Central Hub

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Verit, Aug 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Verit

Verit Avatar

Since teleport scrolls and easy pass have made travel less challenging,
    I think it may be time to have some sort of central hub. Perhaps, all lunar rifts could take you to one location (some place like the starter island?). From there avatars could then continue on to there destinations. I am not sure how to incorporate the lunar cycle which it would be a shame to lose, but it could create a place for us to see each other and congregate.

2. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

In UO I remember when everyone would congregate at the bank.. Had many cool conversations going on. That was also where I use to bring in horse and nightmares and give them out on Christmas Day.

calkano (PAX), Verit and Jaesun like this.
  3. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

So change it to be like the Serpent's Path?

4. Verit

Verit Avatar

Yeah, something along those lines.

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Right, so that it could be jam-packed with player vendors and the surrounding area could be saturated with POTs. No thanks.

6. Verit

Verit Avatar

I was thinking more like a place to form groups and meet new avatars.
    It would hopefully help with some of the complaints on the web about the game seeming devoid of players.

If you are suggesting that they do not allow vendors and POTs on the area, I think that is a good suggestion and thank you for it.

7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I personally don’t like the idea of a central trading area. I like the way it is now.

8. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

I've been talking about such a thing for 4 years, even referencing other games that did it, such as Dungeon Runners, now those games did it because they only had 1 main city in the entire game so it was easy, SotA has too many cities for the population, as if that wasn't enough, each city has 4 instances, so multiply the number of cities by 4. That's why you rarely see anyone.

Verit likes this.
  9. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

There is a totally understandable strong core of UO fans who played UO for years, decades, who want SOTA to be a 21st Century version of UO.
    Whilst a re- work of UO in something like Valve Source or Unreal is not a bad idea in itself, sometimes I wonder if some of these changes being requested would actually be to the detriment of SOTA which is not UO.
    I never played UO so I'm pretty impartial (i.e. if an UO feature would be good for SOTA and in keeping with the Devs vision for SOTA) then great, if its simply to move SOTA closer and closer to looking like a super graphical version of UO at the expense of SOTAs own charm and identity, then i'm steadfastly against it.

ErikRulez likes this.
  10. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

Agree. Never played UO either. While I loved the U7 content, I don't want SOTA to be U7. I still want to be able to create Hoe of Destruction in SOTA but I am happy with how the devs have create a world with the Ultima themesl that isn't any of the old games.

Steevodeevo likes this.
  11. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Make every town, city, POT etc. multiplayer only and suddenly the game feels more alive.

12. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

An option to put us into "open" mode when we enter Novia or a town was discussed in another post. I really like that idea. I think it would be great for those like me that want party mode in the adventure scenes but either forget or don't want to take the time to switch between modes when we leave our wilderness areas.

13. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I sometimes forget when coming back to town. It's a bit annoying. Then I've got to switch to reload the scene, because I like having people around. Heck, even a settings option for "Go to Multi automatically when entering non-adventure scenes" would be fine with me. I'd select it, and when loading the town I wouldn't have to then re-load the town a minute later when I realize I'm in a separate instance.

14. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Interestingly, with the passes unlocked, the population can create a central area on their own now. If they want too.

Verit likes this.
  15. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Let's just pick one place that has all necessary npcs with the least lag, then we all just go there.

Have someone volunteer to be thhat guy/gal whom everyone teleport to.

No further change on the coding side here :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.