CoA Jan 2017 Update (replacement)

Discussion in 'The College of Arms' started by Ronan, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

Ugh, I deleted the images that were linked in the original Jan update. So we are starting fresh.

Below is a group of 120 charges (about half of the total so far) currently in the generator as viewed from my work space. Players will not see the delete symbols over each charge :). Note the RED circle/slash symbols over seven of them. Those charges are not for use by the general player base. They are reserved for civic arms, royalty, custom devices etc.

As you can see, it is difficult to find a specific charge. We have subdivided the charges into 5 groups: Animal, Human, Object, Plant, Weapon. There will be a search box available for your use. You can search on those terms to get a group of charges (still a lot to look through) or you can search for a specific thing. Search on Eagle and you might get 5 different eagle charges, much easier to pick from than over 200 charges.

[​IMG]

2. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

Wondering about weapons to use on your arms? Well, wonder no more! We have the following weapons already in the generator:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Yeah, I added the last 3 just because. So does the wooden chest work for the ones we have in Shroud? As you can also see I remembered to include all you budding botanists out there.
    Oh and I double inserted the war axe by mistake, sorry 'bout that.
    Are we missing your favorite Shroud weapon? Let me know. I still want to add caltrops and a neat looking fireball.

The images above are taken from the new arms workspace. It's a nice neat square that you add your design elements to. There will no longer be whilly nilly resizing and positioning of charges. Each position on the workspace has been designated to match the points on a traditional escutcheon and the charges will automatically size to the position on the workspace that you designate for them.

Until next update, have fun in the game!

3. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

4. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

I do so hope you can fit an EGG in there somewhere. I can dig one up if needed in whatever format is used.
    After all, the Dune family motto is Bonus Ovum or A Good Egg.

5. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

Hey guys/gals,
    Not sure of the status. I know Knight Grant MacGregor was really busy irl and he is the go to guy at this point cause he is the "1 and 0's " guy. I am very sure the system is set and ready to go with just a few tweaks left to be done based on what Portalarium does on their end. Art-wise I have sent over several hundred elements. Many of the existing CoAs we are hoping can be straight transferred over, but Grant is the man to ask about that. I currently am deeply involved in another project so new correct format art work is not gonna happen. As things calm down on my end and when (if) the generator is working in game I can revisit new elements.
    Just think...Sir Franks CoA element is not even in the generator! I have it ready to go, but Grant became too busy and it is still sitting on my hard drive.

6. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Thank you so much for all the hard work over the years and the update! The community owes you and Knight Grant McGregor a great debt. We appreciate all you do. Huzzah.

Tahru and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  7. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

I see you have added the Fleur de Lis to that list, which is great, but I am still missing the "Hart springing"
    The 'SotA' sun device and Daedelus also seem to have disappeared...

All three of these were in my and my son's approved arms...

(PS: Is there a new generator somewhere, because I still see all the old devices in the one on https://sotacoa.com/generator# )

8. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

I am hoping your design and your sons can be directly imported into the game. We will know soon.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  9. Urwendor

Urwendor Avatar

So what is the rules now. I got my Coat of Arm approved 2014 ... do I need to make a new?

10. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

Urwendor you should be fine. We are patiently awaiting Portalarium's establishment of the procedure. There will be a link on your account page (I think that's how it will happen) to all pledge holders to claim your arms.

Urwendor likes this.
  11. AvatarGG

12. Archibald Leatherneck

Archibald Leatherneck Avatar

I realize most people probably want the exciting charges. Is there a possibility for basic charges such as lozenges, roundels, and gouttes?

13. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

It is possible. Roundels and gouttes may be in already. Won't know for sure until Portalarium's generator appears.

CrazyPhil likes this.
  14. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

Wait I'm confused.

Are registered blazons still registered?

15. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

Yes, but previously approved blazons will have to be recreated with Portalarium's generator or uploaded separately if the new generator can't reproduce them. Portalarium has said they will work with us to make that happen.

Ronan and Drake Aedus like this.
  16. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

@Sir Frank thanks! I know we've all invested time and energy into the tools and blazons already.