CoA Request

Discussion in 'The College of Arms' started by Albus, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Albus

Albus Avatar

I used the SotA College of Arms site to produce arms, though I was unable to add any kind of border to the chaos/magic symbol; if there is a way to do that it might make improvement upon these arms (border being in sable probably, or possibly argent?). Anyway this is what I have, any recommendations or corrections are appreciated. Username on SotA CoA site is Albus.

[​IMG]

Bones13 [MGT] likes this.
  2. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

Hi Albus!
    Great design BUT...
    using the dark color in top of another dark color , the black and deep red, is not permitted. I love that color combination also, but we can't use it. The other red, the lighter version Gules would make this acceptable rules wise. Is the dragon voided or white? If voided, that won't work.
    If you like one of us can play around with it and provide something similar but within the rules.
    Or let us know what you like and we can make something for you that the generator does not have available yet.

Bones13 [MGT] and Albus like this.
  3. Albus

Albus Avatar

Hmm what if the chaos symbol was two colours, argent outside with and inside of sanguine? Or if the sanguine still won't work that way either then perhaps the Gules (although I was a bit partial to Sanguine, not just for the look but fitting in with Sanguine Stand, the town the character will be associated with). If possible, I could not get the generator to do it, but a thinner chaos symbol would probably look better also so that it doesn't blot out so much of the chevron - if that were possible, I'd probably have the arrows reaching out farther than they do, I just didn't want to wipe out the Chevron under them, and I might have the dragon enlarged then as well? The dragon was supposed to be white rather than voided. Thanks for all the info and having a look :)

4. Albus

Albus Avatar

Here is a version with the sanguine swapped to gules, if that works? Still interested in a thinner chaos symbol if that can be done though, long skinnier arrows, and if they are expanded out perhaps the dragon enlarged a bit as well to expand out with them. Not sure of that guiles is too garish in this setup, maybe not? And not sure if the chaos symbol could also be made white on the outside, sanguine on the inside to follow the rules? Thanks again! Something will work I am sure :)

[​IMG]

Bones13 [MGT] likes this.
  5. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

I will play a bit with it. The Gules actually looks good. Bit busy today and tomorrow, but I'll get to it :)

Albus likes this.
  6. Albus

Albus Avatar

No rush, glad to have the help :) The Gules is less muted than the Sanguine was I can see, maybe longer, thinner arrows will be better than the sanguine was while blocking out less of the Chevron, I am thinking ;)

7. Albus

Albus Avatar

Just checking if there is any development on this ;)

8. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

I'm on the road without my graphics load until early Dec. When I return I'll post in the College Forum to let everyone know I'm back to work designs. Helping a "starving" artist setting up at juried art shows. Kind of fun living out of the trunk of my car for a few months, its been years since I've done this :) Oh, but I do miss the comforts of home :)

9. Albus

Albus Avatar

Thanks for the update! Good luck out there meanwhile :)

10. Albus

Albus Avatar

Just checking if there are any updates on this one, or any more changes needed and such.

11. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

Finally! Got around to adding a design that I think will work. The chaos symbol will have to stay that way (thick arms). Cannot increase the size of the dragon as it must remain within the confines of the chaos symbol, just so you know when I did make it larger it did not look good. The chevron fimbriation was removed as it went against the color rules.

Albus likes this.
  12. Albus

Albus Avatar

Ah thanks! Looking forward to seeing the results :)

Edit to add: Aha I got a look on the College of Arms sight, I think it looks better without the fimbriation :) That was really something added by the system on the old arms sight in which the arms were originally created anyway, rather than anything integral to the design. Still curious to see how all these arms will look in game on shields, cloaks, perhaps tabards and such eventually!

Thanks so much for the patience and help :D

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016