Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Chests are sayying currently in use

Discussion in 'Release 35 Bug Forum' started by Bow Vale, Oct 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

10/27/2016 7:35 PM
    Title: When double clicking on chests in house i get this message 95% of the time on initial attempt
    Reproduction Rate: Often, 90%, it might not also happen the 2nd/3rd attempt. I can always get open in end but after may tries.
    Blocker? No as can get open eventually
    Details: Any chest in house is having this issue. I have had it before on other releases but it was intermittent, this release it seems to be on 90% attempts to open.
    Steps to Reproduce: Attempt to open a chest
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 16326
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 GPU RAM: 4060
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.495.Date.10.26.16
    Area: PRT_island_metropolis_01/Parrot's Roost
    Area Display Name: Parrot's Roost
    Loc: (-93.9, 89.0, -56.4)

2. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

@Bow Vale, Thank you for reporting. This issue has been reported to the Team for review. Have you unchecked "Enable Decoration Mode" from the Game Settings? Box can be checked or unchecked. In Decoration Mode the chest often thinks you are trying to move it and gives that message.

Bow Vale likes this.
  3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Out of curiosity, are you trying to open the chest multiple times? This message would normally happen if someone tries to open a chest that is already actively working to open itself for someone else. It's in the middle of an action. Depending on the number of items a chest has in it, it could take time for a chest to open for its first time as the game communicates with the server to indicate just what all items are stored inside. :)

Bow Vale likes this.
  4. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I just double click on it, i may double click quite fast but the times it does open i don't click on it any different to what i do other times. I know what you mean as that was my assumption as well. I have just gone back and tried to open a number of chests, about 100 times in all. It only did it on a few occasions. However on some of the occasions it did open fine, i clicked on purpose a zillion times and it still opened, so i don't think the to much clicking stops it opening. It does seem a little better at moment, i imagine it is to do with server communication somewhere, being from Europe my connection to yourselves might not be optimal. I can live with it anyway but i don't think its being to impatient as i tried being very impatient with it and it worked fine...typical :)

5. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

It was ticked, i have unticked it now. You may be correct in what you say as i sometimes see a movement on it when i try and open. That's possible the cause i will see. Thank you

6. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

It happened to me once when I went into my basement. Then I waited a few seconds and tried again, and it still wouldn't work. My deco mode was off. (I leave it off unless I specifically need it because it screws with dragging stacks of items.)

I exited and re-entered the basement and then it worked.

basement is below Kingsport (18.8, 25.5, -12.6) in case it matters. I just went in again and it worked when I tried it.

7. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

@Bow Vale, @Elwyn. Thank you checking on this issue. I submitted this issue earlier for Team review. Sounds like it may be a little more than just getting out of Decoration Mode even though it does help.

Bow Vale likes this.
  8. Selene

Selene Avatar

I can confirm experiencing this one, too. Even with deco mode off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.