Chaotic Feedback -

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Xkhan, Nov 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xkhan

Xkhan Avatar

So I watched one of Mac's videos and in his pre-buff routine I noticed one I haven't looked at. Chaotic Feedback. When I get in game and check it out I can see it would be awesome for casting/range - and the negative seemed pretty negligible.

Got confusion up then I got torpid up - finally got Chaotic and....

1. The damage seems more than the tooltip.
    2. The damage is a dot that prevents me from mining/harvesting etc until it goes away
    3. I really couldn't tell noticeable difference (I know its level 1...but seems to not change just duration?)

For those that use this do/can you use...Purify? Will that remove the dot yet keep the good thing?

On related question - does Purify remove stuns? I use the Salts but there is still a few seconds where I just stand there and watch Torc's big meaty foot slowly rise....

Thanks in advance-

2. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Filter Bubble Algorithm Avatar

You can use the salts, but they dont remove the knockdown, all you see is the animation and its a waste, works on mezmerize though.

Mac2 likes this.
  3. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

No, it use to work like that, but it wasn't intended. They fixed it a while back.

Mac2 likes this.
  4. Xkhan

Xkhan Avatar

Thank you! So...Smelling Salts are really worthless than right? At least fighting trolls?
    No way to stop the bleeding on Chaotic Feedback? Why use than (just amp up the glass cannon build?)

Mac2 likes this.
  5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

About chaotic feedback. At level 30 it will get a speed increase, then again at level 60, then again at level 100. At 100, it deals 2 damage per focus use single stacked and 2.4 5 stacked. Now if you look at the skills I am using, rend, thrust and offhand attack, thrust and rend are only 11 focus at gm and offhand cost no focus, as well all 3 of those skills have a 5 second cooldown. The life attunement debuff from chaotic feedback pretty much negates me from using life magic, I have the soothing rain gem proc on both of my weapons and 5 stack it to try and keep myself healed from the damage. The gem proc is giving 16+% soothing rain bonus on each blade for 32+%.

6. Filter Bubble Algorithm

its for quick stacking and casting, not to be used with locked glyphs unless you want to die or ALWAYS charge to max. (using a locked glyph on cooldown(lots of heat) can be very painful with chaotic feedback)

Mac2 likes this.
  7. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

If not stacking it is tough to use, yes? I prefer Spellbinder's Stance if I am running support, not solo. The first time I used chaotic feedback I killed myself because the tooltip showed Green on the focus bleed. That is clearly wrong.

Solazur, Numa and Mac2 like this.
  8. Dominor666

Dominor666 Avatar

Also looks like they have had a little wack at chaotic Feedback in the last patch its near impossible to keep up with the damage you get from Chaotic feedback with healing especially in a death mage build

Mac2 likes this.
  9. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Spellbinders is broken right now, only getting a card draw modifier.

Ancev and Dominor666 like this.
  10. Filter Bubble Algorithm

11. Filter Bubble Algorithm

You need to be in BEAST DEATH MODE to make it work for you (ring of lich and a lot of HP helps so you can get below 50% and get great death damage due to low health) and you need to stack; stacking has the bonus effect of reducing focus costs to almost nil.

Chaotic feedback decks are hard to create right but when you get around to it, you will really notice a huge difference in the playstyle

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    Mac2 likes this.
  12. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

bigta1982 and Vox Aquila like this.
  13. Dominor666

Dominor666 Avatar

Hey @Filter Bubble Algorithm thanks, the problem i have is i haven't changed my gear/bar and lets say 2 weeks ago (for sake of the argument) i could solo the monkey room easily dropping my chaotic feedback to a single stack but in the last few days (the weekend was when i 1st noticed it) i try the exact same play style and i end up killing myself, the chaotic feedback negitive hits far outrun my hp's generated from the death spells.

@Mac2, hello mate you know me by another name in game but your bar is different from mine i really want to see how you work it, ill go back to those video's you posted but your key3 is the ones im really interested in, ill drop in on you when i see you in game, promise i'll try to not get you killed

14. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

key 3 has 5 death touch, 5 death field and 4 death rays, and one death ray is locked. I also have on aethric feedback in there for the focus regen boost. Dynamic skills cost less focus then locked ones. many of my decks run one dynamic spot with 9 locked skills only ones that dont have combos like hamstring, and I also just stack my rapid fires the old way in my archer deck so I can keep firing while they stack up.

15. Dominor666

Dominor666 Avatar

@Mac2 Ok got it, so you don't see any value in stacking your dps spells. also how are you getting Aethric Feedback doing the focus generation i thought that was only after a crit and normally it's just a + Focus buff.

Also do you actually get much healing from your 2 HOT spells while having death shield in place, or is it just one of those items that works IF you're high enough

16. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Death sheild does not hinder heals, tap soul take your life attunment away and the lich ring hinders all heals. only a few spells are worth stacking, ring of fire and rapid fire being 2 of them. If you compare 5 stacking ice arrow to how much damage 5 single ice arrows will deal, its not even close, and same goes for most spells.

Numa and Dhanas like this.
  17. Dominor666

Dominor666 Avatar

sweet currently ATM i'm down the mines trying to make some money but ill do some experimenting with my polearm using your bar as an example but changing key 3 to polearm skills

Mac2 likes this.
  18. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

I don't use Chaotic Feedback, so I can't speak to that, but I can tell you that purify will remove the confusion that the trolls (and other mobs) put on players. You can try to jump to break stuns (not knockdowns, oops), but I don't know of anything you can cast that will remove them.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    Numa, Mac2 and Paladin Michael like this.
  19. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

If its a stun, you can jump out of it, depending on your str, the easier it is, just keep spamming the jump key till it breaks, You cannot jump out of knockdowns or mezzes, The smelling salts reduces the time your mezzed, but do not free you from it unless it almost over. Sometimes your knocked down, but on the screen it still shows you standing, looks like a stun but its not, can;t jump out of it, that graphic bug bugs me.

20. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

Great suggestion on the Soothing Rain to offset damage on a machine gun death build. Before they increased the focus dmg on feedback, I was crushing the monkeys. Afterwards, 50/50 - my 100+ drains aren't high enough to offset the feedback suck down, especially with the corpse-splosion hits. Rain might be the equalizer. :)

Numa and Mac2 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.