it's a theory I am postulating, at least), then the next couple of years are just going to get crazier and crazier. Today "I DEMAND YOU TELL ME NOW", tomorrow ???

If we are going to make willy-nilly demands, then I demand people take a Chill Pill (TM).

EDIT: The deleted word is the shortened vernacular/explicative for human excrement.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  9. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Hey, OP, if we apply this Army dichotomy to everything, does that make us a military dictatorship? Just saying.

Queue meme with the guy tapping his temple with that look in his eye.

10. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

Yea, I find myself doing this. Collect the daily XP, get XP for monster kills while gathering, then burn the XP on a Practice Dummy to raise a skill or three.

11. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

The reason i said that is because weins went in every single thread on the forum to say the same thing at the same time. You should take a chill pill ;)

12. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

I wasn't referring to your comment and asking that you take a Chill Pill, I was bouncing off your idea that he was posting relentlessly about that. Piggy-backing was my mistake. :)

13. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Ahhh, wasnt clear to me lol ;p

14. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Weins prefers to make sensational threads, they attract more readers and spark discussions. If he were to put something mild and low energy, we wouldn't be on 5th page or more by now.

Could anyone give me a quick tldr on why does the siege scenes need to be multiplayer only? The PvP and town scenes seem to be more justified, but sieges?? Does this play some role in level being capped as well?

Cordelayne likes this.
  15. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Hardly works anymore because people know him by now. That's why he took so "dramatic measures" this time.

16. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Well from my perspective, Sieges are still doable even with a cap so it really does not affect me. I still go in get my wood, my arcane's and kill the cabs. more of a challenge again that is for sure but still very doable just takes me a little more time :)

Xkhan and Vero like this.
  17. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

It was a design decision. When towns and such became forced multiplayer, a decision was made that the siege was tied to the town, ie. it should have the same design status as the town which is forced multiplayer. Because of the discussions on the forums the last few days, a decision was made to change their design status to be like encounters instead of being tied to towns. So their play status would no longer be forced multiplayer, like towns, but instead they would be forced closed meaning that only you or parties can enter them, like an encounter plays out.

What most people as asking for is their status to be like an adventure scene, where you can choose whether they are open to everyone or closed to singles and parties. But can they be classified as adventure scenes? Or do they play, and cognitivley act, more like encounters?

Jason_M and Dhanas like this.
  18. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

Not at all, I want more loot in a multiplayer only zone, or for being flagged PVP, cause you risk more in both the cases and have to share resources with others, but trading my time spent gaining xp with more loot, no I don't agree. Only fair thing is, if they decide to put cap in every zone, to give me back all my xp from lvl 100 to my actual level and allow me to use it in other characters.

To Go From Level 1 to 100 is 125,226,527 xp, since my actual xp is 555.550.000 xp, I have 430kk surplus xp, which means ( since I leveled up mostly without double xp) around 500 hours+ played just for gaining xp. I could do something else in that time, leveling up alts, do crafting or whatever, if I just knew before about hard caps.

Brass Knuckles and Vero like this.
  19. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I'm not so sure.

I've seen you around. You are very tough. High in Intelligence. However capping the adventure level. Wouldn't that affect the sota math and bring down your skills in defense/attack?

I understood adventure level impacted your abilities. No?

Mishikal likes this.
  20. Katu

Katu Avatar

Guess we just have to enjoy the nice loot we get now then. No mob can ever drop anything meaningfull, with this current system. No matter if these scene would be pvp or multi only, its going to be farmed by super high levels. And if someone can farm something, like gold or artifact, soon those mean nothing. You do agree on this?

If they now add new dungeon, aimed for a mid level players, say for levels 90 - 110. They offer chance for arties and nice pile of gold. Now, this is really tought place, even for 4 player team. They get nice reward for the effort after 30mins, but here comes 130 lvl and wipes it in 10min and restarts. So, drop the loot down, to prevent economy crash and here we are.

What other ways they have to even try to balance the game?
    ( again, I don't like the idea of capping, maybe as a option in some cases, I just don't know what else they can do)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.