Caverns News and information site

Discussion in 'Guild & Town Hall' started by Sir Stile Teckel, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Stile Teckel

Sir Stile Teckel Avatar

For those that haven't been over to the Caverns, Dungeons, and Beyond in a long time stop by! We've implemented a lot of improvements over the last month, including:

Completely re-themed with new navigational menu structures
    New artwork and logos

For those not familiar with the site, In addition to being a news blog that syndicates via 8 different methods (delivering the news to you the way YOU want to get it), It is also a wealth of information.

links to over 300 videos.

Links to every known (well, those that have not been missed):
    guild site
    fan site
    Social site of note
    web site of note

Full featured forums

Full featured photo galleries with every released photo of note

Links to resources such as maps, player town calculators

downloadable tools and software

If its of note or of value we have it or can show you where on the map it is! We also do weekly podcasting vie a subsite called Echoes of the Caverns with Lord Baldrith and the New theater Britannia Troupe.

Looking for something we don't have? Let me know, ill look at adding it. Have something that I should write about or link to? let me know! Interested in signing on with a Fan site that has been established since day #1 of Kickstarter (and was in preparation for over a year prior), let me know!

Right.. *scratches head* I think thats all! Going to put a link to this thread on the about page and start using this thread to post occasional updates of note!

Thanks all. Myself and the Caverns Team appreciate your support. Remember, it's only of value if it's of value to you so if for some reason it's not, please (politely) let me know why!

2. Sir Stile Teckel

Sir Stile Teckel Avatar

Guilds listings have been moved into a sortable table (all tables on the site will eventually be moved into sortable tables)
    http://www.thecaverns.net/Wordpress/links/guilds/

Missing any guilds? Have info you want added? Let me know!

Also finalized the Sneak Peak Series page. A complete archive of the graphics and information from each update.
    http://www.thecaverns.net/Wordpress/rp-stories/sneak-peak-series/

Added some tools to the tools sections as well, such as a link to the text to runic translator.
    http://www.thecaverns.net/Wordpress/tools/

3. Sir Stile Teckel

Sir Stile Teckel Avatar

For those looking for me! If you did not catch the news already, thanks to an awesome community the fundraiser to move thecaverns.net to a VPS server completed. This has been taking place. Had a day while the VPS order was put into place, followed by a couple for site migration, followed by DNS propergation.

All that's been done.. and if you visit the main site it pulls up (some of the sub sites do not). However things are not functional at this time. Getting some fun errors like (FYI - VPS Migration has completed, but now working on bugs. Site is NOT functional at this time although it pulls up. Getting fun things like: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 122880 bytes) in /home/sujxunne/public_html/Wordpress/wp-content/plugins/wp-photo-album-plus/wppa-watermark.php on line 109).

So have a message into my host (who is FAST, so hopefully will resolve before long.. so I can find the next bug.. oh joy).

So the whole staff at the Caverns, Dungeons, and Beyond apologizes for the down time. Podcasts will be delayed!!! I will post when things are up and running fully.. until then just enjoy R7 :). Hope to myself over the weekend. am on vacation next week so once things are WORKING.. ill put the weeks worth of work backlog aside until R7 finishes out (or until I get my fill of it *winks*).

See you all soon

4. Sir Stile Teckel

Sir Stile Teckel Avatar

Site was down for the last week while it moved over to a VPS server. A huge thank you to everyone in the community that helped make that happen!!!

Everything is up and running now (may be a few bugs I haven't ran into yet, so if you see anything tell me!!)

A few new podcasts have been published by Lord Baldrith, including a weekly news recap, some poetry by Amber Raine, and a piece of fan writing.

A LOT of news will be going up over the next week so be sure to check regularly. I might post a blurb here and now with regards to major stuff/projects if I get to them, but will not bother with the smaller stuff.

5. Sir Stile Teckel

Sir Stile Teckel Avatar

One of my mottos is, delivering the news to YOU the way YOU want to get it. So I am happy to announce that the Caverns, Dungeons, and Beyond is automatically syndicated to Pinterest and Youtube now!

For the full list of ways to get the news visit:
    http://www.thecaverns.net/Wordpress/sites-this-feed-is-published-to/

Just added to the list though!!

Pinterest
    http://www.pinterest.com/StileTeckel/the-caverns-dungeons-and-beyond/

Youtube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGy19I9hp7FeTmNORehwJZw

Do we not cover your method? Let me know! If It can be done if ONE person wants it (and honestly wan't it, not just to be a troll), then I will be happy to see if I can do it. I have the current potential to syndicate to the following places that I am not currently doing so:

App.Net
    Blogger
    Delicious
    Deviantart.com
    Diigo
    Flickr
    FriendFeed
    Instapaper
    LinkedIn
    LiveJournal/Dreamwidth
    Reddit (Reddit is an issue as I don't have enough Karma or some such, not being a regular user myself)
    Scoop.It
    Stumbleupon
    Plurk
    vBulletin
    vKontakte(vk.com)

6. Sir Stile Teckel

Sir Stile Teckel Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.