Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Check out Tenebris Harbor to see what town siege and POT resource nodes could be

Discussion in 'Release 28 Feedback Forum' started by Roycestein Kaelstrom, Apr 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

I did some random walk around Resolute region and stumble upon an adventure zone called "Tenebris Harbor". It seems to be based on Kingsport/Etceter template with town buildings and ports filled with bandits and satyrs along with mining, forestry nodes, and some sheep. Pretty awesome! While this is an adventure zone, but it showed me that how smooth town siege and POT resource node can be implemented IMO.

Leelu likes this.
  2. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

3. Malchor1

Malchor1 Avatar

The entrance to this scene is quite close to the town as well. This is much closer to what our POT Hawkwind Harbor was supposed to be like as opposed to the generic template currently at our disposal

Leelu likes this.
  4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

The reason why it can have resource nodes is because of the opposing critters. POTs do not have something guarding spots, and could be exclusive so those are two very strong reasons why they should not have resources.

Leelu likes this.
  5. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

There are plenty of nodes that are unguarded everywhere.. not sure how that is a point.. but as per the OP, yes this is how it could look when they implement nodes, or sieges.. I am very interested in town sieges.

Leelu likes this.
  6. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

You brought up a good point there. Since dynamic POT resource spawner is a post wipe feature, there will probably be some talks about it a few months from now. Although even with 5-skull zones, these mobs that guarding the place are now merely flies to me at this point, so not much different whether there is something guarding or not when it comes to harvesting these nodes. However, I don't mind having stuff guarding the node, more things to kill would be more XP and loot.

Anyway, but my current focus is more about the look of the resource node placements blended in very well in the area. They actually look more like POT decorations, not just a lump of resource spot for people to gather.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
    Weins201 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.