City and Town lots available in add on store

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by RTM, Dec 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ara

Ara Avatar

Well partly that was the reason but placing a castle was hard even without those houses.

I tried it on our own UO freeshard and there were few places that accepted castles. So many spots where you thought a castle would fit didnt actually fit at all since there were some rock or something else blocking the spot.

2. Gaumarol

Gaumarol Avatar

Sorry, but u forgot that the add-on store plot was saled for 150$.
    Thats 3,3333 and the difference Lord town plot is the same...

3. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Just remember on a free shard you can change all of the variables. Plus the free shard software was created by someone else than EA/OSI so they may not have everything the same. UO Free shard <> UO Real. Just saying.

(I ran a RunUO frees hard for a period of time in the past.)

deryk likes this.
  4. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

I see two town and one city lot sold so far.

Perhaps my definition of hotcakes is different? Or maybe I didnt read that sacastically enough ;p

sgt_pEppEr and Bramagola like this.
  5. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Yay one of the Towns was me :D

hmmmmm do I buy another ....

deryk and Deliverence like this.
  6. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Its been a long time, but just off the top of my head. A basic house was $10,000. A tent (yes they were available then), went for $2,000 (or possibly $5,000). There were no 'really big houses' back then (late 90's).
    From there, it went up in price a bit to a small house with a forge, a small tailor house, a brick house, a tower, and then a castle. Can't remember what a tower and castle went for. Of course, sometime after the Felucca/Trammel split, the pricing of houses started to get ridiculously high, but for a good reason. There was so little space available and by then, they dropped the limit of houses from one per character to one per account.

7. Ara

Ara Avatar

Well that is true but i remember all those small obstacles on a ground that looked like a perfectly good spot to place in still didnt allow a house or tower to be placed.

Placing houses was a skill of it's own in UO and a very funny one. It was fun running arround all over the map trying to find that spot noone else had found, really fun.

I wish they had that system in SotA.

8. Bayard2

Bayard2 Avatar

Sorry I want to pass on that insanity lol....:eek:

OSullivan and Lord Gréagóir like this.
  9. Ara

Ara Avatar

Here is a example of an account sold 1999 for 2K -

http://arstechnica.com/features/1999/03/uo-interview/

My guild sold a GM designed keep on one of the bigger freeshards for 3K some 6-7 years ago to a guy that didnt know what to do with his money. He got some rarities with the keep but still .....

10. Ara

Ara Avatar

Yeah it was annoying sometimes but also rewarding when you managed to place one.

11. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

This doesn't surprise me at all. I could have sold mine back in 2002, especially with my GM characters and some of the rare items I kept (anyone remember the spawned backpacks in December 97 with a 'no null' item in it?). Instead, I just gave my stuff to some close friends at the time thinking that I was leaving it all behind for good (which I did).

Edit: I almost forgot all about the two story houses back in the late 90's.

12. Ara

Ara Avatar

Yeah i also gave away my OSI account to a friend some months after Age of Shadows. It was from game start with many 7xGM characters. Had some old rares on it, one is kinda funny from Santa 1997, a card that say "Maybe you will get a nicer gift next year", guess i had been a bad boy.

http://www.uorares.com/Database/ItemCatalog/holiday1997.php

He still uses it.

Alexander likes this.
  13. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

I can't believe any sane person would by virtual land for the prices SotA is selling them for. One can buy groceries for 2 - 3 months in the real world for the same amount of money. Also, with it being Christmas who would buy virtual land for these prices when they could be buying presents for real family and friends or donating it to charities. Don't get me wrong I think player owned and decorated houses may make any game more interesting and flavorful, but these prices are just ridiculous in my opinion. Also, I was considering playing SotA single player online, but if I need to pay this amount of money real or virtual for housing I think I'll just play offline single player mode as housing is bound to be more affordable in this mode, and I was really looking forward to having a house in SotA to call home. Additionally, I've never paid monthly subscriptions or played pay to play games in the past nor will I play them in the future and I doubt I'm the only SotA backer that feels this way, so SotA's developers need to start giving us Ultima fans (not Ultima Online fans) something to look forward to in SotA as the only reason I backed SotA was because it was suppose to be the next great Ultima singleplayer game not just another pay to play game. :mad:

14. Duke Gréagóir

Thanks for sharing that. The best part from the article is: I hate being attacked for no reason by people who either don't say anything to you at all or people who use "k3wl d00dz" talk. Lol

15. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

You know......each to their own.

Some people spend $300 a month on cigarettes.
    Some people spend $200 a month on a couple of pints of beer a day.

Some people may decide, "I won't smoke and drink so much" and pump $100 a month into a game they beleive in and know that they will enjoy it.

You should never criticise these people as they are the ones who make this game happen by funding it. When you consider the price of houses in the store vs what people burn on a daily basis without thinking about it...........actually it's fairly cheap.

Pendragon and OSullivan like this.
  16. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

I'm just jealous Envy / Midian as I can't afford an awesome house in the real world let alone one in SotA due to my smoking and beer drinking habit. ;)

mhoward48, deryk and OSullivan like this.
  17. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

You can find a balance twofoldsilence. Imagine if you will, burning one down and cracking a brew while sitting in your brand new citizens home. All of this can be yours for $50 a month over the next 10 months. That's less than $2 a day. You can save $2 a day right? Wal-Mart or Target will sell the credit card you need for a layaway plan on the account page. So one less 12 pack every week and you have a home in 10 months. Do, or do not. There is no try.

Envy / Midian likes this.
  18. Brighton Rock

Brighton Rock Avatar

from the add on store:

(NOTE: Property Deeds will not be exclusive to the Add-On Store, and may also be available in the game. Property Deeds purchased through the Add-On Store will have an in game currency tax that must be paid monthly or the lot reverts to being for sale and the Property Deed is returned to the owner. Backers at Citizen level and above receive a tax exempt Property Deed. All lot deeds are transferable between players. Refer to the FAQ for lot placement priority)

I'm not a lawyer, and english isnt my native language, but as far as i understand it they clearly say "if you are at citizen level or higher and buy a lot from the store, it is tax-free"

I'm pretty sure that is not what they meant.

so should they rephrase their text or do i have to improve my english ?

19. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

No, it is stating that if you are a backer at a Citizen level tier or above you already receive a tax free property deed.

Basically, it is saying that you already get a tax free deed at those tiers, but if you want another one it is not tax exempt.

Time Lord, Koldar and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  20. Duke Gréagóir

That is how I am reading it. The same way as Sir Frank.

Koldar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.