Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Carlin the Archer's R34 Feedback

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by Carlin the Druid Archer, Oct 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carlin the Druid Archer

Carlin the Druid Archer Avatar

* Not going to comment on story/quests as I'm completely avoiding these now until they're completely finished. The storyline and quests are probably the most important aspect of the game to me.

Wow, I'm blown away with R34. What a step in the right direction.

• LOADING TIMES: Towns now load at a much more reasonable speed, even Ardoris and Brittany are much better than before. Still room for improvement but it's actually made the game much more playable for me. As a casual player without much time, the long load times have put me off playing in past releases. Would still love to see this faster again.

• PERFORMANCE: Along with loading faster the performance in towns is SOOOO much better. Ardoris and Brittany both used to have terrible issues. Nice work devs.

• GRAPHICS: Another big improvement on my machine, looking great. Lighting looks so much better and distant scenery looks so much better. Also, I turned back on the setting to 'Aggressively load decorations' (or something like that) and that solved one of my biggest gripes which is the way you walk into a town and things POP into view as you get close to them. This was a big immersion breaker for me. This still needs work as I still find some things suddenly popping on screen but no way near as bad. Shouldn't this be enabled by default? Watching some of the videos of people reviewing the game it looks shocking when they walk around towns and have things popping on screen.

• FOCUS CHANGES: I actually like the way they have made focus a bit harder to recover. It makes the game more strategic and makes food and focus potions more relevant - but the potions need to be more effective as at the moment you don't recover enough focus.

• SPEED ON OVERLAND: Also a big fan of this change BUT they need to get the map more polished and add more roads or tracks where there should be tracks.

• REVAMPED TOWN -> Estgard: Wow, nice work Steve. This town now really stands out. This should be the level of design expected of all towns. Go to the blacksmith in Estgard vs Ardoris. They are worlds apart in their interior design.

• PVP: As someone who has been avoiding PvP, I thought I'd give it a try. I heard there would be much better drops of resources in the zones to temp me in as a non-pvper. So, I loaded into a bunch of PvP zones... AND... .... the resource drops seemed to be crap and more difficult to pick up due to all the golems etc. Didn't actually come across another player. I won't be heading back there any time soon which is a shame as I made for an easy target for all the PvPers.

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

As a Linux user, I feel I need to comment on some of these:

The load times for me seem the same as (or possibly even a little worse than) R33.

Frame-rate seems to have taken a bit of a hit for me compared to R33.

Graphics have taken a HUGE hit for me compared in R34. It actually looks worse than computer games of 15 years ago. R33 looked great.

uhop and Time Lord like this.
  3. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

- Load times are the same for me. I haven't noticed a difference. I've got my whole system and the game on SSDs.

- Performance: Ardoris actually seems to be worse this release for me. Frame rate seems to have been reduced.

- Graphics seem about the same to me. I play on the Beautiful setting at 1920x1080 @144Hz.

- I don't love or hate the map speed change. They definitely need to work on polishing the roads and adding more roads and trails.

My PC specs are in my signature. They're not the best, but they're certainly not bad. I've actually got 16 GB of RAM sticks, but I keep losing video display every time I try to install the second pair for some reason. Haven't figured out what's causing that yet.

uhop and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.