Champions of the Novian Realm Elections.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by craftymethod, Jul 3, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

I shall keep this short,

I hearby post for public opinion the idea that public elections to install two members of the community into two positions of semi significance (that would be up to the devs as to what they could effect)

Whoever shall be elected into these positions may have some kind of unique quality/opportunity/function Although I do suggest that their installment is not permanent but kept to an ongoing election cycle.

Things like this gave me the idea:
    https://starcitizen.tools/2950_UEE_imperatorial_Election

Claim your rightful place in history. Make your move. What will your legacy be?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  2. Mylady ‘Gin Gin Darlin

Mylady ‘Gin Gin Darlin Avatar

IDK about this TBH....

Is this something that would actually be received by staff? Most importantly Chris?

Will it be fairly moderated? No favourites. No ‘in it for themselves’ types.

How will the two members be chosen?

If by vote, how will you account for/stop spam or fake voting for fair elections?

How will topics/feedback to be discussed be collected? Will it be public here on the forums?

We struggle to get Catnip to respond as it is. What do we expect this ‘council’ to achieve?

It’s like trying to be heard on one of Chris’ live-streams. Does he ever take notice?

A relationship has to exist for any of this to be worth the effort.

We already have @Elgarion to pass on requests and so in a way he is already our community ambassador.

What will this call for community reps ultimately achieve that @Elgarion hasn’t already tried?

I commend your efforts but I feel this would be a waste of time if there is no guarantee that Chris will actually communicate directly (rather then through his staff) and take on board the topics these two member reps would wish to discuss on the communities behalf.

3. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Inserting politic in a game... No thanks.

Ravenscar, Anpu and Sulaene Moon like this.
  4. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

I think perhaps any dev communication would not be required. Perhaps on account pages a check box of your allegiance or your guilds allegiance could be selected, ambition, platform, purpose etc would be left to whoever chooses to build the needed social organisation to be nominated.

I dont imagine they would have any power to bend or create anything new in game, but I would perhaps expect them to have their PVP flags open (maybe?).
    It could be that they are the keeper of two flags... and something like their only perks are the spot in the world the two flags are put.

Guilds would decide which flag to attack or defend, or which person to protect, anything else would be up to ambition or fate.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    Boris Mondragon likes this.
  5. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I think if anything perhaps it should be based on virtue. those that follow the path of good and those that follow the path of chaos. seeing we already can choose what path we take by our actions. would be a much simpler system that already exists.

Boris Mondragon and craftymethod like this.
  6. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Not everyone is in this for a simple grindathon. One day people will try to bring this world to life through their own aspirations and initiatives.

Doesnt have to be politics or combat really. Perhaps for a month a promoter of music and the arts might hold a torch.

7. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Dramatics aside, two players nominating small global buffs virtues/anti virtues kinda thing would keep the min maxers interested. If one if them became a 'champion' or whatever the added attention you would get could be a good change of gameplay for a short while. Perhaps you would need to keep yourself safe from the loyal to the opposing champion for that say month. hmmm

8. Fetid SirDidy

Fetid SirDidy Avatar

I would think it’d be better to vote on a few questions/requests every week and whichever “win” most votes everyone agree to spam them on the stream so that they can’t be avoided. But even that would take planning. A “ask a question” post, and then a voting post taking 10 at a time to vote on, in the order they are asked in the post. Top 1-3 or whatever winners , everyone spam the stream with them until they are answered. And come to think of it does Having a question/request acknowledged/Answered on stream even matter....

Bedawyn and craftymethod like this.
  9. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Brother ; I cannot help but add my two cents to your proposal. So here it comes like a cannonball from my ship:

1) Do this if it brings action to the game in either PVE or PVP form.

2) Nominate an Obsidian warlord and a Outlander warlord. Pick a couple of areas to have them use for battlefields and GM powers to summon creatures with full loot. Weekly Or biweekly battles with each side having their “Warlord” attack a defender other “Warlord” controlled area. In other words, a reason to grind.

Maybe something like this even led by @Elgarion playing both sides may keep a flood of players from going to games like New World me included who will
    Check it out to get some much needed action. Not quitting SOTA yet but got to get my fix of real adrenaline not present here at the moment R/Boris/El Pirata

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.