Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Cave Wrasse = Fugly

Discussion in 'Release 4 Feedback' started by mike11, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike11

mike11 Avatar

My first opinion on the Cave Wrasse and it's movement and animations was that it is completely awful. The animation are not good and basically it looks like a joke.

Maybe it's just a placeholder creature, in that case just ignore my ranting.

If this creature has passed QA i would wonder if the QA person is doing his job, or not.

2. Aegis159

Aegis159 Avatar

lol I guess I haven't explored enough, I haven't seen anything called a cave wrasse in any of the caves/dungeons... where did you encounter this, specifically I mean ;) ?

3. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

I think they were throwing things in there just so we had something to kill, I'm sure these things are not done.

mike11 likes this.
  4. Aegis159

Aegis159 Avatar

Yeah the fact that the Kobold and Undead in the Red Sash cave didn't move from their respective corners even when attacked from a distance makes me think the same thing....

5. mike11

mike11 Avatar

A suggestion would be to

a) redo the leg animation so that it is more based on actual animal movements

b) reduce the size by about 50% so it is more the size of a large rat as opposed to the size of a large dog.

6. DNA Cowboy

DNA Cowboy Avatar

Agreed, I am extremely concerned about the quality of the game's graphics especially so after going back to Ultima IX Ascension and comparing them, tbh the character/creature/dungeon graphics haven't moved on that much and the game was coded back in 1997.
    When I took a friend down into The Clink he thought it was a joke I was playing on him.

The protoype gfx were FAR better, the characters smaller, almost 3D isometric.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.