Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Catastrophic crash when multiple NPCs have focus.

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Reviled, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reviled

Reviled Avatar

EDIT: I have erroneously reported this as a Release 51 bug, as it turns out I was playing Release 50- build timestamped Jan 30th.
    1. Title: Catastrophic crash when multiple NPCs have focus.
    2. Reproduction Rate: Not attempted.
    3. Blocker? Yes (hard client crash)
    4. Details: Walked near bank in Aldwater, spoke with housing merchant. While in conversation/buy window with the merchant, two guards walked up with focus on my character. Shortly afterward while browsing the buy window, the screen began rapidly flickering between blank white frames, the merchant window, and a windows crash box. After clicking the close button on the crash dialogue, the screen went fully black as the client was presumably terminated (sound was unaffected throughout). Attempting a system break with Ctrl+Alt+Del did nothing and only opening task manager using Ctrl+Shift+Escape ultimately returned the desktop to the monitor.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: I haven't attempted to reproduce this bug based on the severity of the client crash.
    6. User Specs: Win 7 Ult 64 bit, i7 3770k, AMD RX480 (radeon soft v. 17.10.3), 16GB DDR3, 2 displays

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.