Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Coconuts... again

Discussion in 'Release 38 Feedback Forum' started by Barugon, Feb 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

So, I really love using the coconuts but they're... painful to use. For instance, if I'm running through town and I get stuck on some feature then I'm not able to jump to get over it without unequipping the coconuts first. This brings me to the most dreadful part of using the coconuts; unequipping them! This is just tedious and could be totally fixed by one simple change: allow us to swap decks while the coconuts are equipped. I can personally see no game balance issue as to why Swap Decks is disabled while the coconuts are equipped. Even worse, I can't seem to get an answer from anyone at Portalarium about it (and I've posted about this every release for at least a year).

@DarkStarr, @Lum the Mad, anyone, can you please talk about this?

Mykalson, smack, Net and 11 others like this.
  2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Absolutely .
    I use coconuts so often ( traveling the Overworld ) that I've used a precious Deck slot dedicated to having the stupid things "armed"...
    And while they're thinking about it, how 'bout giving us the ability to Swap Decks on the Overworld map. Kinda' ridiculous that we're forced to bring up our Deck menu to change Decks there.

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Some of the limitations in-game seem to have been made without real thought.

Tamsen and FrostII like this.
  4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

No comment.......

5. Grimace2

Grimace2 Avatar

Perhaps we could consider an alternate outfit option on our paper doll. We could then switch between combat clothing and social clothing.

FrostII and fonsvitae like this.
  6. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I am consistently amused by people who demand quality of life enhancements to their habit of running through everyday life while banging two coconut shells together.

7. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

The more serious answer: coconuts are the revision 0.001 of the mount system. You are in a "mounted" state while coconuts are equipped. The things that you cannot do while mounted (such as jumping) are by design.

8. redfish

redfish Avatar

[​IMG]

9. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

When we do get actual mounts, there should really be a variety of skills they can have. Some horses can jump quite well, and it would be nice to take advantage of those. Some can carry a huge amount, so others will prefer those.

I know most other game's mount systems do not allow jumping, but I hope it isn't that simple here.

FrostII likes this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

OK, by design but I'd like to know why (and especially why deck swapping is not allowed).

FrostII and Grimace2 like this.
  11. Net

Net Avatar

I hate coconuts, I hardly use them at all except for long map travel... they prevent me talk with NPCs, jump and at night cast light in scenes (though it works on map). Besides I am faster in scenes actually using sprint (and much faster with dash and blink). I would use coconuts most of the time if I could:
    1) cast light
    2) jump (or better map design so we are not stuck behind pebbles)
    3) interact with NPCs

or

use hotkey to switch coconuts on and off without messing up my deck each time.

Would be nice to be able to eat and drink while mounted and do most stuff (except perhaps some crafting/gathering and fighting).

Hopefully it gets better with real mounts, but it is real pain to switch coconuts on and off all the time. Wish there was game options tickable box "use coconuts on Novia map only and automatically equip them" so it would happen during map load.

Lord Ravnos, FrostII and Barugon like this.
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If I could use Sprint on the world map then I'd never use the coconuts again.

@Lum the Mad, if you could make that happen then I'd also never complain about the coconuts again.

13. chuck5086

chuck5086 Avatar

I think the coconuts are better than nothing for now. Im moving around a lot faster. Im so glad i found them. If anyone else is having trouble finding them, speak to the stableboy near the town crier in Owls Head and say "Horses" He'll give you a set, and then you can experience the pain of taking 1 on and off to do anything basically. Lol but you'll be moving much faster! I do hope they fix it up a little bit and make it more user friendly. Like OP said, a hotkey to be able to equip and unequip the coconut would be awesome and pretty much all I would need to be happy.

Hail Lord British, and safe travels friends!

14. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

what about replacing coconuts with this?
    [​IMG]

scroda, FrostII and matpsch like this.
  15. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

rofl

16. smack

smack Avatar

I think that's fine for just about all of its current limitations given its 0.001 state. The only annoying one that I would argue needs to be fixed is that you can equip coconuts by swapping decks, but you can't unequip them using that same mechanism. Can we get 0.002 with that fix?

If you were to fix that, I'd even wager that all of the single player RPG fans and hardcore full loot PvP fans will come back to this game and your Steam Reviews will skyrocket. Really! The game's future depends on it!

Lord Ravnos and Alley Oop like this.
  17. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Well, @Barugon I would complain..... Unless they also make Dash available, since I'm heavy armor and can't use Sprint... hehehe

@Lum the Mad
    Seriously 'tho, when we're on the Overworld Map - the only "speed enhancement" to alleviate the boredom is to equip coconuts for a journey from one corner of Novia to the other.
    Currently, we are "allowed" to change our decks while ON the Overworld - but ONLY if we pull up the deck menu and do it manually. What is the reason then, for the "Swap Deck" icon to be unusable, forcing the manual deck menu pull ? :confused:

We can't fight on the Overworld, so swapping decks should not be an issue - even if we were mounted (some far day in the future) on an actual horse... Right ?

I mean, why can't we change decks using the Swap Deck button while on the Overworld ?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    Barugon and Gatsu. like this.
  18. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

seems like a "bug" or unintended consequence maybe that it is unavailable on overworld.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.