Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Chaos Magic Damage Type and Summons

Discussion in 'Release 39 Feedback Forum' started by Vallo Frostbane, Mar 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Chaos Damage seems to be non existant?

Creatures that resist fire, resist the fire effect of the chaos bolt.
    However the Damage of the bolt seems to be affected by the Chaos Attunement alone?

I suggest to change that, as Chaos school is actually one of the weakest schools right now damage wise the way it is designed (Chaos Bolt) and the way resistances work.

Without the ability to enchant gear for chaos attunement, the school lacks the punch damage wise and since most skills don't really scale that well, levelling it is currently a waste of XP.

From tools tips and statements made in many Post Mortems etc. it was suggested otherwise?
    I think it needs a complete overhaul, and the reagent costs need to increase by a lot, for a school that is supposed to be one of the strongest.

Maybe it need a new damage spells with true chaos damage that can't be resisted?

On a side note: Torpid Torment doesn't improve at all from levelling. ;)

Also it suffers from having a useless Pet just like all magic schools.
    I strongly suggest that with the taming patch you also look into the magical summons please ;)
    My suggestion would be to tie the summon strength to the attunment and maybe INT or sth else.

The summons should be as strong as their PVE counterparts when you have maxed attunement and skill.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    Juan Solo likes this.
  2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Chaos is a primarily PvP focused school

and while there isnt any chaos "Damage" there are chaos Effects. And those can be lessened with attunment
    but as far as i recall, there are only 2 items in game that give chaos attunment, but they give +40 combined
    so whatever factor increase son thyose chaos spells as you level them up will increase with attunment, and since there is nor esistance to it, the only way to counter that is to also have attunment

3. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Never the less most skills are WIP.

Another example is the teleport which only lowers reagent chance... at some point it gets so low that it seems to flip and becomes 100% reagent cost.

I feel all schools should be viable more or less.
    The school does not feel powerful at all and is obviously not finished :)

4. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

@Vallo Frostbane, Thanks for reporting, Issue has been submitted to the Development Team for review., You may wish to repeat this post over in the Feedback Section, There is a better chance to garner support for your ideas there. The issue however has been added to the report for Development Team review.

Juan Solo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.