Clashing swords/spells and blocking/dodging in combat

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by HT062870, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HT062870

HT062870 Avatar

I was wondering if there will be different kinds of animations when you are dodging like rolling, back flips, front flips, and side flips if such feats are added. Can two opponents/enemy with swords clash with each other with various animations and will players who use magic battle enemies/players in a type of duel where one tries to overpower the other spells (think Harry Potter). Also how about blocking with a shield/sword or spell will the game have such a feature with some type of animation behind it. I don't like the generic fighting I much prefer to see such combat like in the witcher series.

2. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I generally like the idea of active dodges and blocks.
    GW2 is a good start but many modern games do active dodges.

Many games have some kind of aggressive vs defensive stance, which I would do as well.

3. HT062870

HT062870 Avatar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPrOonmaG00 the combat system for this game is pretty cool.

Your character dodging and blocking a sword in close combat is a much better combat system than those generic MMO that we see. I much prefer fighting enemies Al who can dodge and block attacks. I definitely would like to many animation when it comes to fighting and unique ones for certain fight styles.

4. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

That's actually pretty far behind a modern MMO as far as active dodging. It's more like Diablo. It's interesting, but not even what you'd find in TERA / GW2.

5. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

i like the idea of the blocking with spells and swords etc. The system they are using with the "Cards" to initialize a skill I think will play a big role in this.

Imagine rather than just having the normal spells a wizard learns a skill to "block" a strike with magic. That could be used along side casting normal spells, but it's a skill that comes to mind (as a card as part of your preset skills) during a combat.

There will be strategy and timing involved in this game's combat system. It will also be unique. I'm looking forward to trying it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.