Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Character Création Feedback - Males & Females

Discussion in 'Release 11 Feedback' started by Myrcello, Oct 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Hello Developers.

My Feedack on Character Creation. :)

First of all. You have done wonderful work with improving the customisation options since the early release days.

For me personaly the most missing options are currently: Different Lips options and different eye brow options.

Feedack:

1. If you change the haircolor please adjust also the eyebrow color

2. Currently if you turn your avatar in the zoomed version it will not be big enough window. You always cut out some of the avatar if you turn it.
    Wonderful example is this Mohawk Zoom In. It is very disturbing that top and left are always cut out. You want to be able to fully look at your Avatar.

[​IMG]

3. Cheek Positions and Cheek Shapes And Jaw Adjustments currently destroy some Beards and create strange looks. Beards with holes:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Still annoying for many of us: The Hair moving into the Armor:

[​IMG]

5. If you look at the Mohawk Haircut from the front there is a strange shadow showing up:

[​IMG]

6. If you pull "Nostril Size" slider full to the right, and "Nose Tip Shape" full to the left you get this strange grey Dot on your Nose:

[​IMG]

7. Please ad the options to choose a different color then Red for the Dreads Hair Cut Bandana. That would be awesome.

maybe even an option to start with different colors of the same starting armor set we all have.

[​IMG]

My Basic Rule if i create a Avatar for an MMO is that if you leave all the Sliders "Neutral" or in the Middle you should get the "average most beautiful Avatar".

The Rule is that balanced shapes are the look we Humans judge as most attractive.

As an oriantation this is a computer generated picture of a female that is exactly a totaly balanced 100% look. You will never meet such a person in reality, but that would be regarded from the overall mass of people as the perfect balance and be the norm for how our brains judge the perfect balance of the face combinement for an attractive women. It might be helpful for you as an oriantation how your neutral setting should be.

[​IMG]

This could be a oriantation for you for the look of a "neutral" set female avatar. I am only giving this suggestion as "female Backers" are not happy with the current look of the most attractive version you provide. Some threads out there still about this topic.

This is your current most attractive version for the females if all is set to neutral:

[​IMG]

Maybe you can adjust the most attractive neutral version to an higher standard.

We know we are all able to make them look very ugly if we want to test the sliders the other extrem and pull them totaly different directions.

I think you should consider if some would be still regarded as ugly or maybe some would think it is a bug or graphik error. Maybe limit the option to create too unnormal looks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That was my little feedback.

Hope it was helpful.

Kind regards Myrcello.

2. smack

smack Avatar

Excellent post with very specific feedback and with pictures! While flexibility is great, sometimes it can go too far. But hey, choices.

Is there a Random button yet? That's what I'd like to spam until I see something interesting.

Spoon, licemeat and Ned888 like this.
  3. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Forgot one feature.
    The option to lock a slider after positioning it.

Leos likes this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

great job Myrcello with your examples. Here's hoping for wonderful improvements.;)

5. Numa

Numa Avatar

Been away for 2-3 releases and I"m amazed at how far character customization has progressed. Completely stoked to play this release :)

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  6. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Yes. I wonder when Unity 5 will come and how that will further Impact the hole character creation.

7. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

I have to correct myself in regards to the sliders.

You can't avoid reducing extreme looks without destroying variety options.

8. licemeat

licemeat Avatar

This is a great starting point that should be taken into consideration. Great post Myrcello!

9. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

I just want to point out in case one of the Character Art Teams looks at it - The progress you have done is awesome thinking of the resources you have.
    These are only ideas, suggestions. You are the masters. We only the humble consumers.
    All the armors, clothing, other animals animations and so much you are doing shows the miracle of your talents.
    The improvements since beginning in how you can create your character are very feel able for us.

10. Carlin the Druid Archer

Carlin the Druid Archer Avatar

Great feedback. I hope the devs see this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.