Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Character customization, particularly female

Discussion in 'Release 12 Feedback' started by eidobunny, Dec 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eidobunny

eidobunny Avatar

Hello,

I know we're really early in the development cycle and lots of customization is not to be expected, but I'm here to provide my feedback anyway.

First impression is that everyone plays males and probably not because they want to, but because the females look ATROCIOUS. Like, the proportions are off by too much, they pretty much always look kinda dwarfey. The hair doesn't match the ear location, so you look completely goofy if you choose any of the hairstyles except bob, bald, and mohawk. Basically as it stands right now, all the the female models are ugly. Please work on your female proportion customization as well as basic things like placing the hair and ears on the head correctly. Every female doesn't need to be like "Hollywood perfect" or anything, but allow for some room to play with maybe like head size, crotch position (longer/shorter legs/torso, etc.), and other bodily proportions as needed to allow people to make a character that they want to play. If you're selling yourself as a primarily roleplaying experience, people should have a bit more freedom to make a PERMANENT CHARACTER enjoyable to play / look at.

Eido

2. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I have to agree with you here, the Female model needs "the Golden Ratio"... No matter whether they are short or tall the "Golden Ratio" is needed... If you look at a figure and measure from the feet to the shoulders, the belt line should be closer to the shoulders, than the feet... Ideally its a 60/40 ratio, 60% legs, 40% body... place any head on that body and it will look great...

Destroying Angel likes this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

the female avatar the softer side click here

Welcome eidobunny to SOTA. The female face is brand new and not finished. I have fought the battle long and hard. See the link above for discussion on it. +Also with Unity 5 more will be done for her, she is so much improved, her eyes blink, you can see the the hard work, but if you didn't see her before look at the link and you will see some pics. I know there are issues still but we are on the way now. the previous avatar was bad to me., I see the promise in her now.

4. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

There can never be too many boobies in-game and in RL.

Tahru, Moonshadow and E n v y like this.
  5. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

+1

6. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

I'm a real life female and I think the female characters look just fine the way they are. I would only appreciate more hairstyles, but even that is low priority to me.

I don't think the females look atrocious. And I definitely do not want a change in their bust size.

steanne and Heskel like this.
  7. CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow Avatar

The OP started off on decently unsound footing and the thread has been allowed to continue to spiral into total disrespect.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em?

Captain Jack wants to, ahem, "role play" also. Captain Jack wishes to role play as a very conceited and vain male who has total control over his subordinate female avatar.

Requirements:
    1. Must have wood the entire time I am driving my female avatar.
    2. Must have total crotch positioning control.
    3. Must have total independent control over body fat ratio on every body part.
    4. Must be able to change head size to either sub or super human sizes, cos Barbie.
    5. Girls are always perfectly arranged and composed IRL where there is never any weather, Captain Jack can't be having his avatar with hair... HANGING OVER EARS!!! No, not cool, give Captain Jack some scissors kplsthx.
    6. Makeup. Must have makeup. If Captain Jack can't take a dagger, scrape his avatar's face with the blade and then do a painting, you are doing it wrong.
    7. Access to a shirt that has the quote "Its all about the bass"

This makes Captain Jack think... There must be things girls would like to change about the male avatar too. Captain Jack may start a thread about that with a few ideas later if he can wash the same off himself for having to read this one.

steanne likes this.
  8. Amelung

Amelung Avatar

Hello,
    in Age of Conan you are able to make thick, thin, boobie ^^ also 'normal' characters. Clear also beauties ;) (and nasty). I want only to show one of hundreds possibilities of a female there in a MMOG programm six years old...... And its a normal screenshot, nothing polished.

[​IMG]

majoria70 likes this.
  9. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

I would like this, bar is kinda high

Lord Baldrith and majoria70 like this.
  10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Thanks for showing, and what a beautiful female in that video. I had not seen this one, and believe me I have looked. ;) I'm not sure how far they will go in the character customization possibilities, but the SOTA female character herself has come a long way. She is more the Angelina Jolie face, just so much a softer look than she was before. Right now it is difficult to look much different from other characters, so I would love to see us be able to have the ability to more customize our character looks so she/he doesn't look just like everyone else, and also to have many more choicess in clothing for in town wear and out adventuring wear for our role play aspect of the game.:)

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  11. Askeal

Askeal Avatar

all i have to say is what is up with the lower half of the female characters body? it looks the character went through muscle loss on a protein scale and her bones in her pelvis have been given brittle bone disease .

We all know more customization option will come in the future and polish phase of the game but now with Unity 5 so close to implimentation, i say ,show the characters and animations some love.

ps: no "Fable" frumpy as all hell looking armour on the females pls ,i understand the right to equality in everything ,but the fact remains if it dosen't look right or appealing i would rather play in nothing....thnx by ..and no granny panty's blaaargh! ^__^

Tahru likes this.
  12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

[​IMG]
    ****************************************************************************************
    Believe me the female avatar has improved much lol. Here is an early shot for you to enjoy. Many
    were very dismayed about this look. I truly love the new face we have. I do hope we'll get more customization
    and perhaps rigging adjustments for walking not dragging feet and running to be fixed up a bit. Thanks
    for your thoughts.

Lord Baldrith, Tahru and Caliya like this.
  13. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

I still want to know why people focus so much on the female character builds. I can't believe the male customization. They are so overly muscular, it's ridiculous. Their arms look like veins are about to pop out and they have been heavy weight lifting for a decade. I mean, c'mon.

Lord Baldrith, Tahru and majoria70 like this.
  14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

LOL I know what you mean. It was a long battle and I think improvements are still coming out even though the team is so busy. :)

edit**** I hated to drag that poor woman out of the mothballs lol, she's the worste I have. I think
    I take more pictures now.;)

15. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

It's a wonder she was able to hold her arms up with mostly bones for arms. hehe It's good they've been making improvements. :)

Tahru and majoria70 like this.
  16. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Good point! My mage is an old man and he looks all wrong shirtless :)

Caliya, Tahru and Gabriel Nightshadow like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.