Character Creation and Content, from the Character Art Devs

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by Qball, Nov 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Demetria

Demetria Avatar

I read somewhere that there is a "new you" shop planned for the game that will allow you to change your hairstyle/ etc for Crowns (premium currency).

Jamet and Miracle Dragon like this.
  2. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

Yes it is in R31..1 in the intro, 2 in game 1 in Ardoris, and i dont remeber the other location. ck the forums. i didint see anything about the cost..

Jamet likes this.
  3. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

No worries Jamet, there are plans to be able to change the look of your character in-game, post wipe. I don't know if you'll be able to change everything, but hopefully anytime character creation gets upgraded, they'll pass out free 'new-you' tokens to the pre-existing players.

Aedon and Jamet like this.
  4. Mata

Mata Avatar

Jamet and Miracle Dragon like this.
  5. Merchant Mike

Merchant Mike Avatar

I would like to see more options in hairstyles. I do not want braids, cannot abide short hair on my character either. Also, when I choose green eyes for my character it would be nice if they looked green and not muddy brown. I know things are still in the works and hope that improvements to avatars is among them. Also, since we had to create our characters before any improvements are made to avatars it would be nice if we were given a one time free change to our avatars instead of being charged to do so.

6. Baba39

Baba39 Avatar

I'm female and I like to make male alts in MMOs that are handsome and I've made my character a male one in SOTA. I wish there were many more faces, more hairstyle and a muscle slider were added.

I personally don't find the sole face handsome at all. I did my best to make it the least ugly as I could, and the only thing that left me satisfied is the nose. More faces should be added and 1 face is not enough.

Also, my character seems to have a 6 packs, which I personally find quite disgraceful and ugly, so a muscle slider which would have less like athletic and normal would be nice. I personally prefer normal.

I've found the character creation quite disappoiting.

I think the hottest handsomest male character I've made is the one I play in Final Fantasy XIV: A Real Reborn.

Here are screenshots:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/wolfyjames/media/ffxiv/me as BRD NEW_zpsftwa1ihk.jpg.html

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/wolfyjames/media/ffxiv/korbash_03_zps8fgrl1id.jpg.html

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/wolfyjames/media/ffxiv/korbash02_zps183073d9.jpg.html

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/wolfyjames/media/ffxiv/happyholidays_zps8287e87f.jpg.html

ildaron and Kara Brae like this.
  7. ildaron

ildaron Avatar

I understand the game is early access and the dev team is quite small, but I thought I would echo my thoughts. I hope in the future that characters do end up with a slider to customize their size. My character is feeling a bit like Gaston which proves that despite being a wizard he looks like a lumber jack, can chop down any tree, climb any wall, and call any woman to fall in love with him with his muscles.

Naturally RL me is intimidated and so I have taken to jogging, doing some push ups to keep up with my Avatar.

Lord-Galiwyn likes this.
  8. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

@Mata can you send links to your favorite German music, so the AR DJ's can have them to use.. Thanks

Mata likes this.
  9. Mata

Mata Avatar

Oups, sorry Galiwyn for this late answer... i was for few days not logged in. :/
    I hear the most time english (singing/speaking) music/songs.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  10. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Just dont understand why the hair color template shows one thing but once its on your avatar it looks totally different. Auburn/Red template but on the toon it looks pinkish.......and the Black looks almost like a really dark gray. Not sure about this. Just spend 5 cotos to change my hair style and color and not happy at all. Come one guys...even crayons look like their color

11. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Please post in bug forums

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.