Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

change to leather scrap requirements

Discussion in 'Release 45 QA Feedback Forum' started by Alley Oop, Aug 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

on live, i can make 2 leather using:

1x leather recipe: 2 hides, 1 salt
    2x leather from scraps recipe: 2 hides, 2 salt, 24 scraps

and so it makes no sense economically to use the scraps recipe.

on QA, that's reduced to 12 scraps instead of 24. it STILL makes no sense to use it.

2. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

wow looks counter productive to me ... why bother if using scraps still needs the same amount of hides???? and more salt lol it does not make any sense at all... o_O:confused:

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

On the live server, you get two leather from two hides and one salt. Did they nerf it so that now you only get one leather from that recipe?

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Barugon likes this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

@Alley Oop
    I saw the "1x leather recipe" and thought you meant that it was making one leather. :oops:

6. StarWeed

StarWeed Avatar

predicting the "fix" will be to make the normal leather recipe be 2 hides -> 1 leather,

since, why not take every opportunity to make things arbitrarily harder.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This is why I haven't yelled about this issue.

8. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Sad that we are driven to this assumption/prediction. Being that I am trying really hard to look at the bright side, shame shame shame. This will probably be fixed asap.

9. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

The Scraps recipes for leather/fabric have long made no sense and this change they still don't make sense.
    This is for a couple reasons:
    1. There's no way to get an abundance of leather/cloth scrap, as mobs don't drop leather/cloth junk. You occasionally get them from searching sacks/barrels or fishing them up, but that's it. The only other way is by salvaging something you've crafted (useful when you get nonexceptional boots/gloves, I guess) or blowing things up enchanting.
    2. The fuel cost of curing salt and wax make use of scraps uneconomical. In most cases, you'd be better off selling the scraps for 1 gold each and buying more hides/cotton. I thought the new recipes would address this, but it seems, not.

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Periodically I try out the leather from scraps recipe to see if they have fixed it but I'm always disappointed. It's really odd to me that they can't see how it's broken.

11. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

Was just about to bug report this. Found this it is still a problem (it the same as above i think). But write i piece just in case it is something different.

Leather From Scraps
    1 X Curing Salt
    6 X Leather Scraps
    1 X Animal Hide
    => 1 X Leather

Leather
    1 X Curing Salt
    2 X Animal Hide
    => 2 X Leather

So the leather form scraps recipes just consumes leather scrap for no additional benefit......

I assume the Leather From Scraps recipes should be 2 leather as well, then it makes sense.
    Can i also assume at some point it was changed for balance and the scraps recipe got forgotten???

Spung

12. Jimmy Cliff

Jimmy Cliff Avatar

I guess the original idea was that animal hides would have a higher value among players, making scrap recipes more economical. Since Leather Armors are discriminated against, and the server population is on the low end of the curve, as it stands leather scraps are waste. If the leather armor skills and stats improve or the population rises, I expect the scraps to be relevant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.