Church of the Dark Star - Every Saturday 11am NBT

Discussion in 'Recurring Player Events' started by Amber Raine, Aug 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

Please join us every Saturday, 11am NBT, for more riveting discussions. And most importantly to take in the breath taking sights that can be created, when you have the land to build on, the passion in your heart and a desire to represent that which touches you most.

When: Every Saturday 11am NBT
    Where: Church of the Dark Star - Location mentioned every week (we have several now)
    What: High Priestess of Chaos Amber Raine and Dean of Novian Academy Kazyn Phoenixfyre, shall be hosting services inside the Church of the Dark Star

For those that are unable to attend but have interest in listening to them, whether for catch up or simply because you can not make the posted times. They have been and will continue to be posted on sound cloud.

Thank you to all those that have joined us in the past two years.

** If you have a subject you would like us to touch on please do not hesitate to let us know. We are more then happy to take on the challenge. Message Amber Raine or Kazyn Phoenixfyre. **

Krohon, Time Lord, Lace and 3 others like this.
  2. Amber Raine

Topic of the week: Competition - Thanks to the challanges faced by the land rush ((thank you Brother Kazyn for the suggestion))
    Location: PaxLair - Church of the Dark Star Area in upper PaxLair

Have you a subject you would like us to challenge? Let us hear from you!

Thank you for the continued support .

Krohon, Time Lord, Acred and 4 others like this.
  3. Amber Raine

Service Time: 11am NBT (9am PST) - Saturday August 20th

Topic of the week: Being Scared - and how one faces their fears.

Sometimes changes are necessary and the biggest thing keeping us from those changes is fear. Fear of Loss, Fear of the Process, Fear of the Outcome...

Its okay to be scared. But how do we face it when we are?

Location: PaxLair - Church of the Dark Star Area in upper PaxLair

Have you a subject you would like us to challenge? Let us hear from you!
    Thank you for the continued support .

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    Krohon, Time Lord, Fringe and 2 others like this.
  4. Amber Raine

Mae Govennan y Danellosi mellonamin, Greetings and well met friends and family.

This weeks service September 3rd 2016, will be held in Rift's End. Please note that this week we will not have an "official" service as many of our friends and family will be off across the rift to Atlanta and a place full of Dragons. This week we will gather in friendship and partying. Because, why not :)

For those that join us, please come to Rifts End and then after join us for Lace Delamorte's Emote Party happening at 1pm

Dragon Speed and May the Shadows of Night keep and protect you all!

Krohon, Time Lord, Acred and 3 others like this.
  5. Amber Raine

[​IMG]

drops a little note from the officials at the Church of the Dark Star:

"Patient Zero has been rumoured to have been found"
    We are looking deeper into this. It is said that those that can attend the Garden of Chaos (in Rifts End) on Saturday 11am - Truly should...
    more news will be given as we hear about it..​

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    Fringe, Krohon, Time Lord and 6 others like this.
  6. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Oh, I love a mystery...

Amber I noticed on my gift page that you hadn't claimed the metronome. So do you want me to deliver it in game instead? Or resend it?

Krohon, Time Lord and Acred like this.
  7. Amber Raine

Oh Spoon mellonamin, i sadly did not receive an email with the claiming ability. I would be good either way, although we do need to meet in game at some point, there is a spoon for the spoon still in my possession i believe :)

8. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

As long as I can wear a helmet when you apply it to my forehead for all the things I say...
    ;)

9. Amber Raine

Another note has arrived from the officials of the Church Of The Dark Star:

[​IMG]

"Patient Zero Confirmed."

One of the residents of a temporary shelter in Upper Paxlair has been taken into custody by church officials.
    A few hours after our initial report was released last eve, multiple ravens descended upon the church en masse.
    In their claws were messages from concerned citizens having witnessed a change in one of their fellow residents.
    These changes included sporadic twitching of various body parts,
    "...One time I saw their head bob like those bobble head dolls you see back on earth..." said one witness.
    "...We would just be chatting and their arm or leg would just flail, unexpectedly..." said another.
    "...After a night out, we were all tired, so I thought nothing of them saying they were feeling very sick and needed to lay down.
    Until after laying down they started twitching..."

The resident is now in custody in the basement of the Church Of The Dark Star location in Radio City.
    Upon further investigation it would seem "Patient Zero" is highly contagious,
    Residents of Hidden Vale and Novia should be on alert.
    Thorough examination of their travel log indicates they had done an extensive amount of travelling.
    Residents of the following locations and surrounding areas are asked to be on higher alert,
    And report any rare oddities witnessed in your friends to
    The Church Of The Dark Star, Island of Chaos, Rifts End.

Paxlair,
    Owl's Head,
    King's Port
    Beran's Reach,
    Port Phoenix,
    Radio City,
    Vengeance,
    Lux Sanctuary,
    Serpent Spine FootHills

Although all precautions were made to quarantine the patient in transport,
    All of the Verdantis regions should be on full alert as "Patient Zero" has been brought to the area.​

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    Doctor, Fringe, Krohon and 5 others like this.
  10. Amber Raine

[​IMG]

"As a black cloud of ravens fell upon the island of chaos, all in attendance were infected with the disease known as "The Starrlton""

I would personally like to thank all those who helped make this event happen.

"Patient Zero" - @Amber Raine
    "The Strain" - @Lady Addy , @Stryker Sparhawk , @Dinsoo @Thadeus Crook , @Celith Wraine

Most importantly - @DarkStarr

Thank you to everyone who came out and followed along.

May the infectuous plague known as "The Starrlton" spread rapidly through New Britannia and show the true "Love" of Chaos!

May the shadows of night keep and protect you all!

Doctor, Fringe, Krohon and 7 others like this.
  11. Lace

Lace Avatar

For you folks that got past the title saying church and think this is some kind of cult ... well maybe it is. I started going a little less than a year ago, and the reasons why I keep coming back is the takeaway. The presenters of a subject are usually @Amber Raine and @WrathPhoenix aka Kazyn Phoenixfire sometimes @Winfield . Amber takes a chaos stance, Kayzyn an Order stance, and Winfield speaks of balance betwen the 2. Sometimes they are very game related topics, sometimes it is a time to socialize and self check on how you are as a human being here in SOTA or IR, sometimes its a irl personal subject that needs discussion.

For me it is a time to reflect on who I am IRL and what can I do to think about other sides to every conversation. (If you are in any management role you should attend and tithe 100,000 gold to Amber Raine ---- so kidding on the tithing)

Come one time... listen and think is what I encourage (unless the subject is demons and kittens ---- that was suggested by the populous or somethign similar and they actually did a discussion about it) -- I Freaking missed this one and am so sad.

Also if there is something about the game bothering you, suggest it as a piece for the following week and attend to see what others say. Troubling over something . make the subject broad and listen, wanna get to know folks better? suggest a topic like introverts versus extroverts

I found this event on happenstance... I keep going back because I like the self reflection time when silencing my own voice and taking the time to listen.

(god hope that didn't sound too cultish lol)

Audacity, Fringe, Krohon and 2 others like this.
  12. Amber Raine

@Lace Thank you so much. This sincerely put a tear in my own eye. This is why, after 2 years (end of this month will be 2 years exactly) we continue to do this every week. As much as it helps us, just reaching one person, means we have done something right. Thank you so much for this!

Amber.

Speaking of which...

Please join us this Saturday in Rifts End at the Island of Chaos (where the outbreak of the plague known as the Starrlton started last week) For a service on "Rudeness - Awareness and Acceptance of Others" as suggested by @Doctor Shroud

Where: Island Of Chaos, Rifts End (NE Corner Island)
    Time: 11am NBT (CDT/CST)
    Topic: Rudeness - Awareness and Acceptance of Others.

For those who enjoy listening in on the service and can not attend in person. We stream the first portion led by High Priestess of Chaos Amber Raine on AvatarsRadio.info - Found on Your Aether Amplifier, Portable Amplifiers and AvatarsRadio.info.

Also past and present services can be found on Sound Cloud (please forgive the missing past couple weeks, there has been a temporary issue with the submission of tracks to sound cloud)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    Lace, Doctor, Fringe and 3 others like this.
  13. Amber Raine

After almost 2 months of struggling with Sound Cloud to give me more room to be able to post the weekly services, we have finally come to an agreement that will allow past and future services to continue being hosted by Sound Cloud.

With that said, I shall be posting the services that have been missing over the past 2 months to this thread.. So yes, I am about to spam my own thread ;)

For those who missed them and were looking for them, here they are. You can also find them on SotAWiki. Thank you to @Browncoat Jayson for making that a thing!

Acred, Time Lord and Browncoat Jayson like this.
  14. Amber Raine

15. Amber Raine

Danellosi mellonamin, Bienvenue tout la mond, good morrow and well met friends and family.

We gather here today in this place called PaxLair, to celebrate the insanity that is our world. And the vast possibilities of life that have been opened before us.

Before that happens I wish to thank everyone who helped make it possible. From the gods above (portalarium) to every member of PaxLair and Vengeance, who came together yesterday to see how to scrape up the small amount that is currently here.

They came together to make trades, to see what it would take to build the world around us. No one really knew what was going to happen, no one knew if it would be possible. So much to do. What should we do?

Running around in a world so empty, so full of... nothing.. What should we do?

Have you ever asked yourself, what should I do? What is my purpose in New Britannia?

As you look into the sky for answers waiting for something to happen longing to understand, everything. It almost seems overwhelming to even begin to put the pieces together.

Welcome to where we find ourselves today, after a wipe, after the end of the world. Starting all over again.

Look around you, so much of what we once knew gone, wiped out of existence by a fierce storm that brought on lightening and thunder, monsters of all shapes and sizes, to consume and devour us.

Even the gods were no match for their mass bodies. As they swooped down and lit fires to homes, to forests, causing mayhem and havoc in every town, every port, every place they went.

We awoke the next day, asking ourselves if it was all a dream. Were the horrors of the day before that had us waking in our hiding places even real? Did it all happen? Such chaos.

No wonder people believe chaos is so evil, the random acts of terrifying and destroying everything it touches. Wrecking lives, destroying all our possessions leaving us with virtually nothing.

I understand how many of you could be nodding at this. Could perhaps even believe this to be the case. How can chaos be such a good thing if it is so destructive?

That is what we are here to talk about today. The Beginning.

I ask you again, to look around you. Tell me what is it you see? Friends? Family? People coming together to regather, rebuild, so that life can continue on? I have seen that.

Look around you at what remains, the small amount that we could gather, with help from friends.. it isn't much.. but it is something.

From this chaos that rained upon us with the force of a thousand gods. We are given a clean slate to build upon, to learn, to understand.

A clean slate that would allow us to perhaps take a different path that we may not have chosen before. Ever had that feeling of "would it be different if i just did things this way?"

From that chaos, you were given that chance to start anew. A clean slate. Now tell me, is that such an evil bad thing? To have the second chance you may have wished you had been given to do something a different way to find out the outcome?

It is the beginning and we have been given that. Look around you. Friends helping friends, people coming together to help rebuild a community that was torn asunder. Not knowing what to do, not knowing if it could even be done, but coming together anyway.

Coming together to find a direction, what can happen? What should we do? So many questions and yet, so few answers.

Anything is possible now, we have no marks upon the pages of our lives. Everything is possible.

We stand at a field wide and vast before us. Do we go left? Do we go right? Or, do we forage in a new direction that may never have been tried or built upon?

That my friends, is a choice only you can make. That my friends is why we are here today, after a immense storm tore us asunder.

For on this day, as some sit, and some stand, on the grounds of what shall be a very impressive town.

Here upon these very few benches, with very little else yet .. We are left with imagination wide open to do what ever it is we wish to do. Go in any direction we feel.

Is this then, such a bad thing? Chaos... in the beginning, it isn't evil. It is a chance to do it all over again, and this time, do it your way. What ever that may be.

Even, when you have nothing to start with.

Today, look around you. The World will never be as it once was. Things have changed, things will change. Now is your chance to do the same. It has been given to us, through an act brought down by the heavens.

This is your chance, brought on by the same powers that "destroyed" it, to rebuild it. Clean, Fresh, New. Where everything is possible, anything is possible.

Now I ask you.. Is Chaos such a bad thing? It is what ends everything but it is also the beauty, that begins, everything.

Thank you.

May the Shadows of Night keep and protect you always.

Acred and Time Lord like this.
  16. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

My pleasure! For those that might be looking on the wiki, you can find the Church of the Dark Star as a community page, and it has a link to the Sermons (and other goodies).

Glad to see the recordings finally, Amber!

Acred and Time Lord like this.
  17. Amber Raine

Danellosi Mellonamin, Bienvenue tout la monde, Greetings and Well met friends and family. Welcome to another glorious Saturday here in the beginnings of PaxLair.

How are we all today? I must say I missed you all last week. It is a great day to be back here and want to say thank you for joining us again.

So how about that Dawn of New Britannia challange issued by Portalarium? Amazing work already submitted by greats as Womby, Ember and Thexedor Markhamm.

I know of a few others that have looked at it and shrunk back thinking they could never compete, would not be able to match the level of that already submitted. Shame really...

I also know of others who worked on something and thought, these are better, lets see if i can improve mine even more. That is a more acceptable decision but still... why?

Or the land rushes... have you seen the way people have been rushing this way and that over the past couple weeks? Trying to get just the right house? Forgetting friend, neighbour, or who might get hurt?

Or.... the other news some of you may have heard. Radios across New Britannia.. Why is there competition? Why can people not just get along and work on being the best them they can be instead of seeing who and what someone else has and trying to take or be like them? Better then them?

With that said -- I had a message I was asked to pass on. "We here at Avatars Radio do not care what anyone heard. Unless you heard it from us, about us, do not hold truth to telephone rumours. Avatars Radio is not going anywhere except up!"

Well, okay then... not sure what that was about but found it on my desk this morning so felt right to share it. It does seem fitting for todays subject.

Today we want to talk to you about competition. It is so very easy to go through life, any of our lives, competing with everyone around us. When we see someone who is more talented, more beautiful, someone who has more gifts.

Instead of accepting what we have and following our own pathes through life, being comfortable in our own. So often we feel inferior and we think "i have to catch up to them"

We're always trying to measure up to someone else, or tear someone down to where we feel we are and then a little more so they are below us.

We lose 20 pounds but a co-worker loses 25. Instead of celebrating their success and continuing on our own happy for them as well as for ourselves,

We think, "I've got to do better. They are going to pass me up"

Or, we wear a new outfit and we are extremely happy with how it looks, feels, the fact we got that very outfit we have been watching at the tailor shop for months...

Until someone we know comes in, can be friend, can be simple acquiantance known across the lands and they are wearing the exact same outfit, only with better material.

And we begin to sulk and think "they look better then us." And now we are discouraged thinking I wish I look like them.

Or a neighbour pulls up in a brand new car, on the outside we're happy for them "It's beautiful, congratulations!"

On the inside however is a raging pit of depression. We start feeling insecure. "I have to work harder, I have to keep up with them. They are making me look bad."

Do you know what is really going on here? Think about all of those scenarios. Do you see anything at all wrong with any of them?

Honestly, is anything wrong with it? Your looking at someone else, feeling like you need to do better, so you push yourself, you get yourself to that next goal..

You finally get there.. you see someone else already there or slightly ahead and you push yourself even more.. Sounds like a positive to me right? Always improving yourself?

Well. I reckon it could be seen that way. But what is really happening? You've lost your own vision, your own way, your now following someone elses. Trying to be who they are, get ahead of them because they can't possibly be able to be more then you are.

The problem with this unhealthy competition is it is a never-ending cycle. There will always be somebody up ahead of us.

I can tell you one thing though and you all know this to be true. I will be surprised if at least half of you do not agree with me right now.

It is a very freeing thing when you realize, can say, and truly mean it when you say it "I am not competing with you. I don't have to have as big a house as my neighbour to feel good about myself."

"I don't have to look like she looks or wear what she wears to feel secure. I don't have to keep up with my co-worker, or I am going to feel less then adequate."

How amazingly freeing it is to finally understand that you are not in competition with your friend. Your not in competition with your neighbour. Your not in competition with your co-worker.

The only person you really need to be competing with and worried about is....

/me looks out at everyone and smiles "you know what I am going to say"

The only person you should be worried about competing with and making better is... yourself.

Promise yourself that you are going to be the best you that you can possibly be.

Now, the best you may not be as successful as your neighbour but that's okay.

The best you may not be as thin as your sister but that's okay.

The best you may not be as talented as dynamic, as outgoing as your co-worker. But that's okay.

What is important. The one thing that we, I am sure, can all agree on. Is you need to be comfortable with who you are made to be.

So easily you could be distracted and lose your focus, by comparing what someone else has or what they do or what they drive or where they are going on vacation.

So easily we can forget who we were meant to be, where were we wanting ourselves to go? Get so lost trying to measure up and surpass someone else that we begin to look like them, sound like them, melt in with them.

And everyone said "one of them, one of them" ~laughs~

I joke now, but you know I'm right. Look at society as a norm. Everyone trying to compete with everyone else. So many follow a pattern of "We take this step to get to that step to reach the next.

If we just push harder we can be next in line for the promotion." Lines form, society stagnates as everyone becomes so monotone in progression that... it gets boring.

Let me tell you a little history here. Most of you, if not all of you, have heard this before. There was a time when this was a worry to a man, many centuries ago.

He was worried that everyone would become alike. Following the same routine, trying to be like one another even if in an attempt to surpass them.

He truly believed, as do many of us today, believed that this would result in the integration of the shards of immortality.

He feared that integration would mean that all people living on each shard would be basically blinked out of existence.

Let me read you a passage here from the Parma: (sources: UOGuide.com/Chaos and Ultima Online Intro)

During the earliest span of the age of darkness. Found in only the most aged of manuscripts lived a world born of mystic arts and ancient sorcery: Sosaria.

Despite Sosaria's enchanted origin its people shunned magic for its very use corrupted the souls of the unwary. But one man dared to awake the slumbering powers of alchemy.

Twisting the awesome powers of the gem of immortality to his will and binding all of Sosaria to his corruption: Mondain the wizard.

His power was absolute as the whole of the planet was gripped in his cruel embrace. Only the appearance of a stranger saved Sosaria from impending destruction.

From whence he came no one knows, but his strength and courage were without peer. In this stranger lay Sosaria's only hope.

Only a traveler from the stars could release this world from Mondain's vile stranglehold. He would prove himself a saviour, shattering the gem of immortality and defeating Mondain.

But a deeper and more sinister evil was released with the destruction of the gem, for Sosaria was not free of the stone's power. The planet was still bound to the jewel even as it lay shattered on the floor of Mondain's castle.

For within each shattered remnant of the jewel dwelt a perfect likeness of Sosaria. Thus is the world in which you are born, live and die.

Britannia that was once Sosaria now exists as a thousand worlds each with its own peoples, history and destiny.

~skips ahead a few pages and begins to read again~

Blackthorn supposedly invented Chaos after overhearing a conversation wherein it was revealed that Lord British, the King of Britannia, wished to get everyone to follow the Virtues, this would result in integration of the shards.

Lord Blackthorn feared that integration would mean that the people living on each shard would be basically blinked out of existence.

Therefore, he created Chaos to help insure that Virtue would literally never conquer all. As long as one person followed Chaos instead, the shards would never be integrated.

~lifts her eyes from the Parma and addresses everyone again~

We, can see from this and have learned, as has everyone who chooses their own pathes whether it be straight forward or over where no path has been forged realize. If at least one person is not trying to be like everyone else. This will not ever happen.

Chaos is our allowance to be different. To not be the same as everyone else. To see someone else and go "Yes okay, they are doing their thing and doing it well. I am truly happy for them. But they are not me. And I am okay with that."

I realize I may not be the best person in the world for teaching this weekly and I am okay with that. But I am going to be the best High Priestess of Chaos I can be.

I may not be as good a DJ or business owner as somebody else but that's okay I'm not competing with them and I am going to be the best DJ and business owner I can be.

I may not be the ideal girl friend. ~grins~ Don't you dare say amen to that! ~laughs~

But I am going to be the best significant other that I can be.

So what is the point here? Point really, you don't need to be just like everyone else. Be happy for them.

They found somewhere else that makes them happier where they think they can be more successful? Good, you let them go and then realize, they are not you.

You don't need to be upset. Wish them well, help them out if you can, and you continue doing what it is that you do.

The world has enough people following each other, trying to compete for that number 1 spot. But if we think about it. If you try your best to be the best you that you can be...

You've already made first place. Because no one can be you. And you have already won your race. You are competing with yourself. Just worry about you and the rest will just fall where it is supposed to.

Understand that there is nothing wrong with coming in 100th out of 100 people. If you are the best 100 that you can be, there is nothing wrong with that.

Quit thinking that you need to measure up to somebody else in order to feel good about yourself.

You don't have to feel inferior because you're not as successful as your cousin.

You don't have to be intimidated because you have a co-worker that's extremely talented.

I don't have to feel less then because my brother is a skilled surgeon. He completed 12 years of college and I just finished my first year. We're not competing against each other.

You are in a class all by yourself and can go in any direction you wish to go in. There is no other you and there never will be.

So don't compare yourself. Celebrate yourself. You have everything you need to ful-fill your destiny.

I want you to be more comfortable in your own skin and stop looking at everyone elses around you and comparing.

Some of you are always competing with a neighbour, a co0worker, a friend. Trying to one-up them. Out dress them, out perform them.

Now... let it go. They are not in your race, they are not in your class, they are not blocking your path. Thinking that way, is merely a distraction that our Lord opened our eyes to centuries ago.

Your race is made up of one person. You!

Be the best you that you can be.

Remember, you don't have to impress anybody. You don't have to prove who you are. You know who you are. Equipped and empowered to make your own pathes when someone does try to distract you.

So keep your shoulders back, your head held high, be secure in who you are. And tell any distractions that they can't stop you. You are going to be the best you that you can be, and you are not going anywhere but up!

If you will stay free from a spirit of competition and just run your race. You'll not only enjoy your life more but you will see your gifts and talents come out to the full

because when you celebrate others. Someone, somewhere, will celebrate you!

Thank you.

May the Shadows of Night Keep and Protect you always.

18. Amber Raine

Mae Govennan y Danellosi mellonamin, Greetings and well met friends and family.

This weeks service September 17th 2016, will be held in Rift's End at the Island of Chaos (head north along the beach and take the boat to where the outbreak of the plague known as the Starrlton occured)

This weeks service will be surrounding the concept of - Endurance as challenged to us by @Jakdaw Foxlauden
    (Please note that this week may be different then most weeks as each person is taking a different view on what Endurance means to them)

Where: Island Of Chaos, Rifts End (NE Corner Island)
    Time: 11am NBT (CDT/CST)
    Topic: Endurance

For those who enjoy listening in on the service and can not attend in person. We stream the first portion led by High Priestess of Chaos Amber Raine on AvatarsRadio.info - Found on Your Aether Amplifier, Portable Amplifiers and AvatarsRadio.info.

Also past and present services can be found on Sound Cloud (please forgive the missing past couple weeks, there has been a temporary issue with the submission of tracks to sound cloud which is currently being updated and fixed)

19. Amber Raine

Not entirely sure why this was ever locked away and set to private (7 months ago!!), but while going through the sound cloud set and and trying to get everything fixed. I came upon this.

Dedicated to:

@DarkStarr @Richard Garriot @FireLotus @Lum the Mad @Chris @Portalarium

A Reminder for the entire community.

20. Amber Raine

This Saturday September 24th, 2016 - We, as a community will be coming together in memory of Lacey whom we all loved, to celebrate life, celebrate all she did for us and all those she touched. Lacey was a great person and a spirit of hope in a hopeless world. She touched so many reminding us that no matter what we are going through we can always give a little more.

Her family, her friends, the entire community invites you to come and share your moments of life with Lacey as we lay our sister to rest.

When: September 24th, 2016 - 11am NBT
    Where: Cottage Grove

This will also be presented on NBNN for those who can not attend in person and on Avatars Radio for those whom wish to listen.

Lacey - Go fly with the angels, for your spirit will linger with us and you shall always be an angel to us.

May the shadows of night keep and protect you always.

Pikegirl, Time Lord, Ellrynn and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.