Chaos needs a gem and jewel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Warrior B'Patrick, Aug 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Several have talked about the enchantment system and the lack of a Chaos gem or jewel. I propose that the chaos gem be an opal and it be called a "Gnosis" gem. How can an opal be called anything but chaos!

[​IMG]

And Gnosis is "A concept introduced by Peter Carroll is the gnostic state, also referred to as gnosis. This is defined as an altered state of consciousness that in his magic theory is necessary for working most forms of magic.[*] This is a departure from older concepts which described energies, spirits or symbolic acts as the source of magical powers. The concept has an ancestor in the Buddhist concept of Samadhi, made popular in western occultism by Aleister Crowley and further explored by Austin Osman Spare"

* Carroll, Peter J. (1987). Liber Null & Psychonaut. Weiser Books. ISBN 0-87728-639-6.

amarious, Numa, Barugon and 2 others like this.
  2. Net

Net Avatar

I would expect soem fragment of obsidian shard could work for chaos... though given how those are in Shardfalls and ruins, perhaps only avatars without Oracle protection could use them... Most chaos magic is working only in PvP anyway.

Elwyn likes this.
  3. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

As chaos should be an "uber PVP magic" probably the good way is to make heart of Vrul - the chaos gem....

Cassyr Dubois likes this.
  4. Blade Savage

Blade Savage Avatar

Mystic Graff Gem.... mark my words.

Elwyn likes this.
  5. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@Warrior B'Patrick

It kinda is due to story.

The planets - the cabalists on the ground - the astronomy/astrology of - the virtue system - most of the story arch - the towns/cities and their role in the story.
    It is all interconnected.
    So are the gem stones.
    Thus it is very very unlikely that you will see a Chaos gem.

Stundorn likes this.
  6. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Equal part fragments from all other gems plus obsidian chips. Put them all together and get a Chaos gem. That would work. But dont make it too easy. Probably 10 of each gem fragment but 100 obi chips...if not more. Chaos gems shouldnt be plentiful in my opinion. But i do believe they need to have this. I mean all the magic trees have a gem...even death. So yeah lets make one....maybe had something extra like dragon or daemon blood to it. I dont know. LOL.

curt likes this.
  7. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

@DarkStarr said at the last telethon that he wanted a gem and they put it on the list to think about. I agree with the limitation of the story elements but if they have a chaos tree in magic and all others have a gem it could be an undiscovered gem until now. Why would only 1 tree of magic not have a gem unless it is like what
    @Belladonna Rose said about it being all trees combined. I like that idea better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.