Church of the Dark Star - (Almost) Every Saturday 11am NBT

Discussion in 'Release 56 Events' started by Amber Raine, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR) Moderator Ambassador

[​IMG]
    Church services will be held on a semi-regular scheduled program of every Saturday on Avatars Radio.

Should Amber not be able to attend. Please be advised that Church of the Dark Star services will still be aired on Avatars Radio at 9am PST, 10am MST, 11am CST, 12 EST.

All services will be posted to Sound Cloud there on after the posted times weekly for those who may miss the live service.

Thank you for your patience, understanding and well wished thoughts that helped our High Priestess return to her post and what she loves most.

May the shadows of night keep and protect you all..... always.

2. Amber Raine

Church of the Dark Star Service

Topic: Complaining, Can we just not?
    Time: 11am NBT

Please tune in to Avatars Radio as all services are in text and in voice.

3. 3devious

3devious Avatar

Well there will be a whole S-pile of complaining if something stupid prevents me from attending, I need my "get over yourself" fix BIG TIME! This week on my side of the rift has been as palatable as Reddit (and not just because some alt-right folks are doing a demonstration in our nation's capital.) I hope we both can make it today!

Amber Raine likes this.
  4. Amber Raine

Yesterdays church service for those that missed it:

Topic: Complaining - Can We Just Not

There is so much complaining going on in the world that it is truly destroying the positive peace of our society. It is hard to not complain but with a little training you can find the way to see the positives no matter how negative things look.

August 11th 2018

5. Amber Raine

Following along with last weeks topic of "Complaining - Can we Just not" this week we "Settle our Issues"

Even when we have tried to stop complaining, so many of us think that we still have issues and are frustrated that we have them and are trying not to complain about them.. Let's discuss how to settle those issues.

Church of the Dark Star Service

Topic: Let's Settle Our Issues
    Time: 11am NBT

Please tune in to Avatars Radio as all services are in text and in voice.

--- New --- If you are looking for your own text version of any service please let me know. I will happily bring all services into books in the game. All you have to do is request the one you would like. Donations for this service are appreciated but never requested or expected, ((just like tithing))

3devious and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  6. Amber Raine

Good Morning, Good Afternoon and Good Evening Everyone, welcome to the church of the Dark Star, I am Amber Raine, High Priestess of Chaos and you are listening to Avatars Radio.

Danellosi Mellonamin, Bienvenue Tout la monde, Good Morrow friends and family. How are we all on this fantastically glorious Saturday?

Hey, it's another double xp weekend, ya'll are doing fantastic right? ... right?

Yea, I didn't think so, infact I think everybody in here this morning probably has got some kind of problem or another. You may be more or less aware of them depending on how much you focus on them. But after the things I have heard this past week, I think more of us are leaning on the "paying too much attention to them."

And after last weeks discussion on stopping our complaining it just took me by surprise to still hear so many talking about the issues that they had in their life. As if they were life shattering conditions that were stopping their world and it was never going to get better.

I think it was because of these conversations that made this discussion even more important to talk about today, Lets talk about settling those issues so we can stop complaining about them.

I actually was in one of these very conversations last night and someone asked me what is the biggest concern in my life right now. You know I couldn't for the life of me think of anything that I was terribly concerned about and I know it's simply because I don't focus on what's wrong in my life anymore.

Believe me I could spend hours and days and weeks worrying and stressing about all of the negatives in my life and making myself miserable but I have decided I really do not have time for that. I have lived through so much and wasted too much time doing that, I just don't have time for it anymore.

So I focus on the good things, even though there are negatives in my life and several of you know what has been going on around me in the past couple months, but I just don't focus on it or let it get me down anymore.

But I used to, I used to focus on what was wrong to a point I would make myself sick with worry.

But if I can change, so can you. Even if you have a tendency to go in that direction drastically daily, you can change and you're doing yourself a favor when you change. You will find more happiness and start seeing the things you thought were horribly life shattering. Really are not.

Something that my best friend keeps telling me, I think is very important for you to hear this morning, is we need to do what we can do about the things in our lives that we can do something about and then when we cannot do anything about it we need to let that go and let those who can, handle it and trust them to do so.

and while they are handling it, it is perfectly OK for you to enjoy your life even while this problem exists. Did you hear me. I said it is perfectly okay. For you to go ahead and enjoy your life while your problem is being worked on.

It's not that you are ignoring the issue and nothing is being done to fix it, or change it, or remedy it. it's just that you're not the one that's doing it. You are not the one who is meant to fix it, you are not the one making something happen.

So whatever you have going on in your life this morning. Don't waste one more day with excessive sadness and grief and depression and discouragement. You can't do anything about it. You've done what you can do, let someone else have a turn.

We have an open path before us that branches off in all sorts of directions, where all possibilities are possible. You keep hearing me say that weekly, one of these weeks you are going to believe me.

You have done all you can do in this particular situation, it is now your time to let it go. Elsa had it right, when you have done all you can do, just let it go. Others will do what they need to do about it.

This path of enlightenment and abundance in offerings that we walk upon was paved so that you might be able to enjoy your life, to have an abundance to the fullest until it overflows.

If we sit and focus on the things that we can not do anything about, If we waste our days in sadness and mourning, we are totally wasting away and going to miss what opportunities are laying right before us.

See that path to your right? It is full of sadness, dispair and misery, full of branches and thrones and hurdles and issues. The path to your left however, that one wants to lead you to where things are good.

Everybody here has got something they could be upset about if they chose to focus on it but you don't have to focus on that. Truth is, what we focus on is what we magnify. The definition of magnify means to make larger in size

and what we focus on is what we magnify in our lives, what we talk about, think about, complain about, is what we become more consciously aware of in our lives.

If there's a problem that needs to be dealt with it, deal with it. But don't focus on it. Do not let yourself get trapped in a stand still with it. Life is chess it isn't checkers. Do not let yourself get check mated by standing still to problems.

Think about the possibilities in your life not the problems in your life, simply said look away from all that will distract you from the good things in your life. Learn to celebrate!

Part of Settling the issues with your negatives is learning how to celebrate the joy in your positives.

We are going to talk this morning about celebrating and we may do that in different ways, for somebody to celebrate might be to take a day off. For someone else it might mean to go fishing and see if they can capture that one that got away, for yet someone else it might mean heading into the PvP dungeon and competing for a round or two.

we need to learn how to do things in our lives to take time to celebrate our victories and to give ourselves a break if you never give yourself a break you get burned out. Did you hear me? If you never give yourself a break, you will burn out. And you can't wait for somebody else to give you one you gotta give yourself one.

I had this conversation quite recently actually with our Liege Lord DarkStarr when he asked if we should still have 2 release parties. And I quite honestly said "I have always questioned that, if you do too much, you are going to burn out. If you burn out, we lose you. I don't wish to risk that."

You have to give yourself a break don't ever feel guilty for resting. Learn how to celebrate the good. instead of grieving excessively over the bad things in life. And taking a break, is not a bad thing. Rest, relax and celebrate.

Two quotes today that I will kind of use as a foundation, the first one being one of my very favorites spoken by my great great grandfather Elmdor and I can get so many messages out of this. He simply said "Do not let yourself be overcome by negatives. But overcome and master negatives with good."

Don't you love that? you can apply that in so many different ways to your life. my ex husband abused me and tossed me out like yesterdays garbage and for years I focused on what he did to me and then I finally started using my life to do something good and by doing good with the life that I had left. I overcame the negatives that I started out in.

No matter where you started out in life, no matter what turn you took on your path, or which direction someone else pointed you in, you can have a good finish. It doesn't really matter where you began or how dark it was before you turned the lights on, you have got a lot of light and positives coming to you.

It is right there in front of you but you have to cooperate with it and can not let the negatives build up a wall against it. Those issues are only as big as they are because you are letting them become bigger by focusing on them. Magnifying them.

You know why we can overcome negatives with good? Because if you make enough good habits there will be no room in your life for bad habits.

Sadly, I think we focus on trying to break the bad habit and all we end up doing is getting deeper and deeper in trouble because we're focusing on what we're doing wrong and then we end up not focusing on what we can do right.

Like for example instead of focusing on trying to lose weight you could focus on eating healthy. And then if you eat healthy you will lose weight. It goes that way in every single area of your life.

I don't even have to worry about fighting against depression or sadness or my issues all the time, all I have to do is get up everyday determined that I am going to have a good day no matter what.

It doesn't matter what happens that is negative, I am going to find one thing in it that is positive and that one thing will take all the power out of the negative. It will no longer be as big as we thought it was. The magnifying glass will be removed from above it and it will shrink to a size we can handle.

Now to some of you real positive people this may be really easy for you. But some of you are the way that I used to be, some of you are somewhere in between and you think it's just impossible not to think about everything that's wrong in your life because you feel responsible to fix it.

Well you can't do something about something that you can't do anything about. And so if you can't do anything about it then you might as well let it go and go ahead and enjoy your life. What most people do is they cast the responsibility away and keep the care.

What I mean is they say "okay I will let someone else handle it." but then they sit around and worry about the problem all the time.

You know one of the things you can do when you have a problem that you can't solve is go be a blessing to somebody else. Right? You caught that right? one of the things you can do when you have a problem that you can't solve is you can go and be a blessing to somebody else that's something you can do on purpose

you don't have to feel like doing that. You don't even need to want to do it, you can just know that it's a principle of the virtues "I've got some negatives going on in my life and I'm going to overcome it by going and being good to somebody."

And when you do there's a joy that's released in your life and then you get your mind off of what's wrong in your life and on to what you can do to be a blessing to somebody else.

Now, we are going to Look at a very familiar story called the story of the prodigal son, there are so many many lessons in this story and I want to draw out a little bit of a different one perhaps this morning then what we have looked at before.

"..And he said there was a certain man who had 2 sons. And the younger of them said to his father give me the part of the property that belongs to me. And he divided the estate between them..."

now notice when the younger one asked for his inheritance he also gave the elder brother his inheritance too. He didn't just give it to the younger one but he gave it to both of them.

so at that point they both had all the opportunity that they could possibly want, I also want to make mention, although I am not going teach on this tonight, I do what you to notice that the younger brother started out with a "give me, give me, give me" attitude.

Give me my inheritance and I think everyone starts with that immature state, we all start immature and we grow into maturity if we're doing what we should be doing we always kind of start out with give me this give me this give me this do this for me do this for me make this happen I need this I want this.

But we will not stay that way, you'll see by the end of the story the younger brother who started out with "give me" comes full circle.

And so we know what happened. If you're not familiar with this I'm just gonna kind of fast forward and tell you about it.

The young man took his inheritance he left home. And he wasted it all. He had all kinds of loose women, he dranke, he ate, he wasted it all and got to the point he had no money and so he had to go to work for a pig farmer who didn't treat him very well and he ended up actually having to eat the same food that the pigs ate.

And then it says that he suddenly came to himself, it was like the light bulb went on "oh I don't think this was a very good idea."

Now it's interesting what a trip through the pig pen of life will do for us.

It's amazing how that alters our thinking and changes things for us because it was that little journey that took him from "give me" to "make me".

Then he went back to the father he said I am going to return to my father. I will get up and I will go to my father and I will say to him father I have done wrong against you and in your sight I am no longer worthy to be called your son but just make me like one of your hired servants.

so he got up and he came to his own father but while he was still a long way off the father saw him and was moved with pity and tenderness for him and he ran to him and embraced him.

now the thing that goes on to happen is immediately the father orders a party. He orders a celebration, now I want you to notice he did everything he could he gave him clothes, he gave him a ring, he gave him sandals, he commanded the fatted calf, the best calf to be slaughtered, to have great food for this party.

Interesting enough he didn't say to him "well I'm not really sure how you're going to behave in the future so I'm not going to throw a party till I checked you out to see what's going to happen."

He didn't say "I don't know if I can ever trust you again so now I'm gonna have to have a year or 2 to rebuild trust"

he didn't rehash everything that the boy had done wrong he didn't try to make him feel worse but you know what the father did, out of all the things that the boy did wrong, he focused he zeroed in on the one good thing that was happening right now and that was my son has come home and he threw a party.

I love that. You know there are all kinds of stuff that we can be upset about, you can be upset about all kinds of stuff at work are you can focus on the fact that you got a job.

And I mean if you really dislike it that much there probably is some person who's been without one for 3 or 4 years that would take it off your hands.

You may focus on everything that's wrong with say, if you are a lady, with your husband. Constantly complaining " this is wrong and that's wrong this is wrong and that's wrong.."

well you know there's probably some lonely ladies who would be happy to take him off your hands. Would some of you ladies even take an imperfect specimen if you could just have somebody to eat a meal with him and be with?.

And so we we need to learn how to focus on the good things. I believe that we are given this opportunity to stop rehashing all the negatives about ourselves and all the things that are wrong with you every day.

you need to focus on your progress, stop looking at how far you have to go on your path and what you have not yet done and what you don't have and what you can't do let's do a turn around this morning,

and let's learn how to focus on the positive things in life and not just focus on them but let's have an all out party. Let's celebrate with crazy festivities how far you have come.

I can feel your joy lifting already. "Wow I don't worry about my problems I can have a party?"

Let's think again about the story with this. Prodigal son because I really like this.

This guy he wasted all that he was given, threw it all away, abandoned everything.

I'm sure this father worked very hard for his money. And he saved it and he wanted to divide it between his sons so he gave half his fortune to this boy who just went out and blew it all. Just, wasted it.

And he not only wasted it but he lived a life that was totally against what is father believed. And then when he wasted everything, he came back.

And not once did the father tried to make him feel bad. He didn't rehash everything he did wrong. He didn't hold at arms length. He didn't make him pay. For what he done wrong. He focused on the one good thing my son was lost and now he's found he has come home and we are going to have a party.

now, the elder brother, kind of got his nose out of joint. And he said you gave him the fattest calf. And you would not even so much as give me a skinny goat. You never gave me a party.

And you know what his father said? Son, you have been with me the whole time you can have a party any time you want to.

Looking out amongst all of you here in the garden, all of you listening on Avatars Radio, later on Soundcloud... Did you know, you can have a party any time you decide to! Yes you can!

Life can become a party and I'm not talking about being irresponsible and just living like a fluff head. I'm talking about learning how to enjoy every single thing that you do. you can enjoy your work, you can enjoy your drive to work, you can enjoy your family, even in our imperfect state,

you can enjoy yourself, even in your imperfect state, you can enjoy your imperfect friends, you're in perfect life, all you gotta do is learn how to focus on the good stuff and stop staring at everything and talking about everything wrong all the time.

Everybody in here this morning can have a new load of joy, this is not just a message for one person this is for who so ever will. It's up to you.

Let's have a shift. In our thinking. Let's have a shift in what we're focusing on surely you can find something in your life to focus on that's worth celebrating.

How many you have changed at all since you joined me on my walk with this church 4 years ago? All right, how many of you still have a long way to go? all right now we can focus on how far we have to go.

I mean if you want to do that I can make you feel rotten about 5 minutes. I mean I'm sure that if I really worked on it I could bring you to tears in here this morning.

But we are not going to focus on that. We are going to focus on your progress. And how far you've come we're gonna be excited about the things are yet to be done that we know are being worked on.

And when the negative voices pop up to remind you of all your mistakes. You're going to thank it for reminding you of how good it feels to be okay with loving an imperfect you.

Now. The elder brother stayed outside the house where the party was going on, let's imagine it, the music is playing. The feast is on. The food is being served. I mean if there's music there's dancing there's lights and he's outside in the dark.

And even though people were trying to bring him in, pleaded for him to come in and join the fun. He refused to go to the party but you know the thing that I noticed? He did not stop the party from happening.

And you know what you can go to the party or you can stay outside the party but the party is on!

So it's kind of up to you if you want to go or if you don't want to go you can sit outside and think about the skinny goat you never had. Or you can forget about the skinny goat you didn't have and go on inside and join the festivities.

We need to stop looking at what everybody else has got a being jealous of them and envious of them and comparing it to what we think we don't have.

let me tell you something every single person has got something special going on in their life that somebody else doesn't have, all you gotta do is look at it.

There's no reason to be jealous of anybody else just because you don't have what they have you've got something that they don't have either.

Celebration. Do you know that if we don't learn how to celebrate in life. Let me say it like this, there are a lot of difficult things going on in the world and there's a lot of difficult things going on in everybody's lives.

you know you might be in a period right now where you've got a trial or a tribulation . You might be in a period right now where there's not any huge thing going on your life that you would categorize as a problem

but we all know that there are times when we have difficulties. And there are times when we don't.

So dealing with issues is just part of what we have to do, the washing machine broken down or the car breaking down or when your kids disappointing you are a friend disappointing you or getting laid off from their job, whatever it is.

We all have to deal with issues of life and one of the ways that we can prevent them from overwhelming us. Is if we learn how to celebrate the things that we should celebrate.

When I say celebrate you can do that in any way that suits you. It might be taking a walk out in nature it might be going to a nice coffee shop with a friend and and having a Cup of coffee, it might be flying across the country to go see a concert you've been waiting 30 years to see.

It is whatever you want to do, when I say let's have a party I'm not tell you to go throw some big party, bring in Avatars Radio and invite 100 people to come, you can do that if you want, Like they are doing on Sunday at 7pm!! ((shameless plug for Kyriana))

I'm talking more about an attitude of celebration I'm talking about living with an attitude of celebration and you know one of the main things that you should celebrate is you.

I know for a fact that each and everyone of you gives me a reason to celebrate and if you won't celebrate you.. I know i certainly will, every single imperfect part of all of you, I am going to celebrate right now!

Whose with me? Pop up party in the church? Right here.. Right now? Let's celebrate just being us! Let's do this!

3devious and Sean Silverfoot like this.