Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Changes to tap soul warrant free skill reset book

Discussion in 'Release 38 Feedback Forum' started by Skyo, Feb 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

@DarkStarr @Chris

Although I completely agree with the changes made to tap soul, I think this change warrants a skill book of reset at 100% xp. I admittedly would dabble in life magic because there was no reason not to before this needed change.

Now I have millions of xp in the tree that is basically useless for my build. It was stated by this team that for major changes that impact build, these books would be submitted. Please issue me a reset book!

Thank you all for the continued changes to the game as I think its becoming better release by release!

2. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I understand that some change messed up your build, and most people surely understand how and why, but I haven't been paying attention to Tap Soul so I don't understand what the issue is. Would you mind giving some background information? Pretty please?

EDIT: I like understanding current issues so I can answer questions if someone asks me about it, even if I am not affected myself :)

uhop likes this.
  3. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Yes, what's wrong with tap soul?

4. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

It now gives a healing debuff.

Damian Killingsworth likes this.
  5. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

.. i dont wanna be THAAat guy.. but theres been many changes that have completly alter'd builds for people. In both skills and items.
    If they were to issue out a reset book because of a change, i think it would set a precedent they might not want to get into =/

I think books of unlearning are a couple cotos? So it might set you back a few k gold, but thats it.

(personally i dont care, i just imagine the **** show that would happen if they openly say yes to this. IMO you should delete the thread and PM them the request, probably a safer bet )

6. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Does a 90% return book of unlearning cost 1coto?

7. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Three.

8. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

Tap soul decreases life attunement each time it's cast. Making life attunement negative, in effective and millions of XP useless.

Please remember my OP includes that I agree with this change and am requesting a book of unlearning for the impact.

Numa likes this.
  9. cyathome

cyathome Avatar

The change was a bit harsh imo ... the stacking of the -attunement gets out of hand fast.

A fixed -attunement and a refresh of the timer every use would be much easier to accept.

Armitage_ and MrBlight like this.
  10. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

To be fair, this precident was already set when changes in the taming tree prompted an issue of one obsidian book of unlearning to each player.

Mac2 and Numa like this.
  11. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

2 Minute of life debuff make .. that 1 of the two tree (DEATH and LIFE) is completely useless.. (for me the HEALING TREE)..

i need focus because focus drain very speed... if i use the TAP SOUL i can't heal my player for 2 minutes... if i have to kill skeletons and liches.. i need potions (that costs)...

for now... i use the DEATH tree and kill ONLY WOLVES/SPIDERS/BEARS... my LIFE attunement is only millions of XP for NOTHING.

my suggestion? make the timer of life debuff a % of death attunement.. .5 seconds for every point of death attunement. (or for every level of TAP SOUL ..)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    MrBlight likes this.
  12. Numa

Numa Avatar

I think the old system where attunement in one tree degraded attunement in the opposing tree would be simpler than the new system of trying to balance the whole thing out skill by opposing skill.

Does anyone know why it was abandoned?

13. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

The damage was ridiculous with the opposing schools, it just didn't work.

Numa likes this.
  14. eli

eli Avatar

Sorry this is a noob question, but why would a book be neccessary? can't you just set them down to 40 and get most of the xp back?

15. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

You get back 50% for training down, 90% for using the item. If the skill is above 60, probably better to use the item.

eli likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.