1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Chris's Release 10 Ramblings!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chris, Oct 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daniel2855

daniel2855 Avatar

That's a great idea with the levelling, you guys are awesome. Keep it up.
    No-one wants to play the 500th remake of wow. Keep the originality coming, the game is looking like I would want it to look being a long time ultima fan.

2. Lord Spaz

Lord Spaz Avatar

sry I meant to say UO...

UO the bible of all MMOs

youre right with all the programms used it made mage possible to play for some people all the other had the option to go warrior and still do good if geared

3. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

That's not what I said... :)
    UO has had multiple players since the beginning, however the old Ultima(s) did not (You know that other part of the Ultima legacy that was before UO, on which SotA is *also* built!)...

Sir Cabirus and Net like this.
  4. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome daniel2855!

Sunswords and Bodhbh Dearg like this.
  5. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

Yeah... Welcome on board! :)

Mata likes this.
  6. Lord Spaz

Lord Spaz Avatar

sorry I misread my own post meant to say UO :p
    yes I started playing at Ultima7 since then I bought them all luckily I got to start with the best of them all wich was Ultima7 and the reason why I loved UO so much was because it was very close to U7 with an online comunity

Sota isnt going to be like U7 since its not an open world its the reason why me personally know I wont like Sota like I did U7 and UO. I wonder how many more years it will take to make a game similar to those titles... Sadly Sota wont be what I expected at first

Wich doesnt mean it will be bad just not what I wanted, back to gta online u know why? the got an open world wooooo

7. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I think you are the only person I have ever heard say UO was close to Ultima 7....if you mean by graphical sure....itw as somewhat close...but other then that...

8. Lord Spaz

Lord Spaz Avatar

you could travel to any place on the map you had diffrent professions tzhere were boats no horses but a carriage and you could pick up any item u saw can u see some similarities thou?

you actually had the feeling to be out on adventure

and no the UO graphics were like in Pagan they definatly have nothing in common :p

9. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Think well ever have an option to place anything in our bags anywhere in our house? I think that would be an awesome option, we could integrate reagent on the shelf next to the alchemy table etc... everytime i try to place the Hoe or rake or yolk somewhere it doesnt let me!

10. Lord Spaz

Lord Spaz Avatar

probably yeah

11. Logain

Logain Avatar

[V] Check

[V] Check

[V] Check

[V] Check

[V] Check

You actually described the planned feature list of SotA Episode 2 there (in the same limitations as you had with U7/UO, since you could ~NOT~ move to any tile on the map and could ~NOT~ take up every 'pixel item' there).

Spoon likes this.
  12. Lord Spaz

Lord Spaz Avatar

True not every item but most things u saw you could touch yea most those things will be in sota the big point is the world divided in instances and wqith such small instances I dont see why we would require horses but youre keeping my hopes up thank you for that Il be satisfied once i see it I guess

13. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Part of what made U7 so good was the NPC's and story...which UO had cookie cutter npc's and no story whatsoever.

14. Lord Spaz

Lord Spaz Avatar

true the dialogues are unseen so far even if there was no story UO had many things other companies still havnt been able to do yet and the game is 15 years old that either speaks for thew genius of UO or ofr the crappy games since then bit of both Id say

15. Logain

Logain Avatar

Encumbrance, overland map, outmanoeuvring an opponent due to increased speed, here's multiple possible reasons really.

You're most welcome!

Jivalax Azon and Bodhbh Dearg like this.
  16. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

Nice rig, even with the shoes. But this also brought another thought to mind..... Can you *swim* in plate? I would think you should not be able to, but I don't know if they want to go that far in the game. And yes, I am still a Noob (Noobette?) - I have not tried to swim in plate, although I imagine you can at this point - my question is whether or not you *should* be able to swim in plate.....

17. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

In my opinion you should swim like a brick but you're right, they might not want to go that far in the game! :) Perhaps they might just make people in medium or heavy armour swim slower than others instead?

18. Lord Spaz

Lord Spaz Avatar

Was referring to the instances being possibly too small to make riding a horse intresting

blaquerogue and mikeaw1101 like this.
  19. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

Agreed. What use is a mount in this game unless you can use some lame "teleport" skill with it to fast travel. Even if you could do that, it would still seem too much like a phone app and not a real crpg.

20. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

i would say no, chain and plate have a habit of dragging you under! but if your wearing the magical "Knightki"sneakers of water walking then, thats a whole new conversation!:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.