Chained Obsidian Shard - PvP only ... really?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Lasazarr, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Their own fault for thriving so far away from the initial kickstarter campaign ;)

MrBlight, Koldar and Blackghost like this.
  2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Or a large onyx/diamond outcropping

3. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Maybe a giant teddybear would be more appropriate ;) jk ya all ofc :p

fonsvitae likes this.
  4. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Regardless of lore, I can't see getting worked up over a deco item that doesn't even do anything, especially considering that PvP towns have big innate disadvantages like lower vendor traffic.

5. Net

Net Avatar

Actually, I think that "chained" shards should be considered inactive and more or less inactive. the freely floating shards should be PvP only:)

Duke Albert likes this.
  6. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

@Vallo Frostbane and the PvP sandbox people want a player ruled world, a sandbox where every player matters - even the sheeps.
    And ruling, affecting and all that means to also to be able to "rule" what other players can do or do not, e.g. visiting PvP scenes.
    You can go there but then you need to be aware of that this scene is controlled by players.

I say players not PvPers

And on the opposite there are people who don't want to miss things, if they don't want to compete with other players and to be ruled or impaired.
    And I don't want to compete if the balance belongs more on powergaming and grinding than playerskill.

Btw. I feel @Vallo Frostbane and @Envy that they feel personally attacked by me.
    That is and was never my intention, I just want to say what I am thinking of PvP and what I think a consensual concept is or would be.

I talk generally while you attack me somewhat personally.

We need not to agree each other, I understand your points very well and I already said I played hardcore PvP sandbox games like!E darkfall and had fun , no doubt and I progress their, lead a small guild, was in an ally an matters (maybe as sheep's :p, no wait we helped fighting goonswarm ah I mean awfull company and more ;))

So this said if I could do the grind and would feel competetive you would of course see me fighting other players.
    But this skillsystems are way to much for me now to compete in.

And to clarify what I am "fighting" for in the forum is the idea of PvP is really CONSENSUAL and optional to and for everybody and everything.
    Yes I want to have the same reward without the risk and I want PvPers to get the meaning of PvP from something else.
    I would be fine with bones in my yard, what I want to have one day and titles that show of my might to impair others who want to be shown without to have to abandon scenes!

I like PvP !

7. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Sorry but I can't understand how someone might feel in that way only just because they put an item for PvP POTs. Abandon for this? sounds childish, with all my respect Stundorn.

fonsvitae and mercster like this.
  8. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

That was argued about the whole PvP and PvE thing, not just about a deco item, but it stands as the scenes for an example and is maybe a question of principle.

Edit : With abandon I mean to accept to not be able to play this content and to abandon of this item or a scene generally, not to abandon the game itself.
    Hell no, I don't quit playing just because of some scenes or an item ;)

I just understand something different from consensual and think PvP would be not inflicting such big complains if it were consensual in all aspects, including scenes and items and more if they plan to do more PvP related content.

Duke Albert and Koldar like this.
  9. mercster

mercster Avatar

Not having an access to an item does not mean PvP is not consensual. Everyone knows this, and anyone who understands the english language takes this as an obvious fact.

Blackghost likes this.
  10. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

But to me it sounds like you need not but then you have to left of (abandon?) Content (items, scenes...) @mercster
    Maybe this is what i misunderstood what consensual means.
    To me it were consensual if I don't need to left of something.
    If I need to PvP to see everything ingame or can use every item etc... It's my choice doing it, but not consensual in what I
    understand from playing the game, because if I choose to not to do it I are held of to see and play for example shardfalls PvE content what gives extras in loot and are lore relevant to Roleplayers ...

11. mercster

mercster Avatar

It's obvious that English is your second language, maybe this is where the confusion is.

Stundorn likes this.
  12. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

So I am curious how does selling a PvP only item apply to this -

"Heya Scott,
    Thanks for writing in with your concerns. I know that Friday’s Hangout and subsequent Dev post freaked some people out, but I can assure you that there will not be items placed in an PvP area that a non-PvPer would need to retrieve. Right now, for testing purposes, some of the Grand Tour Rewards are in PvP areas, but that is simply so that we can collect as much data on those areas as possible (basically, we WANT as many people to visit those location during the testing window, so we need to incentivize it). But once the game is launched, players who want absolutely nothing to do with PvP will never find a need to enter them. The only items that would be exclusive to those areas are those which would only benefit a PvPer.

Please let me know if I can ever assist with anything else. Thanks for being a part of the Shroud of the Avatar community and I look forward to seeing you in New Britannia!"

Do I have a right to feel lied to?

I fell this is direct violation of what I have been told a few times.

13. mercster

mercster Avatar

"Thanks for writing in with your concerns. I know that Friday’s Hangout and subsequent Dev post freaked some people out, but I can assure you that there will not be items placed in an PvP area that a non-PvPer would need to retrieve. Right now, for testing purposes, some of the Grand Tour Rewards are in PvP areas, but that is simply so that we can collect as much data on those areas as possible (basically, we WANT as many people to visit those location during the testing window, so we need to incentivize it). But once the game is launched, players who want absolutely nothing to do with PvP will never find a need to enter them."

No you do not have a right to feel lied to.

Can you guys stop, now, please?

MrBlight likes this.
  14. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Wide interpretations possible what I feel is needed, shardfalls and ruins are the best example.
    If they argue you just need 5 zones from t1-5 they can make the game open PvP and left 5 protected zones and a city over for them that don't want PvP. They than have everything they need.

Why? and No!

15. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Seems to me that every declared PVP pot should automatically have a chained shard. It comes with the territory and should not have to be purchased as an add-on. This is the way to keep the Lore consistent. The desolis shard should be moved behind the wall. If PVP declared pot owners want to buy additional shards for their scene, it would be reasonable to have them in the store for purchase.

Svahn and mercster like this.
  16. mercster

mercster Avatar

I love this! Free shards for all PvPers! MAKE IT SO!

sips the inevitable tears :rolleyes:

MrBlight, Preachyr and Aldo like this.
  17. Numa

Numa Avatar

[​IMG]

Just when I thought the thread couldn't get any hotter :eek:

18. mercster

mercster Avatar

Tired of being terrorized. And I'm not even a PvPer. I just know malicious manipulation when I see it. Trolling is all fine and dandy until it starts to besmirch the community.

MrBlight and Numa like this.
  19. Net

Net Avatar

Next time PvPers will ask for PvP only shardfall POT template...

Duke Albert likes this.
  20. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Wow... 5-pages on this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.