Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Casting "Sprint" stops you from moving

Discussion in 'Release 29 Bug Forum' started by Daxxe Diggler, May 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I thought this had been reported already but I don't see it on the forums. (Maybe it was on QA threads?)

If you are running and you cast "Sprint" from the light armor tree, your avatar stops to cast the skill. This happens about 90% of the time, but occasionally it will still cast while moving.

Not sure if this is intended or a bug... but since Sprint is a run speed increasing skill and often used to escape or avoid an enemy, it kind of defeats the purpose if it stops you in place to cast the spell.

This actually happens with most of the (STR/DEX/INT) buffs when casting from non-combat bar as of R29 too, so perhaps those should be looked into also. Rarely, it also happens with Dash from the Air tree, but usually that one works while moving.

Xail likes this.
  2. Xail

Xail Avatar

Unfortunately it happens with other spells too....like healing touch for example....

3. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Depends on if you are auto-running or not. If you hold the W then you move faster/are less interrupted than if you turn on auto-run. For a spell like dash and auto-run it waits for the full casting animation to complete prior to resuming running. Holding down w you get a small interrupt and then start running.

4. Couldin

Couldin Avatar

There's times where even if you're holding W it stops you and doesn't start again until you let go and press it again.

5. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Yep. Such as healing ray. Healing Touch can be W'd through. Maybe good to go in the tooltip of whether it is a shoot on the move or requires anchoring to cast.

6. Couldin

Couldin Avatar

I've noticed it doesn't happen on the first time I use sprint, but it does the second time. At least when using the W button.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.