Cap for Sieges removed explained it was a mistake, a fix for somthign else should not have hit siege

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Weins201, Feb 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

Atm is even worse cause super high level farm endless whatever they want in friend mode and no one can stop or interfere with them, the super high level can be stopped in multiplayer mode cause a group other player can go and compete with him.

2. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Well I guess it depends on what build I am using. for cabs most the time I am not using my mage deck. I have built a specific deck for bosses these days which is not mage based but does use some of my mage trees. lets just say I can solo pretty much every boss in the game which includes ancient dragons (which takes forever...) not that I want to solo those alone not worth the effort lol. On the mage side only certain cabs and an issue which is why I built my other deck because of magic proof bosses and mobs. The other reason for going that route had more to do with limitations for magic requiring focus, where melee and ranged have auto attacks which makes them technically better all round for dmg.

3. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

I agree with You, that many can farm the encounter/s & leave the rest of us to buy from them.
    Shroud needs some balancing somewhere, somehow... The Rich cannot only be the ones who get richer constantly, because the balancing is skewiff & pointed in the OP Players favour...
    How to make the OP Players happy & stay & play?
    I have no idea & it's really up to the Devs to figure that part out....

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    Antrax Artek, sotasota4 and Dhanas like this.
  4. sotasota4

sotasota4 Avatar

tuning down resources and experiece points in private cause powerfarmer have already the big advantage to have the entire scene just for them while players in open have to share it with others )

5. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Could perhaps do what other games do, change con to grey for mobs that are much lower thus no xp, and no loot and or perhaps a lot less of both. this then forces high levels to more challenging areas giving them no reason to farm the low level stuff. Many games out there do this as the way to prevent farming. I prefer the lower con to simply offer less to me because its too easy. mind you that does change the way things are meant to be or at least has been. thoughts?

6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

It was a change made that was done to try and get player "together" more and they took and included Sieges as the same as Overland. SO since overland was not MP so did sieges become.
    That was the reason fgor them being MP.

It resulted in some players "hijacking" sieges from other players , THAT was the issue.

As for Caps that is the point there is zero talk about it, and zero reasoning for it.

People are calling me out because I am one who brings voice to something that is clearly a mistake and was done with zero forethought. It there was planning then the question that I am asking for and yes demanding an answer to is WHY

Why was wrong that the fix was skill caps.

Also notice those "bashing" me actually have zero to add, not a POV, not a criticism, nothing but talking about me. Many troll me because I am being a LOUD voice on this matter.

Go look at how many other threads are actually about the same issue or are having their threads dragged to this point.

LMAO sad isn't it. If this is not a screw up then it really is one of the nails in the coffin. It sets the worst precedent.

Yeah I am calling doom and gloom on this.

oh and ITYS long ago about what would happen. Skillz are out of control and they are looking at was to reign them in. If I am wrong tell me why, why is a cap in any form needed in PvE.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  7. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

That could be very well it that because of UT and SKillz being out of control how does one fix the issue. if the idea was like most of us old SOTA vets to spend a year + to get to these level where now using UT its a matter of months then they really need to look at options. I like it as one person stated remove UT, or perhaps rework it so it gives a fraction of the xp it is now.

One idea perhaps is diminished xp based on instance? perhaps seeing they have attun. change it to diminished xp that stacks. Spend too much time farming an instance then it slowly reduces over time until its not work being there? I think the issue with removing UT would be all those that didnt get to power level would all raise arms to those already up there (they didnt get their chance) there really is no win, win that I can see short of making zones adjust based on your level.

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Also notice not one reason yet can give a reason why there was a cap even thought of.

Do not try and say resources that was not a problem at all in any other thread, just dreamed up here in defense of this change.

9. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

how does this equate to capping skillz in sieges OR ANYWHERE.

The problem is no skill caps, that boat has sailed you cannot bring it back.

They shut off decay because players complained so much yet had zero solution to that being the ONLY soft cap method they had.

I
    T
    Y
    S

10. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I think the relationship here is that by capping things is to make it harder to farm not so much the scene itself but the cabs perhaps to prevent us high levels from spending all the time in easy mode getting hoods and the likes. Not sure really as you said we are all just speculating as nobody knows really why as there is no information provided yet.

11. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

On another note looking at the changes how does it really impact us anyways? if my skills are capped at 100 its still doable, just means I can't be super man. or is it more that some builds just can't do it anymore because of the cap?

I saw this came in R62? I have done seiges and have not seen any diff from my side which I stated it doesn't seem to be noticeable to me. mind you I am not always looking at the numbers as long as I am not dead I am still having fun :)

I have not really looked at all the changes and notes on each build just the things that interest me. That is why I am asking this question above how has it affected your ability to still do it?

12. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Most games have actually been moving away from this and instead scaling the scenes so that all players regardless of level are essentially "equal". This was done to WoW, for example.

MrBlight likes this.
  13. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

True, that is another way to do it, I have seen for example GW2 where your level adjusts down the the max for the area. which is technically the same as capping ones level / skills :)

14. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

so if the obsidian trials is adv level and skill capped (just went in to see the effects)

HP didnt drop niether from skills nor adv level.
    Displayed adv level and skill levels didnt drop.
    If there was a difference in dmg it wasnt enough to notice
    Didnt look at attunment but the friend that was with me said her attunment did not drop

So ima log on QA to see what happens when i go in a siege. So far this whole upraor is looking like total mob mentality to me over soemthign that literally isnt gonna affect anyone just over adv level 100 and a handful of 110 120 skills. This is jsut reguarding the rash of pitchfork waving ive been hearing lately. it seems mostly exagerated. WILDLY exaggerated

15. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Ok just brought up, - - - perhaps the developer are working on a Balance issue?

I say sure?? What issue? Skill caps are not the solution.

I have shown my Ranged skills and in it you can see I am quite weak in my skillz.

I am only level 104 ADV.

Now with this skill cap I will find it harder to hit, be hit more. I will hit with less damage and take more. I will run out of focus faster.

Look at me Disabling Shot, I was considering taking it to 120 to get 2 seconds extra of the debuff. However if I am capped, that means wherever I go that the 80/100 caps is in effect I am GREATLY reduced in my abilities. Now I know it would not have equated to a true 2 seconds more but any boost could only help.

Now since I have not power gamed this game to death I can not just say grab another skill to offset the skill just negated. And any time / effort I spent actually training a skill up so I can hit more and harder and be eit less and softer, was a complete waste of time. Say it is a test all you want, WHAT ARE YOU TESTING, WHY, ((That is what QA is for, but since we have no idea what or why no one is "testing" it.

If testing you think caps are an answer, should have thought of that long ago, wait oyu did you used to have Soft caps and Decay, gave up on that without a back up.

Wipe the game out and give every player 100 in every skill and figure out something else to do to keep player entertained. Obviously just grinding skillz has reached its end stage and there is nowhere else to go.

Watch the exodus, it is happening.

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  16. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

First PvP caps are needed to balance Players vs other players, NOT THE ISSUE.

even if it is only 1 point of damage difference, it negates the time spent training.

It sets a precedent that they will cap other areas for whatever reason.

Again all this needs the WHY first. If they can substantiate a valid why, the fix could be valid.

However the why will be a hard sell to = caps as the solution

Resources NOT it.
    Players running over other players, the fix is SPO and FO.

so for sieges alone what is the reason.

If it is skillz have run out of control.

I
    T
    Y
    S

long ago, boat sailed and sank.

So no testing and giving me "it only changed my DPS by 2" = anything in a game that was created to have no skill caps and any soft cap was removed. Also the game take hours and hours to actually play to gain skillz to high levels, do not tell me go spend 3 hours in UT, sorry that is not playing the game.

17. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I know I said this before but I am not going to go on and on about this.

There are MANY players just sitting back watching me flail away because they know I am right and are not going to stand up because they do not have to.

Others say I am crying "the sky is falling" and are trying to substantiate it to themselves, and just discredit me.

The fact is, it is going to hurt the game, you cannot implement skill caps in a game sold to NOT have them.

Sorry I have carried this on for 6 pages but if it goes any further it will not be me carrying it.

In the end those still here can either laugh at me or cry with me.

Wish everyone the best on this topic.

Yes the sky IS falling.

Urwendor likes this.
  18. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Just tested on QA and determiend there is no skill cap in obsidian trials on live (or it doesnt work)

I can visually see the decrease in adv level and skill levels so the creatures are orange (which doesnt make them any harder) and my damage is less because my 124 blade is reduced to 100, but the change in difficulty is not drastic for me.

But seeign this i know this will more drastically affect 2 people. Tamers with super high taming skills (is that how taming works??) and mages with a big chunk of their attunment comming from skills being over level 100.

My adv level decreased from 100 to 80 and i lost 87 max health

I dont use magic or pets so for me its not much more difficult than it already was before. This is going to affect extremely high level people with most of there used skills well over 100 the most, and will affect those who already have just 100 or just over 100 in skills the least or not at all

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    Weins201 and Mishikal like this.
  19. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

20. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Guys, I don't have time to read the whole thread but this was supposed to have been removed. It will be removed in either the initial release or the first patch. It was the wrong fix to a problem and the request to undo it got lost in the shuffle of a crazier than normal release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.