CoA FEB 2017 Update

Discussion in 'The College of Arms' started by Ronan, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

This month's update will focus on changes. In redesigning the generator many things have changed. We have already told you about the design no longer being represented on a shield, instead the design will be a 256x256 pixel square. This allows Portalarium to use the image as they need; be it shield or banner.

Another change is the art. Many will see changes in their chosen design based on the new art being used for charges. Remember, we register the Blazon (description of the arms), not the image so this should not be frightening to any of you.

Charges will no longer be able to be placed willy nilly in the design area. There are set design points that a charge will "snap" to and be automatically resized to fit that position. Reasoning is two-fold: 1) We needed to be able to provide a functioning AUTOMATIC generator which generates the description in words that can be reproduced (i.e. the Blazon) and 2) Players were creating images which could not be described simply.

So today I present an old version of a registered device alongside its new version. This is the device registered for the avatar Zone, it is a simple design and probably the best one to start with. Note the major change in this design is the art. I will show more in this thread as I have the time. Drop a PM to me if you would like to see your design in the new version. Some designs are not able to be recreated in the new generator at this time so your particular design may not be able to be shown, but I will show how it would be rendered as the generator stands right now.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

Here's another Old vs. New.

In this example we have the avatar @Phydra 's arms. Note how the old version had multiple colors within the charge? We do not currently have that capability in the new generator. I could not use the white (silver) color for the rose as that would then become a metal on top of a metal so I just chose green.

In a case like this it would be best for the owner of the arms to head over to the generator and register a new design with the colors they prefer. This new generator is NOT available to the public yet! We will let you know when that happens.

I recommend everyone check it out when it becomes available as there are many new charges that will be available along with all the structural changes. @Knight Grant MacGregor is working his coding skills as fast as time will permit him!

[​IMG] [​IMG]