Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Cloned towns - opportunity to beautify them

Discussion in 'Release 28 Feedback Forum' started by Kara Brae, Apr 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

In R28 there seem to be lots of clones of Etceter, the ugliest town in the game so far (just my opinion, of course!) Please introduce some beautifying textures or resources, or whatever they are called, to gradually make these towns more beautiful when they are re-modelled.

I am currently in love with the foliage and undergrowth of the town of Kiln (Brookside is a clone, but there may be others). A village lot placed in the heath is stunningly beautiful. I wish there was an option to cover open spaces in the POT templates with flowery undergrowth in a similar fashion.

2. Black Orchid

Black Orchid Avatar

I agree with you but i would like to see some of the towns look totally different. More unique. my main worry is how long these towns will stay as clones. will they just end up being that way due to time constraints etc. It is nice to see the extra towns in the game to give more housing but they should look different in some way. For example it was great to see yew in the game but it would of been much better if it was more forested .maybe people living in tree houses and have it look more mystical etc. There is alot of different ways the towns could look. I also like the way aeire was built on different levels which really made a difference.

3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I honestly don't agree.
    They are placeholders. No need to shift the workforce there.
    I know it's annoying, i can agree with that.
    But non the less the manpower is needed elsewhere.

4. Black Orchid

Black Orchid Avatar

I understand that they are Place holders. My concern is how long will they be in that state for? There is alot of cloned towns in the game and based on the time it takes to create each one individually it will take a long time to do them all. like you stated here there is alot of other things that need to be done first so will they end up staying as they are ??

5. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Do you mix the NPC towns with the PoTs?

6. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I try to remember that the game won't officially launch any time soon. I don't really like the placeholders, especially when I think of the fact that people are going to have to claim a lot in a town in July-August when they don't know what it will end up looking like. But I do have faith that they will all be unique when the game finally launches.

Bow Vale and Black Orchid like this.
  7. Black Orchid

Black Orchid Avatar

no . Im sure all pot's will be unique because they will be designed in their owners own style. There is allready a lot of very well designed pot's in game now :). I am refering to the npc towns and prt's that have been added to the game recently.

8. Black Orchid

Black Orchid Avatar

Thats another good point i never thought of.especially when some people place a lot of importance on which lot they choose on final lot selection.I can see people not risking picking lots in those towns if your right because it would be a risk where your lot could end up being placed.

Kara Brae likes this.
  9. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

The placement of your lot relative to the entrance and other lots will be the same. The only thing changing will be the environment around your house. The location of the lots won't change.

Black Orchid likes this.
  10. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Just wanted to be sure.
    So, the NPC towns are placeholders. They will be replaced in all those workover periods that are coming. I have no idea if they will be unique our just a variation of the placeholders. But my guess is they will be unique.
    About the player runed towns (those that are neither NPC towns nor PoTs) i have no idea. But I guess they will not get the same redoing as NPC towns.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    Black Orchid and Kara Brae like this.
  11. Black Orchid

Black Orchid Avatar

Thats good to know so i presume services would stay in same place aswell ? I would of thought that some people might like to pick a nice spot visually to though which would change.

12. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Plan is to avoid that.
    But like with everything: dlmb ^^

Black Orchid likes this.
  13. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

They have to redo the NPC towns so that they are unique and hopefully each one gets a "personality", like the towns in the old Ultima games.
    They have to redo the NPCs as well, giving them individual looks. Hundreds of NPCs.
    The have to create a single player experience that can stand its ground against other single player RPGs.
    They have to write dialogues and create interesting quests.
    They have to add many more things, redo things, polish things...
    And all of this until the end of the year for "release" of episode 1? Time is running out...

Sir Cabirus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.