Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Chest privacy bug

Discussion in 'Release 32 Dev+' started by uhop, Aug 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uhop

uhop Avatar

1) Private wooden storage chest in a locked house on a private access lot, yet I cannot put certain items in it (hoe, seeds, crystal swords) because it is "publicly accessible" (no it is not, OTOH who cares?) "because it" (hoe!) "cannot be traded". I verified permissions, everything looks fine, yet I am stuck with an extra hoe, seeds, and unused swords. All other items (more valuable than a hoe or seeds!) were transferred fine. No biggie --- I'll try to put them back in the bank.

2) When I had this chest on me, I put a backpack with items in it for my convenience. I tried to place it as is, and got a message that some permissions cannot be changed. I removed the backpack, and placed it. Then I tried to put the backpack in it, and ... it said I cannot place non-empty containers. I understand that it may be a game restriction, yet the whole business seems confusing: sometimes you can do it, sometimes you cannot, permission errors, and so on.

2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

U answered you own questions it is because the cannot be traded, if oyu put them ina chest and later changed the access then the items oculd be taken out.

So those items- which have 0 value cannot be moved anywhere but char or bank.

Not a bug, a security design.

ALso this is a QA forums which really are not used anymore :-(

3. uhop

uhop Avatar

Thank you for sharing an interesting theory. Unfortunately it doesn't pan out: all items (~100) in the chest have 0 value. In fact, it is my whole starter kit, which is likely completely untradeable. On top of that the hoe is actually bought from a vendor (by mistake), and it didn't come from the original starter kit. Not sure how security relates to the bought hoe.

About a possibility to change the access at some future point preventing placing items: probably it is better to do it while changing the access, not moving items around. Actually it (checking the insides) is already done --- see my #2 above with an error message about permissions (I hope the internal error message is not a part of the design).

Regarding the abandoned forum: I would love to know where to post bugs. To save time: the in-game command "/bug" does not work for me for some reason. It opens an empty page. My understanding is that it goes to some forum anyway, so I don't mind to go there manually.

Thank you in advance.

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.